• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to frequent the Mechanic Shop near Station one. the yellow signboard Michellin Tyre shop.

My feedback:

Lately the boss has gone cold and indifferent.

Their prices are not as reasonable as before.

I even think they screw up in terms of servicing. Coz after the major servicing I seem to have additional problems with the car.

Need to warn forummers to be careful.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to patronize the Yellow signboard Michellin Tyre shop.

For sometime now based on publicity in this forum the boss has gone cold and indifferent.

In addition their prices have climbed upwards.

just a warning to forrumers to consider other quotes / shops before proceeding with this shop.

I did a major servicing here and guess what ended up with additional issues.

Actually I'm on the lookout for an honest n reliable workshop now

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need help urgently!!!!

Yesterday when parking kana the door on pillar. Anyone kind enough to recommend good and affordable repair shop doing dent and alignment repair. Painting also needed. Thks

For best result, you have to go back to car dealer but it is costly. For cheaper solution but not necessary the best, in JB opposite Bestmart in Nusa Bestari behind the row of eateries in front there are a lot of car repair/servicing shop. I haven't tried there but you can check out a few to get best quotes.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not realise those shops you mentioned were an option.

I'm sick of the Ah Meng guys shop. The overseas tyre shop.

His prices have only been moving one way....that's northward.

I won't even comment that his service is good.

Coz I have few issues with him.

And I din even bargain.

Paid him what he asked for

The search for a good car mechanic and an honest one never ends

For best result, you have to go back to car dealer but it is costly. For cheaper solution but not necessary the best, in JB opposite Bestmart in Nusa Bestari behind the row of eateries in front there are a lot of car repair/servicing shop. I haven't tried there but you can check out a few to get best quotes.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u r able to get your car to spore then I can recommend a reliable workshop and kranji, Toh Ah Swee. Recommended in many car forums. And I personally feel the price is reasonable. Cheers.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok wuqi bro. I got it Liao. Sorry to pm you asking again.

Cheers bro. Thank you.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

And I din even bargain.

Yup, I also kenna one shop in Bukit Indah who tried to jack up prices of the parts. I din go back after that! Another car servicing shop down the road gave me a better deal so I think I will stick with that shop for my future servicing. Servicing in Singapore with the authorised car dealer will cost me 3 times more, not counting the waiting time.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

And I din even bargain.

Good feedback, thanks for sharing this. Its really sad if you are a regular and yet he does this to you.
I will monitor and delete him from the list if i hear one more such complaint.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually last time this guy was ok.

He only did what was required.

No over charging. No recommendations... nothing.

I liked the shop.

Now I feel too much popularity on this website has made him believe that there is no shortage of money.

Now he over charges for parts n service.

Plus Ah Meng used to be friendly last time.

Now cold.

Good feedback, thanks for sharing this. Its really sad if you are a regular and yet he does this to you.
I will monitor and delete him from the list if i hear one more such complaint.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think abit hard to find a gd and reasonable meachnic in BI .
Last week I went to the tyre shop opp S11 to do wheels alignment , the supervisor told me , my tyres are the prob , need to change to michelin tyres so that my wheels wont go to left side so much ....

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of months back I had a similar issue at the overseas tyre shop.

That's why I'm so annoyed with them.

A few rounds of bad experience with the Overseas Tyre shop yellow signposts next TO station one.

He said that a connecting nut was bent and he charged me Rm 150 for that nut.

I'm none the wiser if that was required or not.

And a few more experiences after that.

I'm done with them.

No more.

Maybe others have had better experiences and I do not grouch that

i think abit hard to find a gd and reasonable meachnic in BI .
Last week I went to the tyre shop opp S11 to do wheels alignment , the supervisor told me , my tyres are the prob , need to change to michelin tyres so that my wheels wont go to left side so much ....

Last edited:

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually last time this guy was ok.

He only did what was required.

No over charging. No recommendations... nothing.

I liked the shop.

Now I feel too much popularity on this website has made him believe that there is no shortage of money.

Now he over charges for parts n service.

Plus Ah Meng used to be friendly last time.

Now cold.

You are right. We went to him after recommendation from this website but found him to be cold, arrogant and overpriced!

eagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both me and my friend used to go to this oversea tyre shop.
And both of us had bad bad experiences with their workmanship and charges, ended up we spent more time and monies to repaired our cars at others workshop.
I would say avoid this Overcharge Tyre workshop at all cost.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think best not to broadcast gd workshops etc in open forum , the shops owners became proud and service sucks .
Just like Hing Huat Furnitures , i bought 1 chest drawer from them and realised another shop with same design and comes with locks are RM60 cheaper !

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this forum is for sharing of good and bad contacts. If everyone keep their contacts by thenselves i think this forum will be very quiet. SHARING is utmost important in this particular thread.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this forum is for sharing of good and bad contacts. If everyone keep their contacts by thenselves i think this forum will be very quiet. SHARING is utmost important in this particular thread.

can share good contacts thru pm . share bad contacts in forum.

i shared some gd contacts before and ppl used my name and smelly pattern come out and dun pay contractors on time .....

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you are absolutely right.

It's plain greed and avarice.

And I must add that some Singaporeans have spoiled market.

Last time he used to do a trade off between charging higher for parts and labour.

Now this OVerSeas guy talk s about extra labour cost in addition to the even higher price.

Previously he never mentioned the phrase labour cost at all

Recommending things that you do not need.

overcharging.

i think best not to broadcast gd workshops etc in open forum , the shops owners became proud and service sucks .
Just like Hing Huat Furnitures , i bought 1 chest drawer from them and realised another shop with same design and comes with locks are RM60 cheaper !

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Id love to highlight the black sheep.

Sorry I'm just angry by how this guy has changed colors.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you are absolutely right.

It's plain greed and avarice.

And I must add that some Singaporeans have spoiled market.

Last time he used to do a trade off between charging higher for parts and labour.

Now this OVerSeas guy talk s about extra labour cost in addition to the even higher price.

Previously he never mentioned the phrase labour cost at all

Recommending things that you do not need.

overcharging.

actually i shared my views when i used this satu malaysia last yr liao , the korean parts he charged me was 3 times more than in SG .... one time biz fr me only!