• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi wuqi,
would you recommend a used car dealer in Johor ?
where can I go - to view most selection of cars ?
I'm looking to buy a reliable, pre-owned car
Thanks

I would go to Mr Tey, he is based nearby Bukit Indah, from Perling toll side towards the Pasir Gudang highway.

+6012 738 2676 - Tell him the guy who always told him to buy property since few years ago (but he never did) introduce you. There is no introduction or commission for me so if he won't give you further discount, say to him this deal nothing to the introducer. Friends got a few from him and still uses him.

The other car dealer you can look for is Carwins where they have a no gimmick car dealership that is slightly pricier but their cars are in pretty good and reliable condition. I would rather pay more than to have a car that breaks down on me especially in the middle of nowhere (my favourite roaming areas).
http://www.carlist.my/used-cars/seller/66326/store/carwins-wheel-sdn-bhd.html

Else, buy a new Perodua, reasonable and reliable. My German friend love it to bits as a get around car.
+6012 762 7625. Call Allan, he can deduct a few hundred for you that is meant for commissions. Tell him the guy who doesn't want commissions introduced you. For a Perodua Alza, the comms should be around 300 RM.

Allota

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheaper Car Insurance

Hi all, any recommendation for car insurance, cheaper premium. I'm a few day old driver, just got a car. Seeing into insurance now, need help in choosing cheap insurance

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cheaper Car Insurance

Direct Asia cuts out the middleman for you so no agent fees

your driving record spotless i hope :smile:

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

why buy a car if you can't afford the insurance? :biggrin:

sekali you langah other people's car, and your insurance dun pay how? :biggrin:

Last edited:

sunlee2002

Alfrescian
Loyal

insurance is not just about cheap, more importantly is the coverage isnt it.. but i think generally car insurance singapore mostly covers the same benefits, so you can look out if they have value plans (eg. posb driveshield)

CokeBear

Alfrescian
Loyal
daily commute from JB to SG, need advise on where to park...

Hi all,

I have been commuting daily from JB into Singapore, but always park my car at very expensive place...

just wondering anyone have some good advise where to park my car? Was wondering where would be the best place to park near the MRT which doesn't cost me a fortune...

btw, I am using a Malaysia car, so, from what i have heard, I cannot use park and ride. :\

thank you in advance! :biggrin:

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: daily commute from JB to SG, need advise on where to park...

Singapore Turf Club @ $5, walk to Kranji MRT and near to Woodlands immigration.

CokeBear

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi Contrarian, thanks for the advise :smile:

I always thought turf club parking only opens if there's a race going (not other time) ? is it a 24/7 parking or there's a certain time that will open? am going to give it a try :smile:

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oops. Sorry you are correct, race days only.

hi Contrarian, thanks for the advise :smile:

I always thought turf club parking only opens if there's a race going (not other time) ? is it a 24/7 parking or there's a certain time that will open? am going to give it a try :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ,
Any guys got contact to rent a car or van in Nusajaya ? Need to standby at least one contact in case I need . Last month car breakdown for a few days , cant find a single car for rent . Need to take cab , sibeh troublesome . Understand that no one is in this car rental biz , in Nusajaya Area . All located at JB city or Airport.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ,
Any guys got contact to rent a car or van in Nusajaya ? Need to standby at least one contact in case I need . Last month car breakdown for a few days , cant find a single car for rent . Need to take cab , sibeh troublesome . Understand that no one is in this car rental biz , in Nusajaya Area . All located at JB city or Airport.

you could have rent from wuqi256,he have a few car leh.hahaha

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
NST: LOWER PRICES: A lot of promotions by vehicle manufacturers
*KUALA LUMPUR: THOSE interested in buying cars have been told to take advantage of recently lowered prices by car makers. Malaysia Automotive Institute chief executive officer Mohamad Madani Sahari said they should grab the goodies "thrown in like never before" by car makers.
He said so far, the price reduction among popular cars had reached 4.3 per cent and that this would continue over a period of five years.
"Consumers can choose to buy these cheaper cars now. Apart from the gradual price reduction, there are a lot of promotions by car manufacturers. So, consumers need to grab this opportunity now.
"When the momentum picks up, there will be fewer promotions. So, do not wait," he told the New Straits Times yesterday.
He said for the first four months of the year, car sales had increased by 11.8 per cent compared with the same period last year. "We have to wait for the May figures as they have yet to be announced."
Madani said the government started the liberalisation in stages from the start of the Asean Free Trade Agreement in 2006 and its full implementation in 2010.
Full implementation means zero per cent import duties effective January 2010.
"Another important point is that from 2010, there is no quantity limitation of cars to be imported within Asean."
The 2009 National Automotive Policy (NAP), he said, had liberalised manufacturing licences for electric vehicles and the assembly of hybrids in Malaysia.
NAP 2013 would further liberalise the market, where manufacturing licences for environment-friendly vehicles (EFV) would have no more limitation in terms of engine capacity and prices.
The free trade agreements (FTA) with Japan and Australia, which started in 2006 and 2013 respectively, will be fully implemented by 2016. The FTAs with the European Union and Trans-Pacific Partnership nations are in progress.
Madani said import duties within Asean were already at zero per cent from January 2010, while import duties from Japan and Australia would be at zero per cent in 2016.
"With this liberalisation being implemented in stages, the industry will become more competitive, meaning, more manufacturers and models will come to Malaysia.
The government has informed industry players about this liberalisation and competition is coming. They need to be ready and enhance their competitiveness."
He said local car makers, Proton and Perodua, had developed a competitiveness roadmap over the next five years, as had other foreign manufacturers.
These improvements and value- added activities, he added, were lowering the cost of operations and products.
Madani said Proton, for instance, had revised prices of its models from this month.
The automotive industry last year contributed 3.2 per cent to the country's gross domestic product. Madani said the forecast for this year was 3.4 per cent.
Meanwhile, Malaysia Automotive Association president Datuk Aishah Ahmad said it would be up to the companies to decide on the models whose prices would be slashed and the percentage of reduction.
"It is up to their marketing strategies and how they will be increasing their leverage or or even how competitive they want to be. Slowly, but surely, more companies will reduce prices in the next few years.
"It is now time to wait for car companies to echo the government's initiative by implementing it," Aishah said, adding that the government's plan to gradually reduce prices of cars by between 20 and 30 per cent in the next five years was feasible.
Seasoned automotive consultant Devindran Ramanathan lauded the government's plan to gradually reduce car prices.
Last month, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak reaffirmed the government's commitment to reduce car prices in stages. Barisan Nasional had, in its election manifesto, promised to review the NAP to reduce the prices of cars by between 20 and 30 per cent in stages and raise the competitiveness of national cars.
Since October, the prices of 10 car models have been reduced by an average of 7.3 per cent.

Extracted From NST

Last edited:

jayzbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thread. Have a friend who just asked me where to service Honda cars, the older civic type models 10+ years old... Any ideas folks?