• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh Cannibalism in Syria + All Atrocities! power?

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tw.news.yahoo.com/女兵戰到最後-刻-遺體遭肢解凌虐-還拍片踩踏血肉模糊-114338473.html

女兵戰到最後一刻!遺體遭肢解凌虐 還拍片踩踏血肉模糊

EBC東森新聞

1.2k 人追蹤
東森新聞
2018年2月5日 下午7:43
0a94a5273611736df2a92e5a08c2830e

檢視相片
▲(圖/Rojava Defense Units | YPG 推特、翻攝olympia.gr)

前幾天敘利亞庫德族官員發表一段聲明,痛斥受到土耳其支持的反政府武裝軍,居然在戰爭中殘忍殺害一名庫德族女兵,還將她的屍體肢解踩踏,囂張地拍成影片寄給敘利亞人權觀察組織(Syrian Observatory for Human Rights),如今影片曝光,女兵的屍體被踩得血肉模糊,甚至把腳放在遺體的左胸上羞辱,冷血手段叫人不忍直視!" data-reactid="29">
前幾天敘利亞庫德族官員發表一段聲明,痛斥受到土耳其支持的反政府武裝軍,居然在戰爭中殘忍殺害一名庫德族女兵,還將她的屍體肢解踩踏,囂張地拍成影片寄給敘利亞人權觀察組織(Syrian Observatory for Human Rights),如今影片曝光,女兵的屍體被踩得血肉模糊,甚至把腳放在遺體的左胸上羞辱,冷血手段叫人不忍直視!

▼英勇奮戰到最後一刻的柯巴尼。(圖/Rojava Defense Units | YPG 推特)" data-reactid="31">
▼英勇奮戰到最後一刻的柯巴尼。(圖/Rojava Defense Units | YPG 推特)

98309f17bfdca7e31b7548191d7b7754

檢視相片

根據《環球時報》報導,這位被殺害的女兵是庫德族婦女保護組織的23歲成員柯巴尼(Barin Kobani),她加入由美國支持的軍事行動,計畫剷除敘利亞北部小鎮的伊斯蘭國勢力,不料她和另外3名女兵在戰鬥中被捕,她們拒絕投降並誓言戰到最後一刻,最後卻不幸遭敵方槍殺。" data-reactid="49">
根據《環球時報》報導,這位被殺害的女兵是庫德族婦女保護組織的23歲成員柯巴尼(Barin Kobani),她加入由美國支持的軍事行動,計畫剷除敘利亞北部小鎮的伊斯蘭國勢力,不料她和另外3名女兵在戰鬥中被捕,她們拒絕投降並誓言戰到最後一刻,最後卻不幸遭敵方槍殺。

敘利亞反政府武裝軍和土耳其軍隊把用手機拍攝凌辱柯巴尼遺體的影片寄出,只見影片中,10幾名武裝份子圍在柯巴尼的遺體周圍,柯巴尼全身血跡斑斑,身上的衣服被脫去了一部分,露出胸部和下體,其他部位則慘遭肢解,武裝軍不斷高呼「這名女兵的屍體是這場戰爭的戰利品,上帝是偉大的!」隨後就有人踩踏柯巴尼的遺體,畫面血肉模糊,殘忍至極。" data-reactid="51">
敘利亞反政府武裝軍和土耳其軍隊把用手機拍攝凌辱柯巴尼遺體的影片寄出,只見影片中,10幾名武裝份子圍在柯巴尼的遺體周圍,柯巴尼全身血跡斑斑,身上的衣服被脫去了一部分,露出胸部和下體,其他部位則慘遭肢解,武裝軍不斷高呼「這名女兵的屍體是這場戰爭的戰利品,上帝是偉大的!」隨後就有人踩踏柯巴尼的遺體,畫面血肉模糊,殘忍至極。

▼柯巴尼的遺體慘遭肢解還拍片凌虐踩踏。(圖/翻攝olympia.gr)" data-reactid="53">
▼柯巴尼的遺體慘遭肢解還拍片凌虐踩踏。(圖/翻攝olympia.gr)

c584cf82b6a3ad35726c9c9ec1f2768e

檢視相片

庫德族的人民看到影片相當憤怒,婦女保護組織的夥伴都發誓要為柯巴尼報仇,大喊「柯巴尼並沒有選擇投降,直到死之前她都還還在戰鬥,這種挑釁行為只會加深我們庫德族人抵抗的決心。」敘利亞全國委員會則強烈譴責這件事,呼籲相關單位即刻調查,要嚴懲影片中所有參與人員。" data-reactid="72">
庫德族的人民看到影片相當憤怒,婦女保護組織的夥伴都發誓要為柯巴尼報仇,大喊「柯巴尼並沒有選擇投降,直到死之前她都還還在戰鬥,這種挑釁行為只會加深我們庫德族人抵抗的決心。」敘利亞全國委員會則強烈譴責這件事,呼籲相關單位即刻調查,要嚴懲影片中所有參與人員。

