• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another book banned in Spore: Escape From Paradise

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. What you say is true of all such books. If Lee Kuan Yew asks me to write a book about him, the publishers would come running and the books would sell in quantity. Books about famous people and celebrities are the most successful. But, hey - there are plenty of "lesser mortals" in Escape from Paradise such as Singapore "stud muffin" lawyer Koh Tien Hua - a good guy, but still, at least for now, a "lesser" mortal.

The characters in Escape From Paradise are not about "lesser mortals" :smile:
If it were there wouldn't be so much interest in the book.

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No - I didn't bring my gun to Singapore to shoot my clients. Fire a gun once in Singapore - even into the ground, and the penalty is death by hanging. It was an antique rifle which I had purchased from a bedouin in the Saudi Arabian desert. Seriously, the real reason I brought the gun to Singapore was to get a license to convince you that I am really John Harding.

Hmmm. Now what was an IT consultant doing buying a gun in the lonely desert of Saudi Arabia? Esh hatha, sadiqqi?

How come IT consultant can bring gun in to singapore? To shoot your clients?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmmm. Now what was an IT consultant doing buying a gun in the lonely desert of Saudi Arabia? Esh hatha, sadiqqi?

To shoot yourself when you run out of drinking water?

and I'm presuming this was back in the day when you didn't have Man vs Wild on Discovery channel :biggrin:

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Escape from Paradise has never been banned in Singapore. The books problems were created by the malicious actions of Helen Yeo and Yeo Cheow Tong. Here is the letter from Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) proving that Escape from Paradise was never banned in Singapore.

We send our sincere thanks to MDA for this clarification.

To: "John Harding" <[email protected]>

Date: 19 May 2011 09:23:42 +0800

Subject:[F11016729] Content & Standards- Publications Content CRM:0085067

Dear John Harding,

I refer to your query on the book "Escape from Paradise". Publications are self regulated by the industry, with importers referring them to the MDA when they are in doubt. "Escape from Paradise" has not been submitted to the MDA.

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this email.

Kindly click here to rate this feedback, to better understand your needs.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Gunavathy KUMARASSAMY

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
likewise, Once a Jolly Hangman was not banned, it is just not available for sale. Banned or not avaliable for sale - a mere play of words.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The book is out of stock in Amazon. Where else can get it?

Thanks. Yes, Yeo and his wife are down in the dumps. Even so, I will continue to stomp on them hard. Let them continue to feel the pain, which started way back in 2002 and shall continue...

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
likewise, Once a Jolly Hangman was not banned, it is just not available for sale. Banned or not avaliable for sale - a mere play of words.

Not really. I don't know about Once a Jolly Hangman, but Escape from Paradise was removed from sale by the threats of Helen Yeo and Philip Jeyaretnam. It was removed from NLB through the corrupt influence of Yeo Cheow Tong.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Escape From Paradise is a book that is banned in Spore. I saw this book being sold at MPH in JB a few years ago.

The authors continue to air the dirty laundry of Spore's elite :smile:

You can read the continuing saga at:

http://www.escapefromparadise.com/index.html

There is no smoke without fire. Tony Tan dirty laundry is most prounounced!!! Let's hope to see more of such book to warn the new generations of Singaporeans and immigrants. If LHL wanted to open the door for immigrants, let's Singaporean white-wash them and turn the table against PAP policies.

Singaporeans must work towards changing of government in the coming election and not just expect the win to be break-even.

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is the book titled escape from paradise?

Is sg a paradise?

The full title is Escape from Paradise from Third World to First. Yes, the "Paradise" is Singapore. The "Third Wand" is also Singapore because even though Singapore has many of the features of a paradise on earth, it is still a third world country politically. The "First" stands for the United States which was, at the time, a first world country -- now that is in doubt.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just back from a trip to JB, saw the book "Escape from Paradise" available at MPH located in City Square Mall.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows where to buy the book ''To Catch A Tartar'' by Francis Seow..?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows where to buy the book ''To Catch A Tartar'' by Francis Seow..?

I got my copy from JB but that was years ago. Suggest you talk to the people at MPH at City Square, they might have some old stock or maybe can special order it.