• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alvin Tan Saga : NUS takes disciplinary action against sex blogger

T

TuaBui

i am asking the same question
maybe he was asked to sign gag agreement... seems to be in vogue nowadays

I bet this Alvin will sooner then later play others backsides by selling

his story for MR$ !!!!!

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet this Alvin will sooner then later play others backsides by selling

his story for MR$ !!!!!

Most likely, Alvin got away lightly. The opaque way in which NUS handle this case is troubling. It does not bodes well for the push to create a mo transparent system.

T

TuaBui

Most likely, Alvin got away lightly. The opaque way in which NUS handle this case is troubling. It does not bodes well for the push to create a mo transparent system.

i bet nus will be screwed again and again by

this joker .

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bet nus will be screwed again and again by

this joker .

Let's try to find out who were presiding over his case on the BOD now so that we can shame them later when the whole thing explodes in their face. What say you, Mdm Tang?

T

TuaBui

Let's try to find out who were presiding over his case on the BOD now so that we can shame them later when the whole thing explodes in their face. What say you, Mdm Tang?

Hey , wrong clone !!!

T

TuaBui

Netizens are questioning why Alvin Tan's punishment

is kept confidential when NUS made China scholar's public?

NUS decision "见不到光" ?

http://singaporenewsalternative.blogspot.sg/2012/11/netizens-are-questioning-why-is-alvin.html

The National University of Singapore is keeping mum about the punishment meted out to sex blogger Alvin Tan Jye Yee, 24, (right) raising the question as to why this is so when the punishment against NUS China scholar Sun Xu (left) who insulted Singaporeans, was made public.
Earlier in March, NUS scholar from China, Mr Sun Xu, commented on facebook that Singaporeans are 'gangsters' and 'dogs'. Angry netizens called for his scholarship to be revoked and Sun Xu also threatened a local blogger online.
Similarly, he was dealt with by the university, but unlike Alvin Tan's case, the school announced the punishment meted out to him.

T

TuaBui

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/10/31/nation/20121031151442&sec=nation

SINGAPORE: Sex blogger Alvin Tan apologised to the National University of Singapore (NUS) for bringing "disrepute" to the university.

The Straits Times quoted him as telling the NUS disciplinary board that while he was sorry for bringing disrepute to the institution, what he did was done in his “own personal time as a private individual and not an NUS student.”

“What I did was a victimless crime,” the Straits Times website quoted him as saying. “Nobody was really harmed or hurt in the process.”

Tan, 24, emerged from the NUS' University Hall at about 3.50pm on Wednesday after a 90-minute disciplinary hearing.

He looked calm and openly spoke to the media who greeted him.

Tan said that there was no outcome yet from the hearing, which was conducted by five members of the university's board.

"They told me I will hear from them within seven days. The atmosphere at the hearing was serious," he said.

Earlier, the law student arrived at NUS at about 2.20pm without his girlfriend, Vivian Lee, 23.

Tan, an Asean scholarship holder, was casually clad in a red shirt, jeans and a colourful beanie which he wore in one of his videos

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems to be sun xu was the one who got off lightly...

Actually, that some sanctions were imposed on on Sun Xu came as a surprise to me. On the other hand, Alvin Tan's case is one of gross indecency, and added to that his subsequent remarks maligned S'pore and its system, and he even said he had factored-in the possibility of being expelled from NUS.

Now the complete silence from both sides only deepens the mystery and leads to much unnecessary speculation.

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe there is no punishment at all or only a warning, small fine and/or some hours of social works that's why they rather keep silent but it backfired obviously