往下看更多新聞" data-reactid="74">往下看更多新聞

英國退伍軍人華滋華斯(Tim Wordsworth)因無法忍受IS對雅茲迪族(Yazidi)的暴行,偷偷瞞著妻子遠赴敘利亞前線作戰,殺了無數IS聖戰士,並生吞其內臟、喝下屍血,因而被同胞稱為「食人魔」。" data-reactid="76">
英國退伍軍人華滋華斯(Tim Wordsworth)因無法忍受IS對雅茲迪族(Yazidi)的暴行,偷偷瞞著妻子遠赴敘利亞前線作戰,殺了無數IS聖戰士,並生吞其內臟、喝下屍血,因而被同胞稱為「食人魔」。

綜合外媒報導,39歲的華茲華斯因2014年看見IS的殘忍行徑後感到相當憤怒,於是主動聯絡敘利亞的庫德人民保衞部隊(YPG),並於隔年瞞著妻子遠赴敘利亞,到前線直接對抗IS。當時他只從部隊獲得一把M16突擊步槍、4個彈匣、兩顆手榴彈,就上場作戰。奮勇殺敵的他,對IS恐怖組織發射了約1000發子彈。" data-reactid="78">
綜合外媒報導,39歲的華茲華斯因2014年看見IS的殘忍行徑後感到相當憤怒,於是主動聯絡敘利亞的庫德人民保衞部隊(YPG),並於隔年瞞著妻子遠赴敘利亞,到前線直接對抗IS。當時他只從部隊獲得一把M16突擊步槍、4個彈匣、兩顆手榴彈,就上場作戰。奮勇殺敵的他,對IS恐怖組織發射了約1000發子彈。

▼華茲華斯因無法忍受IS暴行,隱瞞太太前往前線作戰(圖/翻攝每日郵報)" data-reactid="80">
▼華茲華斯因無法忍受IS暴行,隱瞞太太前往前線作戰(圖/翻攝每日郵報)

569c09fc6b5be25469c092cd3b3353b7

檢視相片

除了對抗IS,將IS成員的屍體用貨車送往亂葬崗下葬,也是他的任務之一。他還曾表示,「那是盛夏,屍體很多都發脹了。當你把他們推上悍馬時,子彈傷口還會爆開,我被血噴到,連口中也有。」" data-reactid="98">
除了對抗IS,將IS成員的屍體用貨車送往亂葬崗下葬,也是他的任務之一。他還曾表示,「那是盛夏,屍體很多都發脹了。當你把他們推上悍馬時,子彈傷口還會爆開,我被血噴到,連口中也有。」

▼運送屍體也是華茲華斯職責之一(圖/翻攝每日郵報)" data-reactid="100">
▼運送屍體也是華茲華斯職責之一(圖/翻攝每日郵報)

496dc83c9dda02fb311d43dbeec73c72

檢視相片

華茲華斯還表示,許多屍體都已嚴重扭曲變形,臉部甚至爛掉、血肉模糊,且屍體內臟外露,但為了從戰爭中找到樂趣,他直接將內臟直接塞入嘴巴咀嚼,狼吞虎嚥的吃下,甚至飲用屍血,豪不在意其他士兵的眼光,因而有了「食人魔」的稱號。" data-reactid="118">
華茲華斯還表示,許多屍體都已嚴重扭曲變形,臉部甚至爛掉、血肉模糊,且屍體內臟外露,但為了從戰爭中找到樂趣,他直接將內臟直接塞入嘴巴咀嚼,狼吞虎嚥的吃下,甚至飲用屍血,豪不在意其他士兵的眼光,因而有了「食人魔」的稱號。

▼華茲華斯豪飲IS屍血、吃內臟,有了「食人魔」封號(圖/翻攝每日郵報)" data-reactid="120">
▼華茲華斯豪飲IS屍血、吃內臟,有了「食人魔」封號(圖/翻攝每日郵報)

1c838e3f07e3078c2d820902f6ed1ad5

檢視相片

c0be0e01c6afe99a199ad1f85f900803

檢視相片

不過,華茲華斯與YPG並肩作戰7個月後,就到伊拉克北部加入庫爾德人組織「自由鬥士」,沒想到在短短一個月內就因為在臉書侮辱總統巴爾扎尼而入獄,3個半月後獲釋,才飛往英國倫敦與太太同住,並當起建築工人。" data-reactid="155">
不過,華茲華斯與YPG並肩作戰7個月後,就到伊拉克北部加入庫爾德人組織「自由鬥士」,沒想到在短短一個月內就因為在臉書侮辱總統巴爾扎尼而入獄,3個半月後獲釋,才飛往英國倫敦與太太同住,並當起建築工人。

