• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any engineer here?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.limrichard.com/arc1984-1996/arch_c3-250296.htm

Sunday, Feb 25, 1996
The Sunday Times, Page 4

SHE was the prettiest girl in the line and l was her supervisor. I made the mistake of taking her out.

Line supervisors and their girls worked three rotating shifts, each lasting two weeks: the morning shift, from 7am to 3 pm- the swing shift from 3-11 pm, and the graveyard shift from 11 pm to 7 am.

The factory, National Semiconductor, was in Lower Delta Road. Most of the Chinese and Indian girls lived in the one- and two-room HDB blocks in neighbouring Bukit Merah and Tiong Bahru, and the Malay girls mainly in the kampungs tucked away in various pockets along Alexandra Road and Kampung Bahru, under Mount Faber.
I do recall the end of the 3pm shift when the Parade began. The sun was not too harsh and showed the girls in the best light. There were hundreds of them streaming out. The Malay girls would head south towards Telok Blangah, Radin Mas, Pasir Panjang and Pandan. Many were "Island Girls" tanned with great bodies and legs. Island girls originated from the Southern Islands such as Pulau Brani, Blakang Mati (now Sentosa) but had been relocated to the new Housing estate of Telok Blangah. You could pick the Island Girls as they were confident, a tad taller and had well proportioned body and legs. The "experts" concluded that it was due to island envionment where swimming, diving , and climbing coconut trees on a daily basis sculpted a great body.

These girls could outsmoke you, out stare you and the best part was that they knew they were been watched. They usually walked in groups numberiung from 3 to 6. The leader of each pack had the shortest skirt but the "experts" were tied on whether it was the body that raised the skirt or if it was intentionally shortened. But all agreed that they deserved the leadership status. No one had the gall to call up National Semi to find out how uniform tailoring was done.

The girls in purple seldom made the catwalk elite but they were a nice bunch. You could tell they were smarter as well.

When the paraded ended, we all thanked God for his gift as we knew there was no other part of Singapore where the "Island" Girls worked. I believed in religion then.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
That wasn't the real NatSemi anymore. That was after it acquired Fairchild and moved from Lower Delta Road to the Fairchild Toa Payoh plant which happens to be right next to the HDB block where I'm renting a room. :p

tat muz b eons ago cos i live in toa payoh since childhood and early adult.:biggrin:

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd Engineers Joke:

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body.

One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints."

Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."

The last said, "Actually it was a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?''

Hahaha. You see I am a CIVIL Engineer. :p

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plumbing is mechanical but Sewer is Civil. Like small shit is mechanical but Big shit is Civil. :p