• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another iPhone 4 explodes in Brazil

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Second iPhone 'explodes' in a week

04:46 AM Dec 03, 2011
LONDON - A second iPhone 4 has reportedly exploded in the second such incident in less than a week.

In the latest mishap, which happened in Brazil on Wednesday morning, the Apple smartphone short-circuited and started to burn about 40cm from a man's face as he slept, the online news website Mashable reported.

Mr Ayla Mota said he woke up to see sparks and black smoke coming from the iPhone 4, which he plugged in for an overnight charge.

"At dawn, I woke up seconds before witnessing the burning of my iPhone when I saw a lot of sparks and black smoke out of the cell," Mr Mota told Portuguese-language tech blog TechTudo.

"My room was full with an unbearable smell of smoke! At that moment, I turned off the power switch in the room to remove the phone from the outlet."

Mr Mota said he was unharmed.

The incident came a day after the Australian aviation authorities launched an investigation after an iPhone caught fire aboard a flight to Sydney on Nov 25.

Domestic airline Regional Express Airlines said a passenger's phone glowed red and emitted "thick smoke" after the plane landed in Sydney. A flight attendant extinguished the fire and no one was hurt.

The case is being investigated by the aviation watchdog, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which described it as an incident involving "fumes, smoke, fire". The authority is examining the phone after it was delivered by the airline.

An Apple spokesman said the company looked "forward to working with officials".

Though aviation officials said it was the first known incident involving an iPhone, Apple has previously had problems with the first generation of iPod nanos.

A batch of the devices, sold between 2005 and 2006, were recalled amid concerns a defect with the battery was causing overheating. The Daily Telegraph