雖然曾大啖IS聖戰士的內臟,但他憶述到敘利亞前線對抗IS的經歷時,表示「戰爭的真實情況、可怕的死傷、對死亡的恐懼,是我人生中最差的體驗,能活著真幸運。」" data-reactid="157">
雖然曾大啖IS聖戰士的內臟,但他憶述到敘利亞前線對抗IS的經歷時,表示「戰爭的真實情況、可怕的死傷、對死亡的恐懼,是我人生中最差的體驗,能活著真幸運。」

▼歷經戰爭的華茲華斯,回想作戰經驗,覺得活著十分幸運(圖/每日郵報)" data-reactid="159">
▼歷經戰爭的華茲華斯,回想作戰經驗,覺得活著十分幸運(圖/每日郵報)

d0a0940c1671a9065698b75692774706

檢視相片
" data-reactid="176">

Female soldiers to the last minute! The remains were dismembered and tortured filming stampede blurred
[EBC News]
EBC Eastern News
1.2k people tracking
Eastern News
February 5, 2018 at 7:43 pm
View photos

▲ (Photo / Rojava Defense Units | YPG Twitter, olympia.gr)

A few days ago, a statement was made by a Syrian Kurd government official who denounced Turkey's support of the anti-government armed forces and actually cruelly killed a Kurdish woman in the war and also dismembered her corpse and arrogantly filmed the film To the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the film now exposes the female body's body was trampled on the fleshy, and even put his feet on the left chest shame, cold-blooded means that people can not stand look!

▼ brave fight to the last minute Cohiba. (Photo / Rojava Defense Units | YPG Twitter)
View photos

According to the Global Times, the murdered female soldier is Barin Kobani, a 23-year-old member of the Kurd Women's Conservation Organization who joined U.S.-backed military operations to eradicate the northern Syrian town It was only Uzbekistan that the Islamic State forces were arrested during the fighting with three other women soldiers. They refused to surrender and vowed to fight until the very last minute, but unfortunately they were shot dead by the enemy.

Syrian rebel forces and the Turkish army sent a cell phone shot of the film covering the remains of Copbani. Seen in the film, a dozen or so militants surrounded the body of Copani. Blood on the body of Copbani and clothes on his body Was removed some, exposing the chest and lower body, other parts of the miserable dismemberment, the Armed Forces constantly shouting "the body of this female soldier is the war booty, God is great!" Then there was someone stampede Copani Body, the picture flesh fuzzy, extremely cruel.

▼ Cobani's body was mutilated but also film abuse stampede. (Photo / Photo olympia.gr)
View photos

The company is located in:

Kurdish people saw the film as outraged and all women's protection organization partners vowed to take revenge on Cophani and shouted: "Copani did not choose to surrender until she died, and she is still fighting. Such provocations Will only deepen our determination to resist the Kurds. "The Syrian National Committee strongly condemned the incident and called on the relevant units to immediately investigate and punish all participants in the film.

Read more news

British veteran Tim Wordsworth, who was unable to stand the IS IS atrocities against Yazidi, secretly teased his wife to the Syrian front to kill countless IS warriors and devour their internal organs and drink Under the dead blood, and therefore be known as siblings ogres.

According to foreign media reports, 39-year-old Wordsworth was very angry after seeing the cruel act of IS in 2014. He took the initiative to contact the Syrian KDPF and later his wife went to Syria in the following year. Front directly against the IS. At that time he only got one M16 assault rifle, four magazines and two grenades from the army to fight. He who fought bravely and fired about 1,000 rounds of ammunition against IS terrorist groups.

▼ Wordsworths Intolerable IS atrocity, hiding his wife to the front line operations (Figure / filmed Daily Mail)
View photos

In addition to confrontation with the IS, IS members of the body was sent to the burial site mass graves burial, but also one of his tasks. He also said, "It was midsummer, and many of the bodies were swollen. When you pushed them onto Humvee, the bullet wound would explode, and I was blown to the surface, even in my mouth."

▼ Carriage of bodies is one of Wordsworth's duties (Photo / Photo Daily Mail)
View photos

Wordsworth also said that many bodies have been severely deformed, face and even rotten, bloody, and the corpus exposed, but in order to find fun from the war, he directly directly into the mouth, intestines chew, gobbled Next, even drinking corpse blood, Howe did not mind the eyes of other soldiers, and therefore had the title of "ogre."

▼ Wordsworth Hurricane IS corpse blood, eating offal, with the title of "ogre" (Photo / copy Daily Mail)
View photos

View photos

However, when Wordsworth joined the YPG in fighting for seven months, he joined the Kurdish organization Freedom Fighter in northern Iraq and did not expect to be jailed for insulting President Barzani in Facebook in just a month. After being released for half a month, he flew to London, England to live with his wife and to work as a construction worker.

