• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone experienced personal car stuck in Johor for 1 year, no start engine ?

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

care to share your experiences as to how you are managing your lives in SG / Johor, as a result of the border lock-downs, for about 1 year now ?

my car parked in a covered car park in johor, engine no start since one year,... road tax, insurance expired,.... how ?

What are the measures to take - to make car baack to operational ?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Road tax just pay and you can use the car again. I guess a real disinfection will be required as the interior might not have had good ventilation for a while. Battery probably dead, just change. As long as the car is still there, a bit of expense should put things right.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a mechanic to recharge the battery. No need to change if it is still in good condition. Only flat

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

care to share your experiences as to how you are managing your lives in SG / Johor, as a result of the border lock-downs, for about 1 year now ?

my car parked in a covered car park in johor, engine no start since one year,... road tax, insurance expired,.... how ?

Tow it to a mechanic. Do a full service. check fluids, brakes, oil etc, change battery. I would change the engine oil too, actually - although there are many who say the oil should still be fine.

Alternatively if u have your own compressor, inflate the tyres and jump start the car, then drive slowly to the mechanic anyway to do a full check. Whatever u do, don't drive hard till u get everything checked out.

Good luck

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tow it to a mechanic. Do a full service. check fluids, brakes, oil etc, change battery. I would change the engine oil too, actually - although there are many who say the oil should still be fine.

Alternatively if u have your own compressor, inflate the tyres and jump start the car, then drive slowly to the mechanic anyway to do a full check. Whatever u do, don't drive hard till u get everything checked out.

Good luck
Thank You

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

no worries. i leave msian cars unused for 6 mths to a year without any ssue as i am a seaman. just charge battery and car as good as new. u can drive to car wash to get a 10 ringgit wash vaccumm

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hi all,

Well, that is not good. As far as I know, the insurance company will send you notice to renew when your insurance is coming up for expiration. Even if you cannot get to the car and its stuck there for 1 year, you should have renewed your insurance from S'pore if possible. Otherwise if your car is stolen from the car park or vandalized, u are not covered as you have no insurance.

Road tax is separate issue. U can always pay the road tax when you go and pick your car up. Likely your tires will be flat and your battery will be dead. U can call AA Malaysia and they will come to your car location. If you are a AA Singapore member, u can also use their service. They can jump start your car battery (no need to buy new one like some other posters mention here), and they can also pump air into your tires. The petrol in your tank is stabilized and should be ok to use even if one year old. No need to tow and all that nonsense, it costs too much money. The only thing you might be concerned with is some seals and hoses are dry or brittle from bit being used. SO, just keep an eye for oil leaks under the car. That will be dependent on the age and condition of your car.