• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Any Soda Stream users out ther?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm thinking of getting a Sodastream to put some fizz(ie CO2) into my water to get sparkling water.

I've heard that depending on where you buy the unit, the connecting nozzle between the tank & dispenser will vary. This is how they control the market.

The Sodastream units sold in the Aussie/NZ market is different from the units sold in Spore. Anyone knows if the units sold in Spore have the same nozzle as the ones you find in the US?

The highest cost will be the cost of a replacement tank of CO2. It's actually cheaper to use gas that are sold by those supplying the micro brewery hobbyist. So I'm looking at getting the necessary plumbing adaptors.

So does anyone know if the Sodastream units sold in Spore are the same as the units sold in the US?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First time I hear of this thing called sodastream. SO its basically carbonated water?

In Thailand soda water is very popular as a mixer for whisky and also syrup. Like the poorer people who wanna save money instead of buying Coke or Pepsi they buy red or green syrup and mix with soda water.

[video=youtube;9bZTUhKR0fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZTUhKR0fg[/video]

This is like the top fav soda water in Thailand selling at 7-Eleven for 8 baht or 30 cents

363633337253.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First time I hear of this thing called sodastream. SO its basically carbonated water? .....

Yes, it's nothing but carbonated water.

If you have been to Europe & purchased the water there you will often get carbonated water. It's called sparkling water by the Yankees. :smile:

It is a simple device that will put CO2 into any liquid. You can add fizz to plain water to get sparkling water, or use it to make your own pop. Sodastream also sells various drink mix concentrates to make their version of coke, ginger beer, lemonade, .....etc.

You can do that by using bottled soda water but it is more convenient to use a device like sodastream. It's cheaper to use the Sodastream device but to get the gas(co2) from a 3rd party like a Micobrewery Supply store, bar supply store, ....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i drink more water if it's carbonated. the gas helps with downing the meal, and it also helps me pass gas. instead of drinking a san pellegrino which cost $1.69 a bottle i now drink more carbonated water, especially when it's chilled. shiok.

IMG_0154.JPG

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes, it's nothing but carbonated water.

If you have been to Europe & purchased the water there you will often get carbonated water. It's called sparkling water by the Yankees. :smile:

It is a simple device that will put CO2 into any liquid. You can add fizz to plain water to get sparkling water, or use it to make your own pop. Sodastream also sells various drink mix concentrates to make their version of coke, ginger beer, lemonade, .....etc.

You can do that by using bottled soda water but it is more convenient to use a device like sodastream. It's cheaper to use the Sodastream device but to get the gas(co2) from a 3rd party like a Micobrewery Supply store, bar supply store, ....

I see. Do you like carbonated water? For me I prefer to have plain uncarbonated unless its a mixer. Even when I go western restaurants always order plain unless partner want they can have what they want while I'm happy with plain.

I find it strange to plain drink water with gas. By the way every morning when I arrive in the office the office maid will get me a glass of Thai lime with gas water. Not that I like this drink (without some gin or whiskey) but she insist its good for health. Just like now I just arrived in the office and this is what I get (the bottles and lime is just for show as I only get the glass)

sU0glHH.jpg

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. Do you like carbonated water? For me I prefer to have plain uncarbonated unless its a mixer. Even when I go western restaurants always order plain unless partner want they can have what they want while I'm happy with plain.

I find it strange to plain drink water with gas. By the way every morning when I arrive in the office the office maid will get me a glass of Thai lime with gas water. Not that I like this drink (without some gin or whiskey) but she insist its good for health. Just like now I just arrived in the office and this is what I get (the bottles and lime is just for show as I only get the glass)

Many smokers take this drink to clear their throat.
So u smoke?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see. Do you like carbonated water? .....

I'm trying to eliminate all sugars from my diet & I find that adding gas to drinks makes it more tasty & palatable without the sugars.

Many people do like fizzy drinks e.g. Coke, Pepsi, .... In Indonesia they have a drink called soda gembira which is a mixture of condense milk, coco Pandan syrup, & soda water. If you take the fizz out, I find that these drinks are flat & not as nice.

If you mix your own you can leave out the preservatives & control the amount of sugars, or use a sugar alternative like stevia, honey, .... I want to experiment by adding gas to juices like lemon, lime, ... etc

Even adding gas to tea gives it a different taste.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
need to add carbonated water to juice. never tried direct carbonation of juice. it will most likely turn out yucky.

Isn't using carbonated water the same as adding Co2 to a drink?

With the Soda stream devices you have some control of the amount of Co2 you add to a liquid. It is also more earth friendly as you do not have to use so many bottles, just a tank of gas.