Although he had previously described the internal organs of the IS Holy Warriors, he recalled the Syrian front against IS. He said: "The real situation of the war, the terrible deaths and injuries, the fear of death, are the worst experience in my life. Really lucky. "

▼ After the war Wordsworth, think combat experience, feel very lucky to live (Figure / Daily Mail)

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...o-female-fighter-body-mutilated-a8194261.html

Barin Kobani: Video of Kurdish female fighter's body prompts outrage
'This kind of behaviour will only serve to reinforce our determination to resist until victory'

blank.gif

Click to follow
The Independent Online
barin-kobani.jpg

Barin Kobani, centre, was killed in action in Qurna early this week Delil Souleman/AFP/Getty Images
Syrian Kurds have reacted with outrage to a video showing the body of a female Kurdish fighter who was killed in battle during the a Turkish-led offensive.

Barin Kobani, a member of the all-female fighting unit of the Kurdish YPG (People’s Protection Units), was killed during fighting earlier this week in the northern Afrin region, reports say.

The footage showed a group of Turkey-backed rebels standing over the mutilated body of a female soldier, later identified as Kobani, in the village of Qurna near the Turkish border.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
The Kurdish community has reacted with fury – accusing the men of mutilating the body themselves and social media users shared a portrait of Kobani smiling next to another shot of her body.

Read more
Officials blamed the “terrorist allies of the enemy Turkish state” for mutilating her body and said they “hold the Turkish government responsible for this heinous act”.

Amad Kandal, an official with the Women’s Protection Units of which Kobani was a member, told the Guardian: “Barin did not surrender. She fought to the death.

“This kind of behaviour will only serve to reinforce our determination to resist until victory.”

A spokesman for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), which is allied with the Kurds against Turkish forces and Isis, said: “Imagine the savagery of these invaders with the bodies of our daughters. How would they behave if they took control of our neighbourhoods?”

World news in pictures

The Turkish armed forces launched an offensive against the Syrian region of Afrin two weeks ago as part of their bid to help Syrian opposition fighters wrest the area out of the control of the Kurds.

Kurdish forces had recaptured Afrin from Isis in 2016.

Ankara considers the YPG to be the Syrian arm of the PKK (Kurdistan Workers’ Party), a Turkish separatist group denounced the state regards as a terror group, and said the Kurds were using their toehold in Afrin as a base to launch attacks on Turkey.

Erdogan says Kurds will 'pay the price' for independence referendum

The operation, dubbed “Operation Olive Branch”, is attempting to carve out a 30km “safe zone” within Syria to protect the Turkish border.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed to expand the area to include the key city of Manbij.

He said: “Our jets took off and started bombing. And now the ground operation is underway. Now we see how the YPG ... are fleeing in Afrin.

“We will chase them. God willing, we will complete this operation very quickly.”

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...d-female-kurdish-fighter-180203144103977.html

Syria: Outrage over 'mutilated' female Kurdish fighter
4 Feb 2018
eca1da51f55548adb2a2582805e7c6af_18.jpg

A military commander of the Syrian Kurdish Women's Protection Units, displays a picture of late 23-year-old YPJ fighter Barin Kobani [File: Delil souleiman/AFP]
more on Turkey-Syria border
The Free Syrian Army (FSA) has said that it will investigate allegations that its fighters mutilated the corpse of a female member of the YPG.

Barin Kobani is believed to have been a member of the all-female Kurdish Women's Protection Units (YPJ).

Videos seen by Al Jazeera appear to show FSA fighters standing over her body in a village near the Turkish border.

Kurdish news outlet Rudaw said that the video showed the woman's clothes had been partially removed, and parts of her body mutilated.

Rudaw said they could not independently verify the video.

Online, the Kurdish community shared photos of Kobani and expressed their outrage over her murder.

The Free Syrian Army has been fighting alongside Turkish troops in an operation against the Syrian Kurdish armed group YPG in the Syrian enclave of Afrin.

On Friday, at least two people were reportedly killed and 19 injured in attacks on Turkish towns near the border with Syria.

Turkey said the rockets were fired from a Kurdish enclave inside Syria. There have been more than two weeks of intense fighting in the area. Turkey considers the YPG a "terrorist" group.

SOURCE: Al Jazeera News

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ritish-soldier-fought-against-ISIS-Syria.html
'They nicknamed me 'Tim the Cannibal': Ex-soldier who ran away to Syria to fight ISIS without even telling his WIFE reveals he drank dead jihadis' BLOOD after joining 'wolfpack' Kurdish fighters
  • Former British soldier Tim Wordsworth, 39, fought against ISIS in Syria with YPG
  • Estimated he fired 1,000 rounds at ISIS in fighting he likened to World War One
  • Described the horrors he saw such as jihadists with their 'jaws above their skull'
  • One of his jobs involved ferrying dead ISIS fighters on trucks to mass graves
  • Became known as 'Tim the Cannibal' as he scooped up the blood and 'scoffed it'
  • After fighting ISIS with the YPG for seven months Tim joined the peshmerga
  • But after one month was jailed for insulting Kurdish president Masoud Barzani
By Thomas Burrows for MailOnline

Published: 17:01 GMT, 13 August 2017 | Updated: 09:09 GMT, 14 August 2017

3.1k shares

View comments

A former British soldier dubbed 'Tim the Cannibal' by his Kurdish comrades has revealed how he left his comfortable life in London to fight ISIS in their Syrian backyard.

