• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Life in JB without a car..

sorry pasar bakti terminal or kotaraya II is actually where the now SMRT bus 950 terminate. next to persada opposite landmark building.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

_temp-map-city-lounge.jpg

Is it the Kotaray terminal (red in pircture) opposite Landmark Mall?

Quite confusing .... I notice the taxi opposite Kotaraya Galleria is only travelling within JB.

http://www.senaiairport.com/temp/images/_temp-map-city-lounge.jpg

is opposite kotaraya galleria

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup kotaraya 2 is the light blue roof building at the lower right corner.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wrote to them recently as well for the benefit of everyone, confirm that this scheme exists but that one needs to be having a work permit and also proof of residence, etc:

I refer to our telephone conversation a while ago.

Under the Road Traffic Act, a Singapore citizen, a Singapore permanent resident (PR), a resident of Singapore or an employment pass or work permit holder is not allowed to use or keep a foreign-registered (including a Malaysia) vehicle in Singapore.

However, in recognition of the needs of bona fide Singaporeans or Singapore PRs working and residing in Malaysia to make home visits to Singapore, we could consider you for the special concession scheme. Under the scheme, all approved applicants are allowed to drive their Malaysia-registered cars into Singapore for all weekends, all Singapore public holidays and another 28 weekdays in a calendar year. Approval will be given on a case-by-case basis with consideration to the following:

(i) The applicant (his spouse or his company) is the registered owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is rented/leased by his company, he has to submit an official letter from the company stating the period the vehicle is leased for and that the vehicle is provided solely for his use;
(ii) He is working and residing in Malaysia;
(iii) He is required to apply to LTA for approval when his earlier approval letter has expired (i.e. upon expiry of this vehicle’s insurance/ road tax or 6 mths, whichever is earlier);
(iv) His vehicle has a valid Malaysia road tax disc and insurance coverage for the period it is used in Singapore; and
(v) He must keep, in each of his visit, his vehicle outside Singapore before the expiry of 14 days from the date of the last entry.

If you wish to apply for the scheme, please fax your request and the following documents to us at (02)-65535329:

(i) A photocopy of your Singapore identity card (front and reverse sides);
(ii) A photocopy of your passport with the relevant page of your employment pass endorsed by Malaysian Immigration or Malaysian identity card;
(iii) An updated copy of the letter from your company confirming that you are currently working and residing in Malaysia;
(iv) Copies of the FORM 49 or FORM D to confirm your business in Malaysia;
(v) A photocopy of your vehicle’s valid registration card (front and reverse sides) with ownership and latest valid road tax endorsement by Road Transport Department, Malaysia;
(vi) A photocopy of your vehicle’s valid insurance certificate;
(vii) If the vehicle in your application is registered under your company’s name (or is rented/leased by your company), we would also require a copy of your employer’s letter stating the period the vehicle is leased for and that the vehicle is given solely for your use and that only you can drive the vehicle. and
(viii) A photocopy of your marriage certificate (if using spouse vehicle).

Please also provide us your Malaysian residential address, fax number and the address during your visit in Singapore and indicate your intended date(s) of visit to Singapore.

Important Note:

Your application must reach us at least 5 working days before your intended visit to Singapore. Please note that we may not be able to process your application on time if your submission is incomplete or late.

Should you require any clarifications on the application, please email us at [email protected] or contact us at (02)-62255582 / (02)-65535504.

You may also refer to our website at http://www.lta.gov.sg=>Motoring=>Driving Into and Out Singapore=>‘West-Malaysian Registered Vehicles’=>Vehicle Entry Permit/Tolls’ or ‘Autopass card matters’ for more details.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wrote to them recently as well for the benefit of everyone, confirm that this scheme exists but that one needs to be having a work permit and also proof of residence, etc:

I refer to our telephone conversation a while ago.

Under the Road Traffic Act, a Singapore citizen, a Singapore permanent resident (PR), a resident of Singapore or an employment pass or work permit holder is not allowed to use or keep a foreign-registered (including a Malaysia) vehicle in Singapore.

So it says here "not allowed to use or keep".
Does "use" means drive only? Isn't riding in one also using too?
Shouldn't it just state "drive" instead of "use", its not clear enough.
So those who bought cars in JB but got a local to drive them into and around SG, say over the weekend, are committing a offence?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

dear all,

while doing some research on matex, I stumbled on a facebook page on Iskandar properties. Interestingly, there was a small dedicated section seeking buyers to do group buying for matex residences- which is expected to be launched in Jan 2013 by NS Global for UM Land. The owner invites all who are willing to combine effort in such purchases. Being new to such group-buying scheme, I wonder what are the key implications in such strategies. Any views?

Thanks.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro shctaw,

did you get yourself a unit there? u seem keen on this property, and the rest of Zone A.

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's simply sad to be a car enthusaist while being a Singaporean, with those cut throat COE prices it's really hard to keep a dream car in SG.
I think its possible for us sinkies to purchase used cars in JB, but how about other states like KL ? As in is it possible to purchase a car in KL with KL no plate & bring it to your JB house to keep?
I am considering building up a car for tracking purposes if I were to purchase a JB property. This is a dream that will never ever happen in SG...

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's simply sad to be a car enthusaist while being a Singaporean, with those cut throat COE prices it's really hard to keep a dream car in SG.
I think its possible for us sinkies to purchase used cars in JB, but how about other states like KL ? As in is it possible to purchase a car in KL with KL no plate & bring it to your JB house to keep?
I am considering building up a car for tracking purposes if I were to purchase a JB property. This is a dream that will never ever happen in SG...

Possible, my cousins working/living in KL own and use Ipoh/Perak registered cars. JPJ recognise all malaysian registered cars, only diff is certain number plates considered more "atas"...e.g KL "W" plates considered more "high class" than say Negeri Sembilan's "N" number plates.

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can ask the runner to register the car under other state number plate with a fee. no issue.

however if you use other state's number plate car, other user may think that you are an "outsider", still, not a major issue. but when you want to sell a "W" plate car in johor, the resale value is lower, or harder to find buyer.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, what is the price, for a 3 year-old, 1,000cc used car , in JB ? thanks

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7458/matex.jpg

Hope it is close enough to supermarket....:smile:

I like this condo as I do not even need a taxi unless I travel to other zone.

I can walk from CIQ to JB Sentral to Komtar to Matex. (all points are going to link up with perdestrain bridge before 2016.)

I am also "carless". As long as there is a supermarket located near enough, should be ok.

The nearest one i know is at the basement of city square, but its a small one. Looks quite complete though.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
moochi

how's yr car done by ah bao ?
give some feedback leh .... any after pic ?

Hi crystal, my car done liao, very 美美. Before and after picture attached.
Ha.. the singapore workshop told me bonnet very damage and must definately change to new one, cannot repair. Ah bao has shown it can be repaired. End of the day... all boils down to skills lor.. :biggrin:

Attachments

• image-1039423893.jpg
    image-1039423893.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 196
  • image-2871998189.jpg
    image-2871998189.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 233

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , great to hear that !

anyway , i think my next car wont be korean car liao , very easily dented !
just has another dent at the under of the front bumper ...coz parked too in to the kerb .....
u rem to to "huan tai sui" ....
i am going to send in my car for repair soon and hope i dun have to see ah bao again !