• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another lesson PAP must learn hor! Accountability is the Language of Successful Leaders

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame-game-768x768.jpg

Every time I hear the word “accountability,” it pushes one of my biggest buttons. First, because I hate everything that goes along with not being accountable, such as blame, excuses, irresponsibility, unreliability, and untrustworthiness. However, the second, and probably worst thing about people and organizations that aren’t accountable is that without accountability, there’s no growth, no learning, and no improvement, but somehow they just don’t see it.

There’s one particular organization I frequent as a customer that is the poster child for lack of accountability. The leader doesn’t speak the language of accountability and he doesn’t require his staff to either. As a result, the organization languishes in mediocrity, the same mistakes and missteps happen over and over, and worst of all, since lives are on the line based on the work the organization does, those they’re charged to protect and care for suffer from their lack of willingness to improve.

For any person or organization to be successful, they’ve got to stop speaking the language of blame and excuses and start speaking the language of accountability, and it starts with the organization’s leadership.

http://www.amy-castro.com/accountability-and-success/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When something is not working the PAP knows exactly who is accountable. It's the electorate.

However what compounds the issues is that the electorate refuse to accept the blame and keep trying pin all their problems on the ruling party.

Once sinkies acknowledge their complicity and take ownership of the problems which are of their own doing then Singapore will be able to start moving forward as a nation.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When something is not working the PAP knows exactly who is accountable. It's the electorate.

However what compounds the issues is that the electorate refuse to accept the blame and keep trying pin all their problems on the ruling party.

Once sinkies acknowledge their complicity and take ownership of the problems which are of their own doing then Singapore will be able to start moving forward as a nation.
I agree u get the government u vote for,stop blaming the ruling party for ur problems,accept the blame and vote wisely next time.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"...without accountability, there’s no growth, no learning, and no improvement, but somehow they just don’t see it.... "

Using 'no' is too strong a quantifier, especially within a blanket statement encompassing 3 'subjective variables. Regardless of whether it's 'no', 'some' or 'minimal'. accountability should and must always be there. Authority and power owing to a claim of 'people-given MANDATE' breed complacency and a total disregard for the need to account. "Ren zai zuo, tien zai kan" or "ren min zai kan"?