Tim Wordsworth, a scaffolder from East London, estimated that he fired 1,000 rounds at ISIS while fighting with the People's Protection Units of Syrian Kurdistan (YPG).

The married 39-year-old said he was inspired to take up arms against the murderous organisation because he was left with unfinished business from his Army days and in response to the slaughter of thousands of Yazidis by ISIS in August 2014.

He was nicknamed 'Tim the Cannibal' by his fellow fighters because he used to slurp up the blood of dead jihadists he delivered to mass graves.

431456F800000578-4772386-image-m-2_1502225002959.jpg

+27
The ex-British soldier spent six months fighting ISIS with the YPG - he said a lot of his 'dear friends' had died fighting the terror group

4317646700000578-4772386-image-a-14_1502237338650.jpg

+27
The married Londoner had previously served in the Army for four years but felt he had never achieved his goal of becoming a rifleman so joined the YPG in the fight against ISIS

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, he described the fighting as being 'like World War One' and revealed the unimaginable horrors he witnessed, such as seeing dead ISIS fighters whose bodies were so badly mangled that their jaws were 'above their skull'.

He also recounted staying in houses where the occupants had 'probably been murdered brutally', and finding starving cats and dogs roaming in villages recaptured from ISIS.

The fighter revealed how depraved ISIS fighters threw nitric acid in the face of pre-pubescent girls or threw them down a well if they refused to have sex with them.

4317637700000578-4772386-image-a-13_1502236462657.jpg

+27
The 39-year-old arrived in Syria on February 18, 2015 after a 33-hour bus journey through Turkey - he then spent six months fighting with the YPG against ISIS

He said: 'The actual reality of war, of horrific injuries and total terror of death was the f****** worst experience of my life but there's also this wolfpack thing, especially with the Kurds, that you get drawn into and in the end I got drawn into it. I was blessed to survive.'

Tim said he became an 'adopted orphan' of the Kurds and became famous among them, which he likened to the fanfare surrounding pop star Justin Bieber.

After fighting with the YPG for half a year he spent one month on the frontline with the peshmerga, the government-backed army of Iraqi Kurdistan, fighting ISIS in Iraq.

However he was imprisoned for three-and-a-half months after insulting the Kurdish president Masoud Barzani in a Facebook rant which he said he later regretted and admitted was 'stupid'.

RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
He had been persuaded to join the peshmerga by Joe Robinson, himself a former soldier, who was arrested in Turkey last week on suspicion of terror offences relating to the time he spent in Syria with Kurdish militia along with Tim.

Speaking about his friend, Tim said: 'Joe is a lovely young man, with a lovely girlfriend and I want him to get out so he can have a family with her.'

Discussing the impact his departure had on his Lithuanian wife Dalia, who he married in 2010, he said: 'It caught her totally by surprise but if I'd told her it [going to Syria] could have been pulled.

'In the beginning she was really shocked but it helped her find her own feet for a bit. When I came back she moved back in with me. She thought I might leave again but since coming back I make dinner every Friday night. During my time in Syria I thought to myself that I would come back and start a family.'

4317670700000578-4772386-image-a-15_1502237389885.jpg

+27
Tim told MailOnline about the unspeakable horrors he witnessed during his time in Syria but also said there was a 'wolfpack' mentality among the Kurds

431767D200000578-4772386-image-a-16_1502237464214.jpg

+27
Immediately after arriving at the YPG safehouse in Syria, Tim was fast-tracked due to his military experience and given an M16, two grenades and four magazines of ammunition

Before he became a jihadi hunter in Syria, Tim had served in the Army for four years, in the 2nd battalion of the Royal Green Jackets. He did two peacekeeping tours, in Bosnia in 1998, and Kosovo, in 1999. Despite that he felt he was 'never the rifleman I wanted to be' and was faced with 'personal jealously' of friends who had stayed in the Army.

He told MailOnline: 'I had a great time in the Army, it was such a supportive organisation… but I never had to fire a shot at the enemy during the whole of my four years. And of course I longed for professional fulfilment.

'To be a rifleman is pretty much everything and so I had a big hope in myself that I would do the job of a rifleman that I was trained for and I got to do that job in Syria and Iraq against an evil enemy. It was years and years of being a civilian and thinking I'll never really be a rifleman.'

As well as this feeling of unfinished business, Tim, whose grandmother was a Holocaust survivor, was also inspired to fight ISIS after reading about the genocide of the Yazidis in Sinjar by ISIS. According to a UN report, 5,000 Yazidi civilians were killed by ISIS when they captured the town in August 2014.

