• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All opposition already stood by what LTK said - no opposition unity

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond invited RP to share the rally. KJ wholeheartedly rejected it. KJ shared the same belief as WP.

If Chee Soon Juan wanted SDA and RP to unite under SDP umbrealla to consolidate its power. What do you think Desmond and KJ will say,
Aye or Nya?

From the above, we have to agree with WP LTK for his great foresight that oppositions talked about unity is just...talk. Nothing more.

Tell me, which opposition war lords agreed to be the subject of the greater WP or any other parties? None, consolidation of power is non-existence. Live with it.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the opposition leaders when they say "opposition unity" they really mean "you suck as a party, so you should give way to me".

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3 parties that had the lowest percentage votes against PAP during GE2011 -- SDP, RP & SDA -- should unite. The 3 leaders -- Chee, Jeya & Desmond -- can decide who leads by doing lom cham pas. I am sure those calling for opposition unity will approve of this arrangement. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 3 parties that had the lowest percentage votes against PAP during GE2011 -- SDP, RP & SDA -- should unite. The 3 leaders -- Chee, Jeya & Desmond -- can decide who leads by doing lom cham pas. I am sure those calling for opposition unity will approve of this arrangement. :biggrin:

GMS will have nothing to say if WP has provened that all these 3 parties will start bickering to see who wanted to lead or benefit the most, than there will be internal quarrel, than unite than break up. Eventually, they prefer to be on their own again, like what LTK has foreseen. It is better to grow your own party with your own manifesto than to talk about unity.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Opposition unity can never happen. SDA SPP RP and SDP will never unite amongst themselves, let alone WP uniting with them. LTK was stating facts, its the unquenchable ego and pig-headedness of current opposition leaders that try to close the truth off from their own eyes.

Desmond invited RP to share the rally. KJ wholeheartedly rejected it. KJ shared the same belief as WP.

If Chee Soon Juan wanted SDA and RP to unite under SDP umbrealla to consolidate its power. What do you think Desmond and KJ will say,
Aye or Nya?

From the above, we have to agree with WP LTK for his great foresight that oppositions talked about unity is just...talk. Nothing more.

Tell me, which opposition war lords agreed to be the subject of the greater WP or any other parties? None, consolidation of power is non-existence. Live with it.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition unity can never happen. SDA SPP RP and SDP will never unite amongst themselves, let alone WP uniting with them. LTK was stating facts, its the unquenchable ego and pig-headedness of current opposition leaders that try to close the truth off from their own eyes.

SPP form because of SDP coup, how to unite?

SPP left SDA because Desmond Lim sexposed KJ unreasonable condition for joining SDA... he was afraid that KJ would overshadow him in SDA..., how to unite

Ben Pwee left SPP because he cant wait to overthrown Chiam

notice the common thread on everything? Chiam See Tong

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't say it's impossible. Maybe if the stars aligned and some of the other leaders wake up their idea, it can happen.
At the moment I just don't see it happening.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't say it's impossible. Maybe if the stars aligned and some of the other leaders wake up their idea, it can happen.
At the moment I just don't see it happening.

Opposition unity can happen when some of the weaker parties die and the rest of the people vote with their feet and make their way to other parties.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Opposition unity can happen when some of the weaker parties die and the rest of the people vote with their feet and make their way to other parties.

I have mentioned in another thread that opposition unity is best done at administrative and operational level in managing a town without the hindrance of stupid clause seen in AIM scandal. Opposition should focus on fighting national agenda since each one has their own unique manisfesto.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS will have nothing to say if WP has provened that all these 3 parties will start bickering to see who wanted to lead or benefit the most, than there will be internal quarrel, than unite than break up. Eventually, they prefer to be on their own again, like what LTK has foreseen. It is better to grow your own party with your own manifesto than to talk about unity.

SPP/NSP/SDA/RP had already proven the bickering is inevitable.

But that does not stop Rabid GohMS from his usual mouth diarrhea

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these opposition can't even unite among themselevs, still want to ask wp to unite with them? they are trying to ride on the success of wp.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP form because of SDP coup, how to unite?

SPP left SDA because Desmond Lim sexposed KJ unreasonable condition for joining SDA... he was afraid that KJ would overshadow him in SDA..., how to unite

Ben Pwee left SPP because he cant wait to overthrown Chiam

notice the common thread on everything? Chiam See Tong

Disagree. What is stopping SDA, SDP, NSP, RP from uniting under 1 entity now?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ claims he is the BESTEST person for the parliament to check on PAP,,,

SDP Thambeh, Vincent CSJ proclaims able to provide alternative policies,,,,

NSP also provodes alternative policies,,,,

SDA Desmond Lim thinks he is a determined leader,,,

what unity? no need la,,,

best man wins,,,,

hope someone go and start walk about in tankong pagar, guaranteed LKY will not be running in Tanjong Pagar,,,,

3 years work,,,, please target tanjong pagar

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KJ claims he is the BESTEST person for the parliament to check on PAP,,,

SDP Thambeh, Vincent CSJ proclaims able to provide alternative policies,,,,

NSP also provodes alternative policies,,,,

SDA Desmond Lim thinks he is a determined leader,,,

what unity? no need la,,,

best man wins,,,,

hope someone go and start walk about in tankong pagar, guaranteed LKY will not be running in Tanjong Pagar,,,,

3 years work,,,, please target tanjong pagar

What I suggest is to have an election for opposition member of a ward and have opposition members who wish to stand for election in the ward stand in the ward. Only the winner of this will have the right to stand for election here. Any other will be considered spoiler. One exception would be WP as they have declared they would not have anything to do with this unity thing. So there could still be a 3CF. And there would still be a decision to make on whether to stand for election.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Theoretically it sounds like a good idea, but in practice it doesn't work out very well because nothing is stopping PAP supporters from joining in and deliberately voting for the weaker candidate. It happened to a small extend in the Republican Primary for the nomination of Mitt Romney - look up "Operation Hilarity".

Also, I think WP would happily participate in this "primary" - if you think about it, they have nothing to lose.

But really, a runoff based voting system would be a better system.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
But really, a runoff based voting system would be a better system.

The only people who can vote on a constitutional amendment right now is the PAP and they would never vote for a runoff based voting system, since this would mean they would lose all their advantages in multi-cornered fights.

By the way - extent not extend.