• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any faster method to heal Achilles tendinitis other than Rest?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
My right Achilles feels painful this morning as I took my first step out of bed.

FUG...I need to recover fast so that my fitness run and swim regime isn't affected. Fast as in by tomorrow or at least by Tuesday!

Read the net and it seems minimum 3 o 6 weeks off exercise! I cannot afford this time.

It isn't swelling, just a niggling pulling pain when I walk. I put on ankle compression this morning. It feels better now but still, a little niggling pain when I walk.

I guess I have to resort to painkillers if it doesn't get well by tomorrow..

Any idea how to recover faster?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try to stimulate blood flow to the injured part. Some body areas just heal slower because not much blood flows there. Bo bian.. when I had plancitis my friend recommended stepping on a golf ball. Pain like fuck

Have you checked out ultra sound therapy? it was another alternative recommended

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Try to stimulate blood flow to the injured part. Some body areas just heal slower because not much blood flows there. Bo bian.. when I had plancitis my friend recommended stepping on a golf ball. Pain like fuck

Have you checked out ultra sound therapy? it was another alternative recommended
Haven't seen a doc. You know what they will say. "Rest". Waste my time seeing them though my medical is free. Just wondering is there a better method...Search the net and it's seems it all says the same. No exercise, just rest. :(

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah meng, try bare foot run method. doesnt mean need bare foot, land with fore or mid foot running method. i help my knee cap problem. can try out. but initial part your calf muscles feel quite sore, wish speedy recover

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, you can buy kefentech plaster (available at Polyclinic pharmacy or watsons). Polyclinic is cheaper.

It will help to relieve the pain.

kefentech1.jpg

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read about this method before.. but I think the body has to lean forward during running. wouldn't that become a sprinting posture? shag leh
It wont bro, u can maintain upright posture but due to the nature effect from the mid/front foot landing, your upper body will automatic lean forward a little bit, dont need bend purposely to suit the landing. "barefoot" running style is a real deal and very old way of running. if you notice, barefoot "wind" have die off actually due to killing of the major shoe industrial. if all ( or mostly) leg issues settled by this method of running, many convention shoe and even medicine industrial can lose off a big piece of cheese $$$

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It wont bro, u can maintain upright posture but due to the nature effect from the mid/front foot landing, your upper body will automatic lean forward a little bit, dont need bend purposely to suit the landing. "barefoot" running style is a real deal and very old way of running. if you notice, barefoot "wind" have die off actually due to killing of the major shoe industrial. if all ( or mostly) leg issues settled by this method of running, many convention shoe and even medicine industrial can lose off a big piece of cheese $$$
If run leaning forward it will stress the calves which may not be good for Achilles tendon injury.
I dunno.. not a long/middle distance runner. I only do shuttle sprints for my outdoor HIIT class and football. And injury management is vital for old fat fucks like us trying to keep fit :thumbsup:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
My right Achilles feels painful this morning as I took my first step out of bed.

FUG...I need to recover fast so that my fitness run and swim regime isn't affected. Fast as in by tomorrow or at least by Tuesday!

Read the net and it seems minimum 3 o 6 weeks off exercise! I cannot afford this time.

It isn't swelling, just a niggling pulling pain when I walk. I put on ankle compression this morning. It feels better now but still, a little niggling pain when I walk.

I guess I have to resort to painkillers if it doesn't get well by tomorrow..

Any idea how to recover faster?
In my humble opinion, I think this is a sign that you should reduce the intensity of your "fitness run and swim regime".
sweatingbullets-gif.40503

If I were you, I would refrain from running and swimming for at least one week; and replace them with upper-body exercises, such as:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_(exercise)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunch_(exercise)
youtube.com/user/scooby1961/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid
in order to burn your calories:
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

youtube.com/watch?v=TKg_cdwq9l4

Believe it or not, I usually do at least twelve or thirteen pull-ups before letting go of the bar nearly everyday (or every other day); and it's been many years since I last swam or ran!

May I ask, when was the last time you did a pull-up and how many did you do before letting go of the bar?

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
May I ask, when was the last time you did a pull-up and how many did you do before letting go of the bar?
Around 12. Not daily but at least 3 times a week :biggrin:
Slept with my ankle compression on, it does feel better today.
Later today I shall test this right foot at the gym! :biggrin: