• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another PAP way to suck money?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senior civil servants out to please their political masters have always devised new schemes to increase Govt coffers. While utility rates, COE, ERP, road tax and car park charges are the most visible ones, there are other schemes that quietly siphons a citizen. Take for instance the life span of a passport. It used to be 10 years. But now it is only 5 years and costs $70, whereas in the past it used to be $30/-.(Correct me if I am wrong. I stand corrected.) Besides the number of pages have also shrunk. I am sure the genius behind this would have received promotions, overseas trips and other perks.

The other scheme is collection of toll for using the old causeway. It was built by the British decades ago and usage was free. However, when the Tuas 2nd link was built, toll charges were implemented for this aged causeway.