• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All this trouble just for asking $50 for 6 months

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Stop donating to ST Pocket Money Fund !</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">May-11 7:40 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 10) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>50789.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt id=msgtxt_1>Stop donating to the Straits Times Pocket Money Fund

PostDateIcon.png
May 11th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Now that the election is over and our government promising to listen and help Singaporeans more, it remind me of my personal experience which had never give me a good impression of the ST Pocket Money Fund by the Straits Times Group which is part of our government machinery.
I was unemployed for over 2 and half years with 3 children attending school surviving on my wife $900 salary. In 2009, my eldest daughter pleaded with me to apply for the ST fund. I told her that this fund is just another hungry funding mechanism to entice the citizen into donating endlessly. She is not contended with my explanation and hence I submit my application to the FSC at Towner.
I was asked to attend an interview with my daughter. The officer informed me that besides submitting the income document, they also need to come to my house to interview my wife and other children. She also mentioned I also had to show all bank statement and all other payment default before she can proceed with my application. All this trouble just for asking $50 for 6 months. On the spot, my daughter told me to drop the application and she return home disappointed.
In the next election, my 2 daughters will be eligible to vote. Base on their personal experience, do you think they will vote for the PAP who promise the moon?
In conclusion, please help to inform to all around you to stop donating to ST Pocket Money Fund. Instead encourage them to donate to other religious group or other charities who are much more sincere and forthcoming in helping the needy. Besides, let stop this huge fund before it end up like our NKF, Ren Ci and next?.
Christopher

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow he must be a really shitty father to have to resort to asking for $50 for 6 months

dankos

to be fair, this ST pocket $ fund seems like being prudent in doing the income and backgrd check. if approve too easily will be deem irresponsible.

that guy just becos didn't get the fund threatened not to vote for pap. this type of guy will simply switch allegiance to whoever offers him some $. disregarding the fact that he has lost his job for 2.5 years, his guy is simply an asshole. give him $ he will vote for u. his vote is really cheap. wtf. tiu.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Wow he must be a really shitty father to have to resort to asking for $50 for 6 months

Please don't be so quick to judge. There are many reasons why someone does not work. There could be reasons beyond our comprehension. For e.g. The lost of the use of his limbs, sickness, maybe even retrenched and cannot get another job, or even a combination of reasons.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think everyone suka suka likes to ask for help is it? You fucker! :oIo:

Sinkieland is full of fuckers like you who judge without finding out more first.

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wife earn $900 a month and he is desperate for money but still rich enough to have an internet line :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, don't be so mean lah. Maybe he is really at his wits end.

:(

hi there

1. nicky, bingo!
2. honest, the father must have done all that he can to resort to that.
3. those "stupid" and tedious sop and procedures of checking and "inspecting" just create workload and jobs mah!
4. plus the waiting time.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife earn $900 a month and he is desperate for money but still rich enough to have an internet line :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pap dog,

u so early come here n post? no need to work? later got some anonymous email send to your HR or GM complaining about your slackness then how :eek::rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap dog,

u so early come here n post? no need to work? later got some anonymous email send to your HR or GM complaining about your slackness then how :eek::rolleyes:

I am at home now packing my bags for the next trip. My boss is away in China, he won't complain about me, don't worry

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am at home now packing my bags for the next trip. My boss is away in China, he won't complain about me, don't worry

i am not worry about u pap dog. i am watching u. hahaha. u everyday also at home pack bag u mean? u think i just have the record for today.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fucking Char lAtan, nowadays you still use snail mail to apply for jobs right? By the time your application reaches the office, the jobs will already have been snapped up by FTs. Sorry, I forgot that dogs like you don't need to apply for jobs. Hope you have been neutered so that you don't go around sowing your stupid seeds. :oIo:

Last edited:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap dog,

i suggest u dun post so many and log in for so many hours during office days. up to u whether u listen or not.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun understand how can someone be jobless for 2.5 years? In the worst case, he could have just taken up anything and it would be at least 600 per month. Better than not doing anything.

He want free money but dun want people to ask and find out more?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no F**king respect for useless people who want handouts but don't want to go through some paper work to get it.

So maybe they should ust have a hotline where you call, say you poor, giver your bukit timah address, and wait for the cheque?? PUI!

Kojakbt: Pl tell him to have some dignity!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since de daughter oredi can vote in nxt election...dey mus b ard 15-18...shd b at least higher sec or tertiary education...an internet account is quite mandatory for projects and other comm purposes...i m surprise some here feel it's a luxury...i tell u wat is a luxury...paying some jackass 3.8m per annual jus 2 screw u ish a luxury...:rolleyes: