• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Cheap Bastard

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS is clearly a poltical opportunist. Any ounce of decency left in him evaporates with this eulogy. He's officially a shameless political opportunist.

Actually, I think we got TJS wrong. I personally don't think he is a shameless political opportunist. In fact, I think he is really the "Ace in the Hole".

As some wise man had said before, never under estimate the enemy. I think we should give more credit to the PAP and particularly the brains behind it. Its ability to use all kinds of instruments in the open and behind the scene should never be under estimated. Therefore, it is unwise that we should be lulled into thinking that they will just dig in and fight in face to face. The likelihood is that they will think out of the box and try other means to bring down the opposition.

What better means than to inject in some credible figure into the opposition ranks to win over their trust. To sow discord, and to harden the position such that only the hardcore supporters will remain. In order to do this, they will have to find someone who is willing to undertake this task. This is by no means easy as the successful people will not want to have anything to do with such funny stuff. Unless, the successful person has fallen into less than stellar times? Someone like TJS, perhaps?

Well, I will not repeat TJS's "stellar" commercial successes since he left the civil service. There are already tomes and exposes written about it. My view is that he would be vulnerable to financial inducements if it is sufficient large. Which may be loose change in the context of those who manages these billion or is it trillion dollar funds.

Once his service is secured, the process of making TJS the candidate begins. The loose change is sufficient to get him to write his massive new economic blueprint to burnish his credentials and at the same time create "straw man" for the government to rebut.

Though the plan was for TJS to wreak havoc at a much later stage, the situation for PE2011, and the entry of TCB quickly altered the game plan. If one reads the Balding Blog at http://www.baldingsworld.com, it is clear that there is plenty to hide from an inquisitive President who is intend on performing his job. That was when the "ace in the hole" was used to draw 25% of the opposition away from TCB and allow KFC to win the election. It is this desperate move to salvage the PE that showed clearly the purpose behind TJS the candidate. Therefore, TJS is no mere opportunist, he is far worse than that!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't be so hard n judgemental on Jee Say my frens. He is just no more opportunity than Low Yaw etc

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like the way u think bro...the fact tat TJS was given the cert to run for president when even on the face of it he prolly sld not hv been certified in the first place seems to provide some credence to wat u say...

Actually, I think we got TJS wrong. I personally don't think he is a shameless political opportunist. In fact, I think he is really the "Ace in the Hole".

As some wise man had said before, never under estimate the enemy. I think we should give more credit to the PAP and particularly the brains behind it. Its ability to use all kinds of instruments in the open and behind the scene should never be under estimated. Therefore, it is unwise that we should be lulled into thinking that they will just dig in and fight in face to face. The likelihood is that they will think out of the box and try other means to bring down the opposition.

What better means than to inject in some credible figure into the opposition ranks to win over their trust. To sow discord, and to harden the position such that only the hardcore supporters will remain. In order to do this, they will have to find someone who is willing to undertake this task. This is by no means easy as the successful people will not want to have anything to do with such funny stuff. Unless, the successful person has fallen into less than stellar times? Someone like TJS, perhaps?

Well, I will not repeat TJS's "stellar" commercial successes since he left the civil service. There are already tomes and exposes written about it. My view is that he would be vulnerable to financial inducements if it is sufficient large. Which may be loose change in the context of those who manages these billion or is it trillion dollar funds.

Once his service is secured, the process of making TJS the candidate begins. The loose change is sufficient to get him to write his massive new economic blueprint to burnish his credentials and at the same time create "straw man" for the government to rebut.

Though the plan was for TJS to wreak havoc at a much later stage, the situation for PE2011, and the entry of TCB quickly altered the game plan. If one reads the Balding Blog at http://www.baldingsworld.com, it is clear that there is plenty to hide from an inquisitive President who is intend on performing his job. That was when the "ace in the hole" was used to draw 25% of the opposition away from TCB and allow KFC to win the election. It is this desperate move to salvage the PE that showed clearly the purpose behind TJS the candidate. Therefore, TJS is no mere opportunist, he is far worse than that!

BuriramUnitedFC

Alfrescian
Loyal
nonetheless TJS does not have to stoop so low. His supporters (not me) would obviously expect more from someone who claims to have his nation at heart

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This line of thought is getting credence by the day.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo!,

People I talked to in the establishment are also mystified. The qualification are very clear. A DS does not qualify. A CEO with no history of making profits also does not qualify. He actually ran the company to the ground. They could not unload it and liquidated it with no residual value.

Like the way u think bro...the fact tat TJS was given the cert to run for president when even on the face of it he prolly sld not hv been certified in the first place seems to provide some credence to wat u say...

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

You made some discerning points the most salient being the one of never under-estimating the PAP and the extent it will go to stay in power. Quite a number of people do believe Yaw SL was set up by the PAP using women to seduce him into sexual affairs as it's a very effective way to damage WP's fast-rising reputation and its support in Hougang. LKY had used all such dirty tactics in his grapple for power from the very beginning with the likes of Lim Chin Siong, Lim Hock Siew, Chia Thye Poh all poor victims. It's hardly surprising that he would use same dirty tactics again, in fact, it would come quite naturally to him. Another good example is the deep knowledge PAP has over WP's inner workings as TCH had demonstrated during its rallies for the Hougang BE. Many in fact are commenting that WP must be extra extra careful as the chinese saying goes "it's hard to safeguard against a thief that is staying in the house".

