• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An open letter to my MP...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/open-letter-my-mp

393744_10151376749223074_746560602_n.jpg

I am writing this, as i always get scripted reponses or my dad has to email them to constantly remind them to do the job they should be doing. I hope those who are reading this can share it, and hopefully the town council can be more proactive with their responsibilites. I think it is time for me to speak up, and i am sure alot of people also face the same problem of inconsiderate neighbours, and probably unresolved. So help me to share this so that the town council can be more aware of these issues. Thank you.

Dear Mr Chia Shi Lu ,

I would like to bring this incident to your attention. What happened was that my family and I stay at 63 A Lengkok Bahru , and my neighbours above me are constantly being very inconsiderate to others who live below them, other than myself. There is not a week that goes without an incident of water dripping. Naturally, it angers anyone in that situation, if they are the victim. Thus my mother called up the town council, specifically Mr Ong, who is in charge of our vicinity. What angered my mother the most was that sentence that Mr Ong said I quote: "you stay HDB is like that one" . To others who may read this post, or if you, sir what if you are in my mother's situation? I am sure you will feel angry too. When my mother told him about sending quarterly fliers or notices about the wet clothing, Mr Ong said " we cannot possibly monitor 24/7" and kept repeating that. The point is, I am not asking to monitor 24/7, which is asking for a tall order, but only timely reminders for the neighbours to be considerate to others. And as a civil servant, how can he say such things as "you stay HDB is like that , I stay HDB also like that" . This is absurd, and unacceptable!

The government always have various campaigns for good neighbourliness , and hold competitions for good neighbours, but unfortunately, it never happens in this neighbourhood of mine.

Since I have brought this up, I might as well mention about our neighbourhood cleanliness. The lobby is constantly dirty, and slippery, many of the residents here are of the older generation. Even the notice board, which was newly installed last year with a lock and key function, is not even used in a correct manner. Notices are carelessly duct taped on top of the glass/ plastic panel of the notice board. The question is now, that is : what is the point of wasting money (paid by the residents through conservancy fees) by installing a new one when it is just merely just pasted right on top? Also, it appears that the CCTV is not installed or removed even though there are notices in place?

Also, the rubbish bins in the car park are never cleared often, which can result in pest control issues in the future. Rubbish are also strewn every corner of the car park, and are only cleared maybe once a week? To be honest, i will never see a day that the car park is clean, unless you, sir, are coming for a visit, or some government official comes. Now it's to the extent, people find it so filthy, that the walls are being vandalised with spray paint.

Therefore, I hope you will help to solve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Sabrina Choo

~~~

I have to ask you this, Sabrina, who did you vote for in 2011?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unfortunately, her GRC was the only one uncontested in GE2011

Oppo nomination forms late by 12seconds...

Dun blame her lah...

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very pretty, but her england not beri powderful. It is no wonder that no action is taken, they simply don't understand what problem she has.

Last edited:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
that area is a shitty place with lots of inconsiderate people. unfinished food are thrown out of the windows onto the cars parked below. nea and town council also never bother. same excuse that they cannot monitor 24/7, said they will send flyers to residents to educate them - lol.