• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Animals have equal rights to this planet, why are you eating them?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1097966_586642004721949_1881686618_n.jpg

who are you to say you are more equal than others?

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh shit, I am now confused !

If I respect and take care of animals and plants ...... what do I eat to survive ? :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tony:

Animals have rights only as far as the human species allows them to have, Without humans standing up or speaking for them, they have no rights. This is because ours is the dominant species on this planet and that allows us to write the laws. For example, if you kill a bald eagle in good ole USA, you get sent to jail. As to your concern, so far many animals are classified as food (chickens, pigs, cattle, some places even dogs and cats.) Most societies have laws requiring some standard of humane treatment to them.

Cheers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Tony:

Animals have rights only as far as the human species allows them to have, Without humans standing up or speaking for them, they have no rights. This is because ours is the dominant species on this planet and that allows us to write the laws. For example, if you kill a bald eagle in good ole USA, you get sent to jail. As to your concern, so far many animals are classified as food (chickens, pigs, cattle, some places even dogs and cats.) Most societies have laws requiring some standard of humane treatment to them.

Cheers!

sorry dude, i do not think this way.. i respect the life of all living animals... it is people like you who has the self-centered notion of controlling what you like to perceived things to be, void of humanity..

luckily i avoid sinkies like you.. now i live a happy life.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if animals rule the world, they will have human beings as food. laws and rights of this planet are simply the rule of the stronger.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh Tony, most people respect life, Vegans aren't the only ones. We just give ourselves a wider choice when it comes too food. If we don't eat, we won't stay alive for long would we? I do not know for certain what happens to us after our death, so we try to live as well as we can this life, and if eating meat delights us, we do it when we can or when we are able to. If you live a happy life, why do you get so worked up and become confrontational with meat eaters so often?

I would have asked you to recommend a place for good Peking Duck, but I'd have to seek others for this advice. When I die, I become dust, the duck can have me then.

Cheers!

sorry dude, i do not think this way.. i respect the life of all living animals... it is people like you who has the self-centered notion of controlling what you like to perceived things to be, void of humanity..

luckily i avoid sinkies like you.. now i live a happy life.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you live a happy life, why do you get so worked up and become confrontational with meat eaters so often?

i am very happy when i disgrace and shame sinkies especially meat eaters.. you didn't realise that you bunch of losers are the source of my main happiness.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That comes from a meat eater's mindset...

It's not "meat-eater's mindset." It is nature's laws.

On this topic, I used to receive magazines from Jehovah Witnessess and they had drawings of people and animals living together peacefully in gardens. One thing wrong with them though - tigers and lions living in close proximity with people, goats, and sheep in a non-violent setting. It's very nice, but also very false.

Nature goes through life and death cycles. While we're alive, we try all we can to preserve life, beginning with our own.

Cheers!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one looks at the various dentition, those with canines or sharp razor like teeth are designed to eat meat and that is NATURE. Anti meat eaters probably never heard about the FOOD CHAIN which is meant to keep the ecological balance between prey and predator.

if the animals that devour plant life are not eaten by natural meat eaters including man, they will over-multiply and strip the flora then starve to death.

To be 100% vegetarian requires one to consume larger quantities of food to meet the energy requirements. With so much deadly pesticides used on plants, eating more greens mean eating more pesticides. Not all pesticides can be removed from greens and eating organically grown plants is NOT AFFORDABLE to everyone.

Last edited:

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If one looks at the various dentition, those with canines or sharp razor like teeth are designed to eat meat and that is NATURE. Anti meat eaters probably never heard about the FOOD CHAIN which is meant to keep the ecological balance between prey and predator.

if the animals that devour plant life are not eaten by natural meat eaters including man, they will over-multiply and strip the flora then starve to death.

To be 100% vegetarian requires one to consume larger quantities of food to meet the energy requirements. With so much deadly pesticides used on plants, eating more greens mean eating more pesticides. Not all pesticides can be removed from greens and eating organically grown plants is NOT AFFORDABLE to everyone.

Humans are evolved to be omnivores. We require a balanced diet of both plant and animal protein to be healthy. This is evidenced by our unique metabolism which performs most efficiently under an omnivorous diet. We also need 22 essential amino acids to be in health, some of which cannot be gotten from plants at all.

Our digestive track has been adapted to handle both meat and plant product. That's why you see features in our gastro track that is shared by both carnivores and herbivores.