• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anton incident is the result of Sinkees fear of criticizing PAP

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observing from Anton Casey new refugee home in Perth,

I wonder why Singaporeans are so sensitive and unsecured over themselves.
If Singaporeans are so confident and proud of themselves as superior people, they would have brush this Angmo outbursts aside and pity him.

Imagine, he was living eating sleeping in Singapore and screw a Singapore wife that result in a Singapore boy - who will serve NS if not for for health defects.

He pay tax, e s p on his Porsche. So I thought Singaporeans will brush him off as siao.

This is what Perth people will do if he start whining about Perth. Of course, some marginalized Perth people will ask him to fuck off back to the UK. But majority will not, because Perth is a fantastic place to live in.

Is it right to think that Singaporeans are marginalized by PAP because the leaders are not listening and command a lot of uncompromising power.

This reaction is a caged animal response to threats.

Remember, a confident and proud people will not resort to this outcome of chasing Anton. His family is innocent.

Anton is welcome to set up Crossinvest (Australia). Perth is in the same time zone as Singapore. :biggrin:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/brit...fter-poor-remark/story-e6frfm1i-1226810500317

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not proud of Singapore, and going by the recent signs, not really confident of the future of this country.

But it sure feels good to put a pompous rich expat asshole in his place. :cool:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a symptom not the cause. The cause may well be the frustration, stress that Singaporean had with the pap. Anton was just unlucky enough to be the target.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not proud of Singapore, and going by the recent signs, not really confident of the future of this country.

But it sure feels good to put a pompous rich expat asshole in his place. :cool:

Singapore - with a modern public transport system - is one of the world's wealthiest societies, with a per-capita gross domestic product of SG$65,048 ($58,250) in 2012.

I can assure you that Western Australians are envious of Singapore and its success.
Record number of WA people visit Singapore last year.

What Singapore think of JApan is how WA people think of Singapore.
People here still have fond memories of Singapore university students, e s p from the 1990s.

But this latest Singapore behavior give an uneasy feeling. Singapore is not Bali.

The punishment does not fit the "crime". This dumb Brit has apologized. Let him off.
Pity this poor Brit who has to irk out a living in Singapore.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This Anton What's His Name saga
Is nothing but another episode
In Story of the Sinkie Ah Beng
Ahmad, Muthu or whatever

Spiritual victory in Ah Beng's book
Will our protagonist meet the same end
As that unfortunate peasant Ah Q
Don't know but the signs are not good

From Wiki:

The story traces the "adventures" of Ah Q, a man from the rural peasant class with little education and no definite occupation. Ah Q is famous for "spiritual victories", Lu Xun's euphemism for self-talk and self-deception even when faced with extreme defeat or humiliation. Ah Q is a bully to the less fortunate but fearful of those who are above him in rank, strength, or power. He persuades himself mentally that he is spiritually "superior" to his oppressors even as he succumbs to their tyranny and suppression. Lu Xun exposes Ah Q's extreme faults as symptomatic of the Chinese national character of his time. The ending of the piece – when Ah Q is carted off to execution for a minor crime – is equally poignant and satirical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Story_of_Ah_Q

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's a symptom not the cause. The cause may well be the frustration, stress that Singaporean had with the pap. Anton was just unlucky enough to be the target.

Agree that it was a backlash over the unhappiness and anger against the PAP and not 100% against Anton. He was the catalyst that triggered the mounting anger (I don't agree it was fear of the PAP) the citizens have on the increasing influx of foreigners and the accommodating attitude of the PAP government towards their anti-social behaviour and acts. The recent Little India riot for instance and the punishment awarded was less than what Singaporeans wanted. There has been a lot of dissatisfaction and resentment and this outward show of public anger against Anton is something I think the government understands, I hope they do, for Shanmugam's public comments was something not expected.

Anton's public lynching may pacify the people for the time being, but any future incident by a foreigner here, may result in another furor. The PAP government need to sit back and reflect on this and decide what needs to be done for the good of the country.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I think you're right....
Not every sinkie baying for Anton's blood is poor and marginalized.
Anton is the face of the trash that vile pappies are importing....
It's true in most cases we should not shoot the messenger...but hey when dealing with pappies, you use what you can get....
As for his family....they are fair game because this is what we learnt from cul de sac old fart.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why run to Perth? I was told in the 90's it was a place where one sought refuge to vegetate.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with bro neddy on this issue. :smile:

To me, this whole fiasco is a hugh witch hunt. People are channeling their frustrations over the wrong, real reason. It's akin to seeing a hugh group of lemmings walking straight to the oblivious.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wanker obviously touched a nerve with his comments. There was perhaps more truth than it than the joke he thought he was making.

