• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anybody here playing Football Manager games on phones/tablets?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any good ones to recommend?

I've been thinking of getting Sega's FM for the past year ...

t7endpWjNglNoR0B14XcZ_5dn5a9CuQzDhZrR5onamL4IsqhufySgOpXvyfzPVu8avM=w705

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
FM Handheld.. are like those older CM/FM games where there's no 3D engine. Plays much faster than the current PC versions.

If you like to play with little depth & strategy, or don't have the time, then FM handheld is the way to go.
If you prefer more depth and strategy, then stick to the PC version.

I've played since CM92. Stopped for a while between 2001 to 2008(?), 2010 to 2012. Impressed with the current PC version & their 3D match engine.. Always remember the old days when everyone was clamouring.. if CM had a 3D match engine.. then it would be perfect :biggrin:

You know the deal about why Sports Interactive switched their brand name to FM right? Broke partnership with Eidos Interactive which kept the CM Brand name..

P.S. Handheld match engine is with those little circles running around the screen, just to clarify. Not the older versions where its just text.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
P.S. Handheld match engine is with those little circles running around the screen, just to clarify. Not the older versions where its just text.

That's good enough for me actually.. I remember I got a version (IIRC by EA Sports) when they combined CM with FIFA. Most stupid idea ever.

You know the deal about why Sports Interactive switched their brand name to FM right? Broke partnership with Eidos Interactive which kept the CM Brand name..

I recall reading there was a fall out within the original creators. The appeal of this game is the detailed data accuracy for clubs/players/managers/agents. I actually enjoyed the buying and selling of players part more than matchday action :p