• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone Else Received Less CPF Interest Than It Should Be ???

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone have same issue with their CPF interest ?

2.5% for Ordinary A/C (OA) but 1st $20K of OA get 3.5%..........

so balance is $114,939 AFTER all deductions.......interest given is $2874.......

but shouldn't interest be = $2373 (2.5% for $94,939) + $700 (3.5% for 1st $20K) = $3073

then 7% interest for Special A/C but my interest is only 6.68%..........what interest given for Medisave ?.............mine is 5.04%............

ALL calculations based on balances AFTER all deductions.............

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The biggest rip-off is that you should be getting 7 percent for your investment, not a point less.

Invest $10k annually for 30 years in SPY (US ETF for S&P) you will have $1.3 million at the end.
In CPF, you get $450k.

$850k difference. Which sane person will give up 200 percent returns??????????

You could have a comfortable retirement if the PAP government didn't steal from you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happened? CPF cheated you?

on the contrary, cpf did not owe me a single cent. thanks to cpf savings, i'm able to pay down on a new house, and that's why i'm spent. i owe cpf, the pap, and sg a lot of gratitude.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
on the contrary, cpf did not owe me a single cent. thanks to cpf savings, i'm able to pay down on a new house, and that's why i'm spent. i owe cpf, the pap, and sg a lot of gratitude.

Not talking to you lah bro.......me talking to the goondu GIMD lah......

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not talking to you lah bro.......me talking to the goondu GIMD lah......

i thought you meant mdig.

image.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
anyone have same issue with their CPF interest ?

2.5% for Ordinary A/C (OA) but 1st $20K of OA get 3.5%..........

so balance is $114,939 AFTER all deductions.......interest given is $2874.......

but shouldn't interest be = $2373 (2.5% for $94,939) + $700 (3.5% for 1st $20K) = $3073

then 7% interest for Special A/C but my interest is only 6.68%..........what interest given for Medisave ?.............mine is 5.04%............

ALL calculations based on balances AFTER all deductions.............

In order to get the extra 1% for the first $20,000, you must have a total of at least $60,000 in your combined account. Since you did not mention how much is in your Retirement account (RA), I have to assume that you already have more then $60,000. In this case the 1% extra will be deposited in your RA, not your OA. That is why u don't see it on the OA statement.

If on the other hand, you only have $40K in your RA, then CPF can go into the OA for $20K to make up the total of $60K. And give the 1% bonus interest on the $60k to be apportioned according to the ratio. In your case, I think they just gave you the 2.5% on the OA, but gave the extra 1% to your RA. U should check that. Just my opinion.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yes, you are so grateful to them that you run road to Cali. See how full of shit u are?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
CPF is the best thing since sliced bread.

Thanks to the CPF scheme, I could fund my property investments without having to pay a cent from my take home pay. The liquidity that CPF created made a huge difference to my lifestyle and investment options.

If it wasn't for CPF, I'd be at least $1 million poorer today.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In order to get the extra 1% for the first $20,000, you must have a total of at least $60,000 in your combined account. Since you did not mention how much is in your Retirement account (RA), I have to assume that you already have more then $60,000. In this case the 1% extra will be deposited in your RA, not your OA. That is why u don't see it on the OA statement.

If on the other hand, you only have $40K in your RA, then CPF can go into the OA for $20K to make up the total of $60K. And give the 1% bonus interest on the $60k to be apportioned according to the ratio. In your case, I think they just gave you the 2.5% on the OA, but gave the extra 1% to your RA. U should check that. Just my opinion.

I see..............thanks...........so if I don't have a Retirement Account yet, I won't get the extra 1% right ?

what about Special Account................I thought they say 7% interest ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I see..............thanks...........so if I don't have a Retirement Account yet, I won't get the extra 1% right ?

what about Special Account................I thought they say 7% interest ?

Hahahaha, this is complicated, right? Typical PAP bullshit, throw a lot of smoke in, stir with some crap and try to hide the actual numbers. This process should be very simple. But what they do is they say you can get this rate, only if this happens, and then the rate goes here and there. SImplification is not in the PAP vocabulary.

My understanding is as follows, and of course any staff of CPF here is free to correct me.

You can get a 1% bonus on your accounts with CPF.

This is restricted to only $60,000 on all your combined accounts, therefore, the max you can get is $600 per year. That's right, yippee kaiyer motherfucker. Before you faint from the PAP's generousity, there is more conditions.

The 1% bonus has a priority distribution. The RA gets the first prority. If your RA has $60K in it already, then all of the 1% bonus interest will be deposited there.

If you only have say $20K in your RA, then $200 of the $600 bonus interest is deposited there. The second priority becomes the OA. So, the balance of the $400 interest should be deposited there.

But wait, there is yet another condition. The max. bonus interest that can go into the OA is $200 because they restricted it to the first $20K of the OA. So, under this scenario, you have $200 into RA, $200 into OA, and a balance of $200.

The third priority is the Special account. This is where the remaining $200 will be deposited. So even if you only have $5K in your special account, the $200 will be deposited there because you have overall $60K. Remember, All this is predicated on the assumption that you have at least $60K in your combined accounts. If you have only $50K, then tough shit, your 1% works out to $500 only.

But wait, there is yet another twist. If you are over 55 and have money in CPF Life, then the 1% can also be distributed into there. That is because when you turn 55, some of your OA and SA money have been hijacked into a newly created RA account for you and the money there used to open a CPF Life account (whether you want to or not). Therefore, if all the accounts you have outside of CPF Life does not add up to $60K, they will allow the money in your CPF life to be counted as part of the $60K, and any balance of the 1% interest will be deposited in you CPF Life account.

U need a fucking MBA to figure all this shit out. The secondary and pre-U schools in singapore are better off teaching their students how to calculate all of this instead of giving them etiquette lessons.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so Retirement Account is created when you turn 55 lah ?

the extra 1% is only for those with RA lah ?

so end up with RA, OA, SA, medisave...................wah lan..........

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

tis is like some kind of offer by hong leong finance or time deposit account from UOB.
they up the rate to entice you to put in more $$$$.
Chee-Pye-F is a commercial institute ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
so Retirement Account is created when you turn 55 lah ?

the extra 1% is only for those with RA lah ?

so end up with RA, OA, SA, medisave...................wah lan..........

The 1% is designed to benefit the "retirees" those aged 55 and above. That is why they cap it at $20k for the OA, and give the rest of the bonus money to the other accounts like RA and CPF Life. So, of the 1% that you can get, the max that is going into the OA is only .333%.