While prices here have skyrocketed wages have been stuck at the same old levels....so people do feel less prosperous than before. Also mrt does feel like a cattle train compared to the past.

The wanker also failed to understand the basic concept of face in Asia....delivering a public slap to the entire country.

I would be happy if this incident forces some reflection in the powers that be.

There was a time when it was not easy to get a job in Singapore for a foreigner. So when they succeeded it actually meant something. It meant you were actually the cream of your country because Singapore had pretty high standards for getting a job and living here. Nowadays it's open house and some parts of the country are starting to look like a slum.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are more ways to skin the cat and Singaporeans are finding alternative ways to vent their anger. And another saying, "White cat, black cat as long as it catches the mouse.'

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are more ways to skin the cat and Singaporeans are finding alternative ways to vent their anger. And another saying, "White cat, black cat as long as it catches the mouse.'

Hear hear as long as got pent up frustrations is good thing...
Sooner or later will unlease onto vile pappies....huat ah!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not fear.
Rather it is a case of where you cannot hit the master, hit his dog.
Anton is but a lightning rod for extreme displeasure against PAP's FT policy, which they have enhanced again and yet again and seem immune to criticisms.
The people venting anger here are not exactly poor - they represent the poor, unofficially.
Yes, PM Lee is right - the internet is for unhappy people. But only in the sense that their unhappiness is with its policies.
Long live this anger and venting.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why run to Perth? I was told in the 90's it was a place where one sought refuge to vegetate.

The place is trying to shake off the Dullville image. It is hard to imagine that just over 30 years ago, it is just a backwater refueling station for remote mining towns.

Today, Western Australia is the economic driving force of Australia. There is still a balance of work - leisure/family life.

Perth starts from a low base.
New developments reminds me of Singapore during its boom.

330841-50b91264-57c0-11e3-8974-69a7d7a3124c.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...omic-performance/story-e6frflo9-1226805464388

eqbridgeAArticle-wide-729-620x349.jpg

A city playing catching up with the eastern states cousins.

http://getthebiggerpicture.wa.gov.au/perth-city-link/

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not fear.
Rather it is a case of where you cannot hit the master, hit his dog.
Anton is but a lightning rod for extreme displeasure against PAP's FT policy, which they have enhanced again and yet again and seem immune to criticisms.
The people venting anger here are not exactly poor - they represent the poor, unofficially.
Yes, PM Lee is right - the internet is for unhappy people. But only in the sense that their unhappiness is with its policies.
Long live this anger and venting.

Good to have Internet as a vent to release frustrations and anger.
Otherwise, built up anger will explode one day on PAP members, which is worse - because PAP do not allow an alternative government to exist. IT people used the word, Backup system. Hahaha
No backup, Singapore go down with PAP. Better let foreigner run road than PAP.

I find this a rather unusual behavior of Singaporeans. Singaporeans are not poor by Asian standard, why pick on other 'rich' people, e s p foreigners who are contributing to making Singapore the Switzerland (Zurich) of Asia.
The banking sector is better than Switzerland.

I think foreigners became the punch bags for the high pressure society. Aussie expats have to be careful.( They are racist and careless with words.)

This is how I explained to my angmo friends at the Australia Day BBQ last night.
Singapore is a favorite destination for Perth's rich and their kids.
The country is considered as a safe place.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The punishment does not fit the "crime". This dumb Brit has apologized. Let him off.
Pity this poor Brit who has to irk out a living in Singapore.

What punishment? He has yet to be punished.

It is just public pressure that made him run road. He should have made amends. He offered a lame apology and then sinkees found out that it was not his disdain for locals is not one-off but the latest of his public sneering of sinkees.

To make amends, he should make a public donation of $1 million to a charity in sinkapore.

But I doubt he will do it. He will find himself comfortable in Australia as there are many who share his disdain for Asians.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
What punishment? He has yet to be punished.

It is just public pressure that made him run road. He should have made amends. He offered a lame apology and then sinkees found out that it was not his disdain for locals is not one-off but the latest of his public sneering of sinkees.

To make amends, he should make a public donation of $1 million to a charity in sinkapore.

But I doubt he will do it. He will find himself comfortable in Australia as there are many who share his disdain for Asians.

All the while, his SPG wife will cheer him on.....