• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any faster method to heal Achilles tendinitis other than Rest?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ice the Achilles every night..roll your heel on a tennis ball after that..do glute stretches..in the mean time take break for couple of days..trust that u are not overweight?
Nope I am not. Did a mild 2 km swim followed by gym workout. The niggling pain came back during my warm down on the treadmill. So I had to call it a day...:(

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The herb Cissus quadrangularis may (in most cases) help accelerate the healing of tendon, ligament or joint injuries.

Many different brands (eg. USP Lab's Super Cissus RX) sell extracts of this herb in pill form.

You can google out the customer reviews for the various Cissus brands, and compare customer satisfaction of each brand for different types of tendon, ligament or joint injuries.

From personal experience, injuries of this nature which would normally take weeks / months to heal, is shortened to days / weeks.

Of course, together with absolute rest of the injured area (eg. use a 4 legged walker in the meantime for foot / knee injuries, can buy from Guardian / NTUC / Watsons pharmacy ; I personally innovated the use of the 4 legged walker to do dips, which trains the deltoids, triceps and chest 10x more effectively than push ups).

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
My right Achilles feels painful this morning as I took my first step out of bed.

FUG...I need to recover fast so that my fitness run and swim regime isn't affected. Fast as in by tomorrow or at least by Tuesday!......

Any idea how to recover faster?

fren: dun mean to splash water... there's no permanent remedy to this condition.. it's the aggressive jogging that brings you here now

at your age now, both your feet, knees can no longer can take the stress of your weight

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
fren: dun mean to splash water... there's no permanent remedy to this condition.. it's the aggressive jogging that brings you here now

at your age now, both your feet, knees can no longer can take the stress of your weight

lau kau, i think rotiprata is right, at our age we really have to tone down so as not to wear out our body parts...
esp the knees, i used to run from clementi to changi airport regularly
now just can walk 5km every other day.....have to accept the inevitable
its good to exercise but dont get too addicted to adrenline, slow down and smell the flowers

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The herb Cissus quadrangularis may (in most cases) help accelerate the healing of tendon, ligament or joint injuries.

Many different brands (eg. USP Lab's Super Cissus RX) sell extracts of this herb in pill form.

You can google out the customer reviews for the various Cissus brands, and compare customer satisfaction of each brand for different types of tendon, ligament or joint injuries.

From personal experience, injuries of this nature which would normally take weeks / months to heal, is shortened to days / weeks.

Of course, together with absolute rest of the injured area (eg. use a 4 legged walker in the meantime for foot / knee injuries, can buy from Guardian / NTUC / Watsons pharmacy ; I personally innovated the use of the 4 legged walker to do dips, which trains the deltoids, triceps and chest 10x more effectively than push ups).
Will go search for it later...Ummmm....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

lau kau, i think rotiprata is right, at our age we really have to tone down so as not to wear out our body parts...
esp the knees, i used to run from clementi to changi airport regularly
now just can walk 5km every other day.....have to accept the inevitable
its good to exercise but dont get too addicted to adrenline, slow down and smell the flowers
Worse case scenario I change my running to 5km swim x 4 times a week, given that swimming is low impact workout. Need to maintain a good body for my atb...Lol :biggrin:

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
My right Achilles feels painful this morning as I took my first step out of bed.

FUG...I need to recover fast so that my fitness run and swim regime isn't affected. Fast as in by tomorrow or at least by Tuesday!

Read the net and it seems minimum 3 o 6 weeks off exercise! I cannot afford this time.

It isn't swelling, just a niggling pulling pain when I walk. I put on ankle compression this morning. It feels better now but still, a little niggling pain when I walk.

I guess I have to resort to painkillers if it doesn't get well by tomorrow..

Any idea how to recover faster?

3 to 6 weeks ?

It will take at least 3 to 6 months to fully recover. And it may return once you resume exercise so be mentally prepared.

Listen to your body & rest. Stubborn only die faster.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
inflammation of achilles tendon requires at least 6.9 months to heal. don't aggravate it by sexercise that places unnecessary weight and strain on it. best is to sit down on orsim "black heart" chair and get atb to suck your cock.:ninja:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i used to run from clementi to changi airport regularly
:eek:
Wow! I'm very impressed!
bow-gif.40441

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

:eek:
Wow! Twelve? Even though you're already in your early fifties, you're still strong!
bow-gif.40441
Left at most 20 years max of my life if no sudden death or cancer. So planning to live it to fullest in happiness and sexercise and exercise. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
inflammation of achilles tendon requires at least 6.9 months to heal. don't aggravate it by sexercise that places unnecessary weight and strain on it. best is to sit down on orsim "black heart" chair and get atb to suck your cock.:ninja:
Lol :biggrin: I am not a bully. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
3 to 6 weeks ?

It will take at least 3 to 6 months to fully recover. And it may return once you resume exercise so be mentally prepared.

Listen to your body & rest. Stubborn only die faster.
It's feeling better today. I shall do a 3km swim today to test out my kick...:biggrin:
But you are right, I am stubborn and I hate seeing doctors. Really hate to waste my time at clinics. :biggrin:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worse case scenario I change my running to 5km swim x 4 times a week, given that swimming is low impact workout. Need to maintain a good body for my atb...Lol :biggrin:

lau-kow, to check ur body physical condition, just try out 2 simple tasks....
i) do a kung fu horse stance (with ur back up against the wall)… see how long u can last u at this position..
ii) take a deep breadth... see how long you hold it...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
lau-kow, to check ur body physical condition, just try out 2 simple tasks....
i) do a kung fu horse stance (with ur back up against the wall)… see how long u can last u at this position..
ii) take a deep breadth... see how long you hold it...
Tom Ba Lek Handstand against wall no problem. I do it all the time... Can hold 1 min or so.. :biggrin: