• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aljunied GRC Map

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electoral boundaries committee screwed themselves this time.

(1) From Aljunied GRC 2006, they moved Aljunied-Hougang into AMK GRC this GE 2011

(2) Absorbed Kaki Bukit from Marine Parade GRC into Aljunied GRC in this GE 2011

Bad move :biggrin:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

(1) From Aljunied GRC 2006, they moved Aljunied-Hougang into AMK GRC this GE 2011

(2) Absorbed Kaki Bukit from Marine Parade GRC into Aljunied GRC in this GE 2011

So if Kaki Bukit is to remain in Marine Parade GRC, do you think Marine Parade will fall instead?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So if Kaki Bukit is to remain in Marine Parade GRC, do you think Marine Parade will fall instead?

I don't think so, apparently out of the 5 wards it delivered the 3rd most WP votes. It is Eunos and Bedok-reservior area that delivered the most votes for PAP. No brainer for that one since the former MP were popular ones, Zainul and GY.

Looking at its borders, EC GRC and AMK GRC would be the best chances for them. Though of course, the dragon resides in AMK. Slaying a tiger is one thing, slaying a dragon is a different ball game altogether unless LHL proves to be unpopular enough in the level of MBT or WKS in 5 years time

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Marine Parade GRC is a better place than Ang Mo Kio GRC to contest. The highly unpopular Tin Tin, Mr Goh Chok Tong most will not contest next election and the fact that Marine Parade shares many boundaries with Aljunied GRC makes it a prime area for Workers' Party to contest. The dragon prince is a different ball thing, together, he is considered popular and he seems to be intent on reforming the government makes Ang Mo Kio GRC higly unlikely to fall to the Alternatives even if WP are to send a team to contest there.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so, apparently out of the 5 wards it delivered the 3rd most WP votes. It is Eunos and Bedok-reservior area that delivered the most votes for PAP. No brainer for that one since the former MP were popular ones, Zainul and GY.

Looking at its borders, EC GRC and AMK GRC would be the best chances for them. Though of course, the dragon resides in AMK. Slaying a tiger is one thing, slaying a dragon is a different ball game altogether unless LHL proves to be unpopular enough in the level of MBT or WKS in 5 years time

Wanbao reported that none of the 5 wards in Aljunied cross 50% mark for the PAP teams.

Maybe East Coast & Marine Parade provide a better chance for them. Just to headhunt high-profile candidate like Chen Show Mao to place into a good WP teams to contest in these GRC. More important a likeable face & personality too :biggrin:

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at this map, i wonder how the Electoral Boundaries Committee (aka PAP) going to gerrymandering in 2016.
Particularly tricky at
(a)Ponggol-Parir Ris (very very narrow link to Sembawang area)
(b)Marine-parade, Whampoa and AMK still have some link for manuvore, but if Marine-Parade is going to help East Coast, they cannot take care of Whampoa-Bishan area as well.

Possibly a GIANT GRC, invoking Tanjong Pagar???

Big Problem now.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at this map, i wonder how the Electoral Boundaries Committee (aka PAP) going to gerrymandering in 2016.
Particularly tricky at
(b)Marine-parade, Whampoa and AMK still have some link for manuvore, but if Marine-Parade is going to help East Coast, they cannot take care of Whampoa-Bishan area as well.

Big Problem now.

The results of GE 2011 gave Electoral Boundaries Committee a big headache to redraw the lines especially the eastern areas. 3 dangerous areas are Joo Chiat, East Coast and Marine Parade.

(1) Joo Chiat unlikely to be absorbed into East Coast or Marine Parade. If it does, the unthinkable will happen :biggrin:

(2) East Coast to be dismantle with some parts going into Tampines or Pasir Ris-Punggol :confused:

(3) Marine Parade cannot help East Coast la because both are 難兄難弟

All thanks to eastern Singaporeans :biggrin:

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Particularly tricky at

Big Problem now.

V likely lky may not contest in ge2016 so t pagar will not come into the pix.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You expect a 92-year old great grandpa in wheelchair and all the teeth missing to contest Tanjong Pagar in 2016 (presumably he is still alive and Li Hongyi has kids by then)?

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
The results of GE 2011 gave Electoral Boundaries Committee a big headache to redraw the lines especially the eastern areas. 3 dangerous areas are Joo Chiat, East Coast and Marine Parade.

(1) Joo Chiat unlikely to be absorbed into East Coast or Marine Parade. If it does, the unthinkable will happen :biggrin:

(2) East Coast to be dismantle with some parts going into Tampines or Pasir Ris-Punggol :confused:

(3) Marine Parade cannot help East Coast la because both are 難兄難弟

All thanks to eastern Singaporeans :biggrin:

Marine Parade and East Coast is very hard to redraw, due to the relatively low level of support for the PAP and it becomes a strategic battleground for the Alternative Parties, the only way the PAP can go is the cut out a few SMCs with higher support for the Alternative Parties like MacPherson or Bedok.... That will sacrifice a couple of PAP MPs like that Tin Tin, but there will be lower chance of getting 10 WP or NSP MPs in one swoop.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next step is to aim for Joo Chiat. Opposition only lost by a very small margin and the proximity to Aljunied GRC is also good.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next step is to aim for Joo Chiat. Opposition only lost by a very small margin and the proximity to Aljunied GRC is also good.

Ya, Joo Chiat will be next to fall. Yee is a local boy and will continue to work the ground. After Chan, they send a higher mortal in. How to connect?

East Coast is anticipated to fall by 2016. That's why that Zorro is brought in. The who PAPies team in East Coast is dispensable.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, Joo Chiat will be next to fall. Yee is a local boy and will continue to work the ground. After Chan, they send a higher mortal in. How to connect?

East Coast is anticipated to fall by 2016. That's why that Zorro is brought in. The who PAPies team in East Coast is dispensable.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Zorro was rumoured to be LHL's blue eye boy? He was shifted to East Coast GRC for safety reasons, but I guess PAP mis-calculated that East Coast will not be the future 'hot' battleground.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Zorro was rumoured to be LHL's blue eye boy? He was shifted to East Coast GRC for safety reasons, but I guess PAP mis-calculated that East Coast will not be the future 'hot' battleground.

The fault should be Chee Soon Juan's, no?