4317657700000578-4772386-image-a-17_1502237524820.jpg

+27
The former soldier said: 'To be a rifleman is pretty much everything and so I had a big hope in myself that I would do the job of a rifleman that I was trained for and I got to do that job in Syria and Iraq'

431765CB00000578-4772386-image-a-18_1502237620331.jpg

+27
Tim revealed how YPG fighters would use anything - whether it be ammunition, weapons or uniform - that they took from dead ISIS terrorists

Tim's journey began with him flying to Istanbul on February 13, 2015. He then boarded a bus for a 33 hour journey that travelled through the Kurdistan region of Turkey to Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan.

From there he contacted the 'Lions of Rojova' Facebook group [the name for Syrian Kurdistan] after reading a news report about two former British soldiers who had done the same thing.

He was then taken through a series of safehouses before being smuggled across the border into Syria, which he reached five days after touching down in the Turkish capital.

Westerners who had reached the YPG safehouse were then split into those who were ex-military and those who were not.

'They said "if you're ex-military and feel ready to go the frontline, good, we need to go now" as an operation was starting to liberate a place called Tell Hamis in northeastern Syria', Tim recalled.

'So I was fast-tracked. I was given an M-16 and two grenades and four magazines of ammunition and we were shipped off to the frontline.'

431764FC00000578-4772386-image-m-22_1502237823851.jpg

+27
4317648300000578-4772386-image-a-23_1502237829285.jpg

+27
Tim revealed how he became famous among the Kurds for being one of the few Westerners

4317B0A200000578-4772386-image-a-24_1502237902466.jpg

+27
One of Tim's jobs in Syria involved transporting the bodies of dead ISIS fighters to mass graves

4324A7DF00000578-4772386-image-a-26_1502389130416.jpg

+27
Tim (pictured second right) had to transport dead ISIS bodies on the back of a truck to mass graves

In the first Syrian village he went into with the YPG Tim did not come under fire directly but vividly remembered seeing human remains for the first time.

He said: 'I saw a scalp and demasked face. I was staying in houses where people had probably been murdered brutally, [it was] haunting with their pictures on the walls. It was haunting for me. It brought back everything from Bosnia and Kosovo, as they were like graveyards. It all came back to me.

'For the first few days we were going into villages unchallenged... ISIS had gone or left some gruesome human remains.'

Following the liberation of Tell Hamis, Tim was split off from the rest of the Westerners who were with the YPG, apart from a Dutchman and American in a mobile unit.

He said: '[We were travelling] in some of the insane armoured vehicles the Kurds had made themselves that looked like something out of Mad Max, which they call panzers... they go into battle and burn to death inside these things.'

431765CF00000578-4772386-image-a-25_1502238141824.jpg

+27
Tim was inspired to join the fight against ISIS because he had long been interested in the region but also because he was horrified by the reports of the ISIS slaughter of the Yazidis in Sinjar in August 2014

4317651100000578-4772386-image-a-26_1502238172974.jpg

+27
Tim recalled how the YPG mobile unit he was used 'insane armoured vehicles the Kurds had made themselves that looked like something out of Mad Max'

After only a few days in the mobile battalion Tim encountered fierce resistance from ISIS fighters for the first time - at the village of Tel Khuzela.

He recalled: 'We stopped about a kilometre away from that frontline but you could tell there was a f****** big battle going on.

'This Kurdish Heval said "come on, come on" he wanted us to run behind this home-made panzer the Kurds had which they called 'The Mouse', it was basically a little agricultural machine with welded plates. We ran behind it up to the frontline and that was the first time a round passed really close to my head.

'It came real close to my head, a high velocity round. I hit the deck and I continued the rest of the way to the frontline on my knees, crawling. I had to crawl to the earth berm, where a lot of the conflict is done. When I finally got there, there was a rain of bullets coming over the top of the berm from the ISIS village 700 metres away.

'I crawled through fire to get to this berm which was off the road and that day I fired, I had to rebomb my magazines that day, I fired a lot of rounds, I shot at a man and saw him go down, but obviously there were other people shooting at him. I fired a lot of rounds at the windows, the doors and this figure I saw.

'That was the day Konstandinos Scurfield [a former British Royal Marine] was killed. His panzer went out into this hail of fire towards the village and he got hit by an RPG rocket. The next morning I saw Kosta's green woolly commando hat and trainers on the wall, burnt and bloody.'

4317676B00000578-4772386-image-m-29_1502238486059.jpg

+27
The 39-year-old said: 'I was blessed to survive because some of my dear friends are dead now'

4317652A00000578-4772386-image-a-28_1502238331179.jpg

+27
Tim said YPG fighters would 'p*** on the bodies of dead ISIS fighters and kick them in the head'

After firing his first shots against ISIS Tim joined the Taboora Soran.

He said: 'He had a Tabor which was equipped with Humvees, armoured American made Humvees, bought on the black market and captured from ISIS but it was a crazy Tabor. I'd seen their handiwork, I'd been into a village they had gone into first and this Danish guy had managed to throw a grenade at the only ISIS in the village and split their heads open, wounded them in horrible ways.

