• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
My jb kaki reco me buy this car last week damn value for $.
Actually Proton/perodua local makes quite popular for car thefts.
Maybe because high demand for it's parts & huge numbers so more thefts?
Anyway my JB friend drives a Hilux(Alibaba FAV) past 2yrs no issue.
He say if u SUAY what u drive also will get stolen. Just exercise precaution.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My jb kaki reco me buy this car last week damn value for $.
Actually Proton/perodua local makes quite popular for car thefts.
Maybe because high demand for it's parts & huge numbers so more thefts?
Anyway my JB friend drives a Hilux(Alibaba FAV) past 2yrs no issue.
He say if u SUAY what u drive also will get stolen. Just exercise precaution.

It is very good value and you can be assured of quality. They sold 4000 cars within 5 days already.
95% Malaysian vendors is true but not exactly true. The engine plant and the gear box plant are in Malaysia but 100% Japanese owned. The technical aspects are all Japanese supplied and tested in Japan.
The engine plant is actually belong Toyota.

atyyy

Just learnt from a JB car salesperson that S'porean women married to Malaysian men can apply to LTA and obtain approval to drive M'sian car into S'pore. This is what I heard, coming from a car salesperson who has been in the trade for a long time.

Any idea how many days allowed to drive in??

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very good value and you can be assured of quality. They sold 4000 cars within 5 days already.
95% Malaysian vendors is true but not exactly true. The engine plant and the gear box plant are in Malaysia but 100% Japanese owned. The technical aspects are all Japanese supplied and tested in Japan.
The engine plant is actually belong Toyota.

Buying it is the least of your concern. Whats after that is the inconvenient of owning it.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just learnt from a JB car salesperson that S'porean women married to Malaysian men can apply to LTA and obtain approval to drive M'sian car into S'pore. This is what I heard, coming from a car salesperson who has been in the trade for a long time.

He didn't tell you the full story.
A Malaysian driving a MY plate car into SG must not be a SPR.
A Singaporean cannot drive a MY plate car into SG.
However, there are exceptions.
SPR or Singaporean, who works and live for more than 182 days in MY can apply for a waiver to drive a MY plate car into SG and pay the VEP.
Apparently, you may be paying lesser for the car in MY but you still have to pay for the cost of driving in, like a Malaysian.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPR or Singaporean, who works and live for more than 182 days in MY can apply for a waiver to drive a MY plate car into SG and pay the VEP.
Apparently, you may be paying lesser for the car in MY but you still have to pay for the cost of driving in, like a Malaysian.

Thank for the invaluable information. It gives me food for thoughts if I should sell off my SG plate car.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

May need to produce MY work permit and car has to be 6 hours outside of Singapore everyday.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So buying MY made cars means you have an 80% chance of it being stolen!:eek:

I've started my brother's Saga before with a generic key, you'll be surprised by the level of security some old cars have.

Also i heard that quite a lot of thefts are due to insurance fraud, anyway, we wont know unless directly involved.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've started my brother's Saga before with a generic key, you'll be surprised by the level of security some old cars have.

Also i heard that quite a lot of thefts are due to insurance fraud, anyway, we wont know unless directly involved.

Well, it shows that their national cars are in high demand...even thefts are patriotic! LOL!:biggrin:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it shows that their national cars are in high demand...even thefts are patriotic! LOL!:biggrin:

Demand for spare parts is very high for proton cars. The infamous window motor have to change like 2 times/year, but luckily its like RM100+/time or less if the workshop got "lobang" :p

porscheclub

It's very troublesome. You need to inform LTA eg. 5 days in advance of your intended date of entry etc. but there are Singaporeans who work in Malaysia that do it. Just visit LTA site to find out more.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. You can now check and pay vehicle summons at the Gelang Patah Rest and Service Area (RSA).
Only for non-Malaysian registered cars.
Payment machine accepts Singapore credit cards only.
Or visit this site: https://www.myeg.com.my/

Msia Police Summons Payment Booth_26 Sep 2016-1.jpgMsia Police Summons Payment Booth2_26 Sep 2016-1.jpg

Attachments

• Msia Police Summons Payment Booth2_26 Sep 2016.jpg
    Msia Police Summons Payment Booth2_26 Sep 2016.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Msia Police Summons Payment Booth_26 Sep 2016.jpg
    Msia Police Summons Payment Booth_26 Sep 2016.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 288

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Volkswagen moves Asia-Pacific aftersales hub to Malaysia – faster supply of spare parts to region

The Volkswagen Group has announced that it is moving its Asia-Pacific regional aftersales centre from Singapore to Malaysia, in order to facilitate a more efficient supply of genuine parts. From 2018, the new hub in Johor Bahru will serve 28 markets in the region.

To be constructed in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) free trade area starting in January, the new Volkswagen Group regional centre for original parts will have a direct connection to the port, eliminating the need for intermediate handling. As such, the logistics process will become more efficient and environmentally-friendly.
With the new centre in Tanjung Pelepas, parts will be supplied to South-East Asian markets faster, with regional retail outlets receiving up to two deliveries per day once it is up and running. There are also plans for the aftersales activities of other brands in the Volkswagen Group to be integrated later on, as well as the regional pooling of the delivery chain for genuine parts.

“Over the past few years, the Asia-Pacific region has recorded steady growth. The expansion and the relocation of our regional genuine parts center from Singapore to Malaysia reflect the significance and potential of these growing markets and will lay the foundation for further growth. Malaysia will be the new hub for aftersales logistics in the region,” said Volkswagen Group aftersales head Imelda Labbé.

Volkswagen Group South-East Asia after sales director Marcus Edelmann said, “Our new regional logistics centre will allow us to supply parts throughout the region even faster than before. From 2018, directly connected dealerships in Singapore and Malaysia will receive two deliveries per day. This will significantly improve our customer service in the region at the same time as laying the foundation for further growth.”