• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another cyclist killed by 36 yr old PRC truck driver

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
if not prc, must be bangla driver.

anyway, is the cyclist those kuai lan ang moh in their skintight colourful outfits and overpriced road bikes? if it is, karma, cock driver meets cock cyclist.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a cyclist in Singapore, I had some close calls. It is dangerous out there on Singapore roads as we have lots of bad drivers.

talk about bad drivers. That day I was cycling leisurely on pavement of paya lebar road at around 6pm, about to cross the zebra crossing. An empty bus was about 50 to 70m away from the zebra crossing. He saw me, and just flashed his headlights and continued at high speed over the zebra crossing.

If it was someone else who assumed that any vehicle should stop for pedestrians at zebra crossings, he would be killed in this instance, as the bus driver simply did not bother to slow down and would not have sufficient time to brake given the bus size and speed.

I only have such bad experience as a pedestrian in Beijing, whereby the cars don't stop at traffic junction for pedestrians even if the cars are supposed to. 20 years ago I hardly see such bad drivers in Singapore. Now I see a lot of such reckless behaviours on Singapore roads. The China driving habits has definitely migrated into Singapore.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
talk about bad drivers. That day I was cycling leisurely on pavement of paya lebar road at around 6pm, about to cross the zebra crossing. An empty bus was about 50 to 70m away from the zebra crossing. He saw me, and just flashed his headlights and continued at high speed over the zebra crossing.

If it was someone else who assumed that any vehicle should stop for pedestrians at zebra crossings, he would be killed in this instance, as the bus driver simply did not bother to slow down and would not have sufficient time to brake given the bus size and speed.

I only have such bad experience as a pedestrian in Beijing, whereby the cars don't stop at traffic junction for pedestrians even if the cars are supposed to. 20 years ago I hardly see such bad drivers in Singapore. Now I see a lot of such reckless behaviours on Singapore roads. The China driving habits has definitely migrated into Singapore.

One time I was crossing with the green man flashing, when an impatient taxi driver wanted to turn. He saw me and brake almost causing a major accident as there was an incoming car with the right of way coming quite fast towards him. He had to brake hard to avoid hitting the taxi which stopped in his path.

I gave the taxi driver a finger and he was gesturing apologetically.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists on S'pore roads are an incompatible concept. Years ago, the govt was not sympathetic to cyclists.

The change in its attitude, to one where it now keeps saying cyclists should co-exist with other road users, coincided with the influx of FTs.

I'm not surprised that many people failed to notice this coincidence of events.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists on S'pore roads are an incompatible concept. Years ago, the govt was not sympathetic to cyclists.

The change in its attitude, to one where it now keeps saying cyclists should co-exist with other road users, coincided with the influx of FTs.

I'm not surprised that many people failed to notice this coincidence of events.

PAP has never been sympathetic to cyclists and pedestrians. Many killer drivers got off with a small fine, while small time drug couriers got hanged.

Errant drivers should be fined according to their annual income and/or make of car, plus long jail terms. Current law has little deterrant effect on rich men, inclucing PAP lackeys

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
let's see why this sinkie dies.

sinkie dies cause by PRC

PRC presence is caused by PAP govt who need more citizens to vote them and bring up GDP bullshit.

PAP govt need more citizen as it likes it because sinkie dun dare to protest for their rights and against policies

sinkie dun dare this and that is caused by their cowardice and ball-lessness. ( it can be argued that the ball-lessness and brainless rule-following is caused by the controlled media and sinkie education)

so in conclusion, the sinkies own ball-less ness and cowardice caused their own death.

The Moral of the Story: Sinkies deserve all the shit they get.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has never been sympathetic to cyclists and pedestrians. Many killer drivers got off with a small fine, while small time drug couriers got hanged.

Errant drivers should be fined according to their annual income and/or make of car, plus long jail terms. Current law has little deterrant effect on rich men, inclucing PAP lackeys

You and I can agree to disagree on this. The issue here are cyclists, not drug couriers. Trying to make links is not useful.