'I saw their bodies, but the Kurds were p***ing on them, kicking them in the head. Obviously they've got a right to because their relatives have been killed by ISIS.'

4324A7C600000578-4772386-image-m-28_1502389192323.jpg

+27
Tim recalled seeing lots of dead ISIS bodies just weeks after joining the YPG in Syria

4324A7B900000578-4772386-image-m-30_1502389279370.jpg

+27
Tim revealed how everything was taken from ISIS fighters, such as weapons and ammunition

The Taboora Soran was the lead group into an operation to capture the town of Al-Hawl in northeastern Syria.

Tim said: 'I was based on a little farm on the very, very frontline within small arms range about 800m from the ISIS village and there was a lot going on. Thankfully I didn't get killed.

'In my first real invasion of an ISIS village I was in the Humvee with my commander and I was very confident because I was with him, he's a lion, a charismatic leader and one of the most famous generals of the Kurds. But when we got to this next farm the Humvee started leaking fluids, so he put me in a panzer and told me to fire from a small slit when we got into contact.

4317633C00000578-4772386-image-a-30_1502238603179.jpg

+27
The former British soldier estimated that he fired 1,000 rounds at ISIS in fighting that he described as being 'like World War One'

'There had already been an air strike and we were waiting for the next air strike. I remember seeing out the blackness of the night another air strike, like a red mushroom cloud, and then we went for it. And pretty soon ISIS, who were living in tunnels to avoid the air strikes, were firing hundreds of thousands of rounds at us.

'Because Kosta had been killed in a similar vehicle by a rocket I was convinced I was going to get hit…but I fired about three magazines from this little slit. We were getting hit by so much fire and I started praying "please get me out of this vehicle and I'll never come into a battle again'''.

When Tim's panzer went back to resupply he exited the vehicle and went AWOL from the attack.

Angry with himself, he felt he'd 'bugged out' from the attack and made a vow never to do so again.

'Afterwards I made up my mind to go on operations with the Tabor and I would be in it for the long run... and I fulfilled that', he said.

4317642F00000578-4772386-image-a-31_1502238802950.jpg

+27
The former soldier said: 'I was staying in houses where people had probably been murdered brutally, haunting with their pictures on the walls. It was haunting for me'

4324A7B200000578-4772386-image-a-32_1502390853001.jpg

+27
Tim became an 'adopted orphan of the Kurds' during his time fighting with the YPG

Tim then moved to an operation in the Abdulaziz mountains.

'That was my first time seeing lots of dead ISIS', he said. 'Because they had been air striking it. I saw ISIS with all sorts of insane injuries, with their jaw above their skull.'

He added: 'For a while I had been the only the westerner in Taboora Soran, so I was like the adopted orphan of the Kurds and became famous among them. Soran would drive me around, he's so sociable like any general. They called me Tim Soran. I was famous, it was amazing. It was crazy, it was like being Justin Bieber or something, absolutely insane.'

Tim said ISIS was a regular topic of conversation among the Kurds.

'They would find phones and media devices on dead ISIS', he explained.

'They would then crowd round and watch the ISIS videos with stirring music played to them. We would harvest the weapons, ammunition, webbing, armoured vehicles, motorbikes and uniform from ISIS. Everything we found dead ISIS with, we would use.'

431762BF00000578-4772386-image-a-32_1502238894195.jpg

+27
Syrian children hold up the peace sign in one of the heartbreaking pictures taken by Tim in the war-torn region where 330,000 people have been killed since the start of the conflict in 2011

One of Tim's unenviable tasks was delivering dead ISIS bodies to mass graves.

He said: 'We had to pick up dead bodies and put them on the Hummer and take them up the hill to the mass graves where they were buried.

'It was high summer and lots of them had swollen up. When you pushed them onto the Hummer, bullet wounds would open up and I'd get sprayed with bad blood and all sorts in my mouth, everything. Later on I was afraid I had AIDS. When I was in prison I asked for an AIDS test and they told me I was HIV negative. Because apparently AIDS is rampant within ISIS. Because some people come with AIDS to ISIS and they share sex slaves.'

He added: 'So I was becoming mad brutalised, f***up brutalised, delivering bodies to mass graves, stealing bags from bodies, I walked on top of bodies to steal their bags as everything is taken from ISIS. I would find woolly gloves, apples, Snickers bars, ammunition, grenades but we'd heard wild stories about people finding gold and vast amounts of money and narcotics but I never found anything like that.

'Their faces were squashed and flattened. It was a f***up experience. In front of one of my American friends...the Panzer that all these bodies had been on was covered in human gore, mixed internal organs that had leaked out of dozens of ISIS.

'All this gore was stuck to the outside of the Panzer: brains, blood, liver. I wanted to have some fun. I grabbed a big handful and started scoffing it. Kamal [my American friend] was like 'what the f*** are you doing?' From this Jack*** morning, this legend grew up and I got called Tim the Cannibal. Apparently Westerners coming through safe houses had heard of Tim the Cannibal and this myth grew. Crazy.'

