• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An Analysis Into why PAP fare badly in the GE

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an opposition supporter. I have voted opp three times in as many time I voted and I am from aljunied GRC

Below is my analysis of why PAP share of vote drop to 60.1%

1) Cost of living, High HDB price, Foreign Immigration, flood issue,MSK escape etc

2) New Media

3) Changing of election act allow up to 9 NCMP. This actually encourage more ppl to join opp

4) Give the opp too much time to prepare. GE was held 2.5 months after the release of boundary. LHL should be like GCT call for an election 1-2 days after release of boundary

Last edited:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP Aljunied teams is really aggressive in their rallies straight after the Nomination Day with Low & Sylvia Lim hammering PAP all the ways in their rallies :biggrin: Low suggested a co-driver while Sylvia told people to vote for WP as not let PAP bullied us :p and also to deny PAP a two-thirdth majority in the Parliament.

The WP manifesto - Towards the First World Parliament had success in making educated Singaporeans in voting for WP and also this GE 2011 see a huge numbers of younger Singaporeans supporting Oppositions :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an opposition supporter. I have voted opp three times in as many time I voted and I am from aljunied GRC

Below is my analysis of why PAP share of vote drop to 60.1%

1) Cost of living, High HDB price, Foreign Immigration, flood issue,MSK escape etc

2) New Media

3) Changing of election act allow up to 9 NCMP. This actually encourage more ppl to join opp

4) Give the opp too much time to prepare. GE was held 2.5 months after the release of boundary. LHL should be like GCT call for an election 1-2 days after release of boundary

5) Dominance and control by a 87-88 year old man who wants people to repent.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, with the Old Dud unlikely to make it for the next GE, the future for the FAP anything but bleak unless they allow PRs to vote as well. If they dare to take such a step to sell out Sporeans, Sporeans have the right to stage a revolution.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, with the Old Dud unlikely to make it for the next GE, the future for the FAP anything but bleak unless they allow PRs to vote as well. If they dare to take such a step to sell out Sporeans, Sporeans have the right to stage a revolution.

old in death cna we live in peace.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't bet on it too early. The emperor looks decidedly healthier these couple of days talking at NTUC function. I believe he may live till 120yo.

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have the lesson that announcement of boundary just before nomination may give them surprises like Tang LH or F Seow. By announcing early they can detect where & who opp is fielding their candidates and they can response accordingly.