Your response only reinforces my view that many people have not noticed the change in govt attitude. On any single day you can see hundreds of cyclists on the roads oblivious to traffic rules and breaking every rule in the book. (The very few that stop at redlight junctions are the exception, not the rule.) When this is mentioned to them, they respond that motorists break traffic rules too. The difference is that traffic rules are designed to penalise motorists, not cyclists. Hundreds of motorists are booked for traffic offences every day. But you hardly hear of cyclists getting book for offences, except when a special operation is held in such a place like Geylang once in a blue moon.

Cyclists getting injured or killed on Singapore roads is a situation which they largely bring on to themselves. To reiterate: cyclists on Singapore roads are an incompatible concept. But it seems that they are now tolerated, if not encouraged, due to the influx of FTs.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You and I can agree to disagree on this. The issue here are cyclists, not drug couriers. Trying to make links is not useful.
The link is to compare the severity of punishment for both types of "killers". This is not some abstract quantum theory.

Tougher laws has to be imposed on car drivers simply because they are driving a machine that can easily kill. This is one of basic foundations of law and punishment.

Go ask traffic police how many cyclists and pedestrians got killed because of bad drivers who are on phone, dash across red lights etc. There was even a gurkha killed on the pedestrian path because a car drove onto the pavement. Now, how many car drivers got killed because of cyclists and pedestrians? :rolleyes:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The link is to compare the severity of punishment for both types of "killers". This is not some abstract quantum theory.

Tougher laws has to be imposed on car drivers simply because they are driving a machine that can easily kill. This is one of basic foundations of law and punishment.

Go ask traffic police how many cyclists and pedestrians got killed because of bad drivers who are on phone, dash across red lights etc. There was even a gurkha killed on the pedestrian path because a car drove onto the pavement. Now, how many car drivers got killed because of cyclists and pedestrians? :rolleyes:

You raise things which are blindingly obvious. If cyclist makes contact with a motorised vehicle then the cyclist comes off far worse. That is why I said that cyclists on S'pore roads is an incompatible concept and that cyclists bring disaster on to themselves.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ban all cyclists from the roads la......
ban all heavy vehicles and motorcycles from expressways as well.....
restrict the hours that heavy vehicles can be on the roads also......
everyone will be better off this way

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
ban all cyclists from the roads la......
ban all heavy vehicles and motorcycles from expressways as well.....
restrict the hours that heavy vehicles can be on the roads also......
everyone will be better off this way

Roads should be reserved for the rich in their farlalees. Not too long ago, I was in taxi, then a BMW 7 series cut into in queue to enter highway. Taxi driver said BMW pay more taxes, so think that they own the road.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You raise things which are blindingly obvious. If cyclist makes contact with a motorised vehicle then the cyclist comes off far worse. That is why I said that cyclists on S'pore roads is an incompatible concept and that cyclists bring disaster on to themselves.

One day if a lorry crashed into your sedan car, I will also say your puny car is an incompatible concept. And I suppose you can use the same brainless concept on motorcyclists too.

Think before you write. It helps.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all cyclist: PLEASE RIDE DEFENSIVELY!

Remember your are on a bicycle not a Car.

Look after your own safety DON'T PRESUME vEHS LOOK OUT FOR YOU!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all cyclist: PLEASE RIDE DEFENSIVELY!

Remember your are on a bicycle not a Car.

Look after your own safety DON'T PRESUME vEHS LOOK OUT FOR YOU!

If they do have to get on the roads, then, yes, your advice is well said.

I was told of one accident some years ago of a racing cyclist riding his bike at night in the east coast area. He slammed into the back of a stationary trailer and died on the spot. Now, if he had kept his head up, instead of down - as is the tendency of racing cyclists - he could have spotted the trailer. Equally, a driver of a motorised vehicle with proper headlights would have spotted the trailer.

Accidents happen to various road users. But chances of a catastrophic accident happens disproportionately to those who are far more exposed to the elements.