• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

And UK now got earthquake too!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 67,600,000 results (0.47 seconds)
Search Results
data=ujaJ99jucysA6UtlHbKpr7tK8bxEGv_ZQ8R7meYAn9OQrBJaEyVJtPc_nU6uXcWwSFECTFUJltICwiFnW8xDkyCA4EvBRpIP1ep1IVnLCEPbw90lm7dU0YkhmQunZYXFLZ6lMmchO34m0AeylgJKfFRUc4EDI_zd8hyt123f9E19HOVflC3K5bvZIRzUin0t2OCf4pAuhRNsDbGyj_GElu7OGD_f_q_7jn4

Magnitude 4.2 earthquake
4 km from Swansea, UK · 17 Feb, 10:31 PM

More on earthquake.usgs.gov
All times are in Singapore Standard Time · Sources: U.S. Geological Survey, ready.gov
What to do after an earthquake
Expect aftershocks hours, days, or weeks after the main quake.
Aftershocks can cause building damage and falling debris that could injure you.
Avoid open flames in damaged buildings.
Earthquakes can damage gas lines, so don’t use lighters or matches.
If you live near the coast, stay away from the beach.
Earthquakes can cause dangerous tsunamis and flooding.
Drive carefully and plan alternative routes.
Structural damage and traffic light outages may make it difficult to get to your destination.
What to do after an earthquake
Feedback
Top stories
upload_2018-2-18_4-53-28.jpeg
Earthquake felt
across much of
England and
Wales

BBC
17 mins ago
UK earthquake:
tremor hits south-
west England and
south Wales

The Guardian
5 hours ago
'Massive'
earthquake hits
Britain affecting
Brits from Cornwall to Blackpool

Daily Mirror
24 mins ago
More for uk earthquake

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43097113

Earthquake felt across much of England and Wales
  • 20 minutes ago
Image copyright British Geological Survey
Image caption A seismometer shows the earth's movements on Saturday afternoon
A minor earthquake with a 4.4 magnitude has affected parts of Wales and England.

The quake was felt over all of Wales, most of western England, as far east as London and as far north as the southern edge of the Lake District, the British Geological Survey (BGS) said.

The epicentre was approximately 20km north-north-east of Swansea and at a depth of 7.4km, it added.

There have been no reports of serious damage or injuries.

Events of this magnitude happen in the UK every three to five years, the BGS said.

Roger Musson, from the BGS, said it was the largest earthquake in mainland Britain for the last 10 years - since one with a magnitude of 5.2 struck in 2008 in Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.

He said it was "relatively shallow" for a larger British earthquake. They are usually around 15-20km deep.

Media caption"The whole building shook": Roxanne Woolhouse describes the tremor
Dyfed Powys Police force said it had received "an extremely high volume" of calls relating to tremors.

South Wales Police urged the public to avoid calling the emergency services unless it was to report damage or injuries.

Image Copyright @swpcardiff @swpcardiff

The tremors caused play to be held up at a Welsh League football match at Port Talbot, 10 miles from Swansea, as the town's team faced Taff's Well.

A tweet from Port Talbot's Twitter account said: "Temporary stop in play. A recorded earthquake in the area. Incredible."

Image Copyright @markpitman1 @markpitman1

Steven Clathworthy, who lives near Bridgend, south Wales, said he heard a bang and the settee moved.

Image copyright USGS HANDOUT
Image caption A US Geological Survey map showing the shake levels across the UK, with light blue being very weak through to red being very heavy
"All the neighbours were out asking 'what's happening?'" he said.

Bryan Jones, 72, of Treorchy, Rhondda Cynon Taff, said: "It was like a tremor but it was quite frightening for my granddaughter - she swore a little bit and my wife got up asking 'What was that?'"

'The walls cracked'
Vera Sanderberg, from Croyde in north Devon, said she felt her house shake.

"The neighbour's horses bolted," she said.

"It was just a split second. We can't see anything damaged."

In Cheltenham, Paul Samway said it felt like "a washing machine breaking down".

"We heard the walls crack and there was a bit of juddering," he added.

"We thought nothing of it until we saw reports from other people on social media."