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
freedalas said:
You made some discerning points the most salient being the one of never under-estimating the PAP and the extent it will go to stay in power.

Yes, don't under-estimate the PAP. Most people will think that giving everyone a good salary that allows them to have a good living is what politicians should work for. This is just the Opposition thinking. For the ruling party, this will not bring in votes. The people being well-fed will go for liberal ideas and vote for SDP.

PAP's strategy is to put most people below the subsistence level on their salaries alone and then bring in things like housing subsidies, growth and share schemes to fill the gap. At the same time, keep drumming onto the people the vision of doom in the global situation. The bulk of the people will feel that their bad situation is unavoidable because of the global situation and not because of Govt policies and the Govt is there to save them with subsidies and rebates which they put into the CPF.

The question to ask is why the CPF? The thing you can do with the CPF if you need the money is for housing (for HDB housing for most people) and where do this money go to? Back to the Govt. Only the extremely deprieved will get the direct handout but that is small money. In the process the bulk of the people will thank the Govt with their votes for pulling them out of the rut.

I believe this is the fundamental strategy of the ruling party right from the start or at least very early on when the country had started to make some headway. One thing that adds complexity to this simple strategy is the FT strategy. Is this an inevitable and necessary thing because we need the tax income generated to offset losses in investments? We need people with the right access to find out.

Imagine an amount equivalent to 70% of our GDP has been invested in European banks and one by one such banks are being downgraded. Very scary isn't it? It loses me that what are essentially pension funds can be put on investments based on a contrarian mode of investment.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You made some discerning points the most salient being the one of never under-estimating the PAP and the extent it will go to stay in power. Quite a number of people do believe Yaw SL was set up by the PAP using women to seduce him into sexual affairs as it's a very effective way to damage WP's fast-rising reputation and its support in Hougang. LKY had used all such dirty tactics in his grapple for power from the very beginning with the likes of Lim Chin Siong, Lim Hock Siew, Chia Thye Poh all poor victims. It's hardly surprising that he would use same dirty tactics again, in fact, it would come quite naturally to him. Another good example is the deep knowledge PAP has over WP's inner workings as TCH had demonstrated during its rallies for the Hougang BE. Many in fact are commenting that WP must be extra extra careful as the chinese saying goes "it's hard to safeguard against a thief that is staying in the house".

You mean Tan Jee Say is a mole of the PAP?

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact that he got a COE was not surprising as the govt is well aware that anything less than a 4-corner fight will disadvantaged their preferred candidate.

Given the supposed "calibre" of TJS and the vitriol that he spewed about the government, his decision to contest seems very politically naive. If he is genuine in wanting to be a real voice, the logically decision would have been to play king-maker and announce his support to TCB on nomination day. This way, if TCB wins, no one will know whether he or TCB is more popular but would have given him full credit for the defeat of KFC. His standing for GE2016 would have been so much higher (plus he can also claim that he is eligible to stand as a presidential candidate, notwithstanding the fact that he is not qualified).

Why contest then, knowing a 4-corner fight will benefit the establishment as it splits the anti-establishment vote? If so many of us can see the issues so clearly, why would he choose to go on this route of destroying his own long term credentials?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If so many of us can see the issues so clearly, why would he choose to go on this route of destroying his own long term credentials?

back in PE11, me never once saw any reasons to vote for TJS, forward to the next GE, you folks gave me more reasons not to vote for this man :o:o:o

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
back in PE11, me never once saw any reasons to vote for TJS, forward to the next GE, you folks gave me more reasons not to vote for this man :o:o:o

Right at the PE11, he directly sabo-ed TKL and TCB, getting into their camps and understanding their strategies. Indirectly in the 4-corner fight took votes away from both of them. The only person he did not harm was KFC.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why contest then, knowing a 4-corner fight will benefit the establishment as it splits the anti-establishment vote? If so many of us can see the issues so clearly, why would he choose to go on this route of destroying his own long term credentials?

Ego lah. He personally felt like some kind of messiah without knowing about being a tool. Even Tan Kin Lian thought he was one and is partly guilty. Like the many people who fire at their backyard, such as Goh Meng Seng, Eric Tan, Jarrod Luo, Desmond Lim etc. don't realize they are indirectly used. To be frank many bros here didn't realize until after the result when the whole picture was laid out. I am amazed at how PAP's calculations worked out by a razor thin margin, otherwise TCB would be president. Very lucky they were.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would/could not rule out the possibility that TJS is part of a sinister move by the enemy. Whether he's is a tool or unconsciously helping the enemy, the reality is that his actions since GE2011 had become increasingly suspicious. And I guess that's most important, for our people to see clearly what kind of person he is.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still trying to figure who his "sponsor" or the person who is stroking his ego?

It will be interesting to see how Nicole and Jeanette will move where he is concerned.

Ego lah. He personally felt like some kind of messiah without knowing about being a tool. Even Tan Kin Lian thought he was one and is partly guilty. Like the many people who fire at their backyard, such as Goh Meng Seng, Eric Tan, Jarrod Luo, Desmond Lim etc. don't realize they are indirectly used. To be frank many bros here didn't realize until after the result when the whole picture was laid out. I am amazed at how PAP's calculations worked out by a razor thin margin, otherwise TCB would be president. Very lucky they were.