• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Announcing of results on GE

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
folks,

i've been watching & voting in a few GEs liao but one thing i can never remember is when the Election dept officer announce the results, Do they announce the loser's % vote 1st then the winner or the other way round?

or is it always announce PAP 1st? Can anyone rememebr?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
its the same la, you know one the others is out as well unless you dunno simple maths like 100 - x. (ignore the small percentage of spoil votes)

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
folks,

i've been watching & voting in a few GEs liao but one thing i can never remember is when the Election dept officer announce the results, Do they announce the loser's % vote 1st then the winner or the other way round?

or is it always announce PAP 1st? Can anyone rememebr?

It is not always PAP first...
They will announce the total number of voters first , followed by whichever party and their total number of votes... followed by number of spoilt votes.