Image caption The epicentre was approximately 20km north-north-east of Swansea in south Wales
Louise Craig, from Connah's Quay in north Wales, said it was "the most excitement I've had on a Saturday afternoon for a while".

"I get a lot of fat wood pigeons jumping up and down on my chimney and I first of all thought the noise was them but they must have put on a heck a lot of weight to make the house shake," she told the BBC.

Donna Johnson in Caerphilly said she was "really scared".

"The house started rocking, and I said, 'oh my god the house is falling down'. We have a bungalow, and there is risk of subsidence here," she told the BBC.

"I ran outside - I was shaking like a leaf... The cat went outside before me, so she must have known."

Sue Field in Shifnal, Shropshire, said she felt the tremors from her armchair.

"I thought I'd had one too many wines for my birthday lunch," she said.

Image Copyright @Wood485 @Wood485

Image Copyright @HistoryLady82 @HistoryLady82

Image Copyright @LastQuake @LastQuake

Have you been affected by the minor earthquake? You can email [email protected] with your experiences. Send us your pictures and videos.

Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:

Or use the form below

Your contact details Name

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
DWPurCoWAAA83wV.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43100524

Britain reacts to an 'underwhelming' earthquake
  • 1 hour ago
Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption Some spilled tea was reported on social media to be among the worst of the damages caused by the minor earthquake.
It turns out that no earthquake is too minor for Britain to react to with self-deprecating humour.

The earth moved in parts of England and Wales on Saturday afternoon, leading to numerous reports of rocking armchairs and settees. "We felt a big shake and my grandmother thought it was a heron landing on the roof," Tom told the BBC.

The epicentre was approximately 20km north-east of Swansea, where some residents were briefly startled by trembling walls and ceilings, and a football match in Wales was delayed.

"You don't expect it, do you, on a wintery Saturday in South Wales," Sue Bailey said from near the city.

Then after the British Geological Survey confirmed that the shakes and tremors was indeed a 4.4 magnitude earthquake, which is the biggest in 10 years, all that was left was for social media to begin their gentle mocking.

"Quick, check the biscuits!" one popular Twitter account, @VeryBritishProblems, wrote.

You might also like:

Pictures of the damage were shared, including by Ross Hornby whose box of chocolates fell off a fridge. "This earthquake hasn't taken everything from me yet!" he declared.

Skip Twitter post by @djh3max
End of Twitter post by @djh3max

On Twitter @petersianchuk wondered how Britain would cope with the impact.

Skip Twitter post by @petersianchuk
End of Twitter post by @petersianchuk

"We will rebuild," another user pledged.

Skip Twitter post by @subcircle
End of Twitter post by @subcircle

"Millions of pounds of improvements caused in Wales after earthquake strikes," read one popular joke.

Image copyright Shelley Davies
Image caption One reader sent this picture of a statue that broken in the earthquake. "We will re glue" she promised
Some used the occasion to take aim at the nation.

Skip Twitter post by @Seanoftheshed
End of Twitter post by @Seanoftheshed

Skip Twitter post by @MattH_197
End of Twitter post by @MattH_197

Others spoke of their regret on missing the event.

"Most exciting thing to happen in Ystrad, Wales for years and I missed it by a day and a half," wrote Chris Miller on Facebook.

"First time I've spoken to half my neighbours in about five years so that was nice," Bowen Lloyd revealed on Twitter.

Meanwhile, countries who regularly experience deadly earthquakes sent their condolences.

"Thoughts and prayers from the US," @LyricsPlays wrote.

"4.4? Oh that's normal here in Costa Rica, Central America. All the best UK,"wrote @RicardoVargasfi.

Another user replied, "Of course our earthquakes include a plus of volcanoes and ash".

"You all need to man up a bit - it was a 4.2 magnitude earthquake," another wrote.

But despite the jokes, most people were excited to share their experience of having lived through the most recent British earthquake.

"I've always wanted to feel an earthquake too - my whole house shook, it was pretty cool," Melissa Resoli wrote on Facebook.

Let's just say, some people in London are feeling a bit jealous right now.

By BBC UGC & Social news