• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angry PR who served NS questioned TT

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Angry PR who served NS questioned TT

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
To: ALL <NOBR></NOBR>(1 of 7)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[h=2]Singapore PR angry at not being informed of ‘defence medical scientist’ as a vocation during NS[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
July 30th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Temasek Review |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Dear Dr. Tony Tan,
I came to know about the controversy regarding your son only today and I am extremely angry and frustrated. Let me explain about my own background, then perhaps you will understand my sadness. I was a second generation PR who was studying at a foreign university. My father worked in Singapore, he sincerely believed in Singapore and wanted me to put down roots here. I completed my studies and also applied for postgrad PhD studies in Biochemistry at NUS. I then faced a dilemma of whether to sacrifice my PR and continue my education or serve my NS. My family strongly felt that I should serve NS and earn my right to call myself a Singaporean. I rejected the NUS postgrad application and served NS for 2 1/2 years as a Combat Medic in an infantry battalion. I have already completed 8 years of ICT. I want to point out to you that my father lost his job soon after I had enlisted and he had to return home. Thus I served my NS without family support.
My question to you is that why wasn’t I informed about this so called vocation “Defense Medical Scientist” when I enlisted for NS. I already had a Honors degree before my enlistment. Can we have the statistics about how many servicemen have served in such a vocation and how one qualifies for such a vocation. And please don’t insult my intelligence by saying that your son served his NS as he was getting NS pay and qualified for IPPT. If I was also allowed to “serve” my NS in an air-conditioned lab by doing something which would enhance my career prospects, I would have happily forsaken my NS allowance. You have not given any satisfactory answer regarding this controversy and I am sad to say that I would never want a President whose integrity is being questioned. I would be extremely grateful if you could provide a convincing answer and clear this controversy for good….
My dad worked in NUS as a research staff and his contract wasn’t renewed. He decided to return because he was actually overqualified for the job he had been working and he couldn’t get any other suitable job. My specialization was in Biotechnology and I had taken courses in Microbiology, Biochem, Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology etc…
Raj Mohan

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
See? Even chao ah neh also du lan liao! If PAP dogs think getting PR votes is gonna be easy, they can go fuck dogs!

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering did the PAP take us a bloody fools that believe everyword they say without checking out if its the truth. I have lost my trust in the govt since the 80s and now a days I take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Till now I have yet to hear from them about their pay readjustment. any of you guys out there heard anything about their pay readjustment?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To: lustybear <NOBR></NOBR>unread(5 of 14)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
54742.5 in reply to 54742.4
if we let this sort of thing go on unchecked, down the road, offsprings from the generation of Tin Peiling, Tan Chuan Jin and Chan Chun Sing will simply serve NS as bankers or full time undergraduates in Global banks or American/British universities.
one of my relative went for ICT once. was a chief clerk. he came back late on one saturday evening. told me his whole battalion had booked out. he was late as he had to send one guy to DB. told me the guy, after ROD, had applied for deferment to go overseas to study. the deferment was not granted. he still went for a no. of years and then came back. so was considered AWOL from reservist duties for that period. so was charged and sent to DB.
like father like son. Tony Tan and Patrick Tan. big blatant liars!!!!
3) I can categorically state that there is no such pathway or NS service vocation called "scientist" or "researcher". NS is not about matching one's professional standing or acquired knowledge in particular field. Dr Patrick is now telling lies. This chap has the audacity to claim that we are impugning his integrity. He has as much integrity as TT Durai who made claims of helping kidney patients but was enjoying the trappings of power.
4) In the early 1980s, the decisions was made in CMPB that those who disrupt NS for post grad were kids of rich families and were abusing the system. That practice was thus stopped. I am stunned that he was allowed this. I know of cases where parents had ignored this and allowed their sons to continue to do post-grad. The kids on their return was charged in court and went to prison.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Options Reply

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To: makapa <NOBR></NOBR>unread(6 of 14)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
54742.6 in reply to 54742.1
Dr Tan said: "We take the view that they have enjoyed some of the benefits of living in Singapore, and so have to fulfil their NS responsibilities before they can renounce their citizenship."

Shame on you Tony Tan.
Your son did National Service as a civilian.
Why did you not insist that he do national service like every other Singaporean.
And you want to be a President. You are a disgrace to all Singaporeans who did their national service.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Options Reply

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To: nextinfidel <NOBR></NOBR>(9 of 14)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
54742.9 in reply to 54742.8
http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/0...out-his-relaxed-ns-stint-as-defence-scientist/
Stop the Rhetoric:
I was in the same batch of recruits as Peter Tan – Bravo Company – SAFINCOS (training platform for Section Commanders0 at old Pasir Laba Camp.
He was unusually quiet in demeanour, always looking down and not enthusiastic about serving the army.
The Bravo company’s Officer Commanding – Capt Quek immediately rushed to the Commanding Officer’s Office – Lieutenant colonel – Arthur Lee ( a former NDP Parade Commander). Capt Quek was so ‘kamchong’ that one of his passing works to LTC Arthur was – Sir, Tony Tan’s son is my Company. I am going to recommend him for OCS !!!
The CO was not amused. He replied “So what ???’ Everybody goes for the same training and fair assessment.
This informed was conveyed to me by then TCO LTA Lim – the company’s Welfare Officer who was perturbed by this development.
I happen to be his room-mate and the only benefit is that my room passed the daily ’stand-by’ bed inspection because Peter was our room-mate.
During our journey by 3-tonner to the Exercise and Firing range area – Peter was asleep with his head down and the Seargant never awoke him and reprimanded him on the dangers of sleeping on the truck while the vehicle is moving – let alone knock on his helmet like some soldiers always get for sleeping.
I was asked to take care of him. I was very sad then. I had to follow instructions by my superiors. My supriors appointed me to ensure that he did not carry the night-snack container by himself !!!
That is why, I refused the offer of a OCS slot several times much to my peril. Why, if I was an Officer, I would uphold the dignity of the SAF by training our soldiers to be MEN and not to engage in ‘white-horse’ politics.
I had suffered so much..and this does not in any way diminish my respect for theSAF – vibrant and fighting-ready.The life-blood of our beloved country, Singapore.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Options Reply

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>