• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alfian Sa'at shares his thoughts on the Hari Raya Standee saga

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
1622388861633.png

It’s awful enough that they downloaded a couple’s wedding photo without permission. And then for some reason decