• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh the best! Otters Photobomb marriage proposal!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46273058

Singapore otters photobomb UK couple's marriage proposal
  • 20 November 2018

_104412257_image1.jpg
Image copyrightBERNARD PHOTOJOURNALS
Singapore's famous urban otters have delighted two British otter fans by photobombing their marriage proposal.
Jordan Doyle and Mary Lister had gone out otter-watching with a wildlife photographer when the animals appeared.
"I'd had the ring with me for a while and Mary is a huge fan of otters, so I thought to myself, right, this is the time to propose," Mr Doyle, 28, told the BBC.
A group of otters then swam over to gatecrash the romantic moment.
"When I asked them to pose for a photo, the otters came out of the water and approached the couple," photographer Bernard Seah told the BBC.
"I was like, oh my god, I cannot believe this."
'Completely special'
The otters are part of a group known as the Bishan 10, one of several otter families thriving in Singapore's urban areas.
They have featured in multiple news outlets, a David Attenborough documentary and have whole Facebook groups dedicated to them.
Mr Doyle and his now fiancée Mary Lister are travelling around the world and had contacted Mr Seah, who regularly follows and photographs the otters, to see if he could help them see them while they were in town.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Tuesday, they met up with Mr Seah and a group of other local photographers, who then led them to the Marina Reservoir in the city.
_98950366_presentational_grey_line464-nc.jpg
You may also like:
_98950366_presentational_grey_line464-nc.jpg

The couple broke away from the rest of the group for a while and it was then that Mr Doyle decided to propose.
"We didn't manage to capture the moment so I asked him to [kneel down and] propose again... Next thing I knew the otters appeared," said Mr Seah.
Mr Doyle said the otters were there for "around three minutes" and were "sniffing us so we had to stay very still".
According to Mr Seah, it is "not common" to have otters approach human for prolonged periods.
"I have seen otters approach humans but its never usually for a few minutes... it's never been this long."
Mr Doyle said the photo would be one that will "go down in our photobooks".
"I didn't plan it and it turned out completely special."