4317635B00000578-4772386-image-m-36_1502238987737.jpg

+27
431763F700000578-4772386-image-a-37_1502238993422.jpg

+27
The ex-soldier said: 'Some of the Westerners like to take command but they can't because they've got no official power, no official rank, only some Kurds have that. I was the cowboy'

Tim said one of the horrors of the war was seeing starving cats and dogs dying of thirst in towns recaptured by ISIS thugs.

WHO ARE THE YPG?
The YPG, or 'People's Protection Units', effectively serves as the military of the autonomous Kurdish-led regions which emerged in northern Syria with the retreat of state authority in 2011 that accompanied the outbreak of civil war.

The militia is financed by the administrations of those regions. The force and its political affiliate, the PYD, are opposed not only by Turkey but by the Kurdish authorities in neighboring Iraq.

Turkey views the YPG as an extension of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has fought a three-decade insurgency in Turkey, and as a threat to Turkish security.

The YPG has played a key role in an ongoing US-backed campaign to isolate ISIS's base of operations at Raqqa.

The YPG's 60,000-strong strength includes the YPJ - the all-female militia that numbers around 24,000.

'Whenever I could I tried to feed the starving dogs', he said.

'There are lots of hungry dogs, I saw mother dogs with their fur falling out, puppies that are mad and aggressive. It's one of the heartbreaks of war. I think we should feed ISIS to the dogs. They are the raper of pre pubescent girls and if those girls won't have sex with them, they throw acid in their face or throw them down a well. It's the sickest and blackest of actions.'

After fighting ISIS with the YPG for seven months Tim joined the peshmerga, the Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq whose name translates as 'those who face death'.

He'd been persuaded to join the group by his friend Joe Robinson who was arrested in Turkey last week on terror charges relating to his time fighting with the Kurdish militia in Syria.

They had first met in the fight to liberate the town of Tel Tamer in Syria.

But Tim only spent one month with the peshmerga before he was thrown in jail after insulting Kurdish president Masoud Barzani on Facebook, describing him as a 'biblical level criminal'.

He said: 'People were making lots of anti Barzani comments so I thought I'd trump their comments...it was stupid and someone sent it to the security services.'

He explained how the YPG dislike Barzani as they believe he ordered the peshmerga (who he controls) to withdraw from the Sinjar mountains, which led to the historic genocide of the Yazidis by ISIS in August 2014. They claim he did this because ISIS had captured his son and were threatening to behead him.

4317CC8400000578-4772386-image-a-38_1502239218145.jpg

+27
Tim (second right) fought alongside Joe Robinson (far left) in Syria with the Kurds - last week he was arrested in Turkey on terrorism offences

4317660B00000578-4772386-Tim_fought_alongside_the_YPG_in_Syria_for_six_months_before_he_j-a-3_1502379171792.jpg

+27
Tim joined the Taboora Soran within the YPG and fought alongside their 'courageous' commander (pictured together)

4317649200000578-4772386-image-a-31_1502390595907.jpg

+27
Tim explained how Soran would drive him around and said he was 'so sociable like any general'

After being released from prison following a three-and-a-half month stint Tim arrived back at Heathrow airport, where he was arrested straight off the plane.

His parents and wife were waiting for him and he said his parents were more nervous than Dalia who 'took it in her stride'.

He recalled: 'It's funny as I'd worked as an electrician at Heathrow in Terminal 2 and I flew back into the new Terminal and in the middle of the night as I was being escorted by two terrorism officers, I saw two of the electricians I'd worked with who were on the night shift. They were like "what are you doing here Tim?" I was like "I've come from Syria fighting terrorists". It was a surreal moment.'

He added: 'The police were very professional and eventually they gave me no further action.'

Since returning to the UK, Tim is working as a scaffolder and living in East London with his wife.

He said: 'It's good to come back into the scaffolding industry as there's a lot of ex soldiers. It's the toughest job in the construction industry, [the] most adrenaline job. It's good hard, physical work that cleanses the soul.'

4324A78E00000578-4772386-image-m-25_1502389017328.jpg

+27
Prior to his time in Syria Tim worked as an electrician at London Heathrow Airport (pictured) - he revealed how he saw two former colleagues on his return to the airport when he was escorted off his flight from the Middle East

However his mind is still preoccupied with events in the Middle East, particularly the welfare of his friend Joe Robinson.

He said: 'Joe is a lovely young man, with a lovely girlfriend and I want him to get out so he can have a family with her. If not, let him get married in prison, have a bit of decency. He's a resilient chap and says he's learning Turkish.

'Joe's fought the common enemy, which is ISIS, the enemy of President Erdoğan.'

'I just want to raise awareness of Joe and who he is so nothing will happen to him. The world's eyes will now be on him all the greater.'

ADVERTISING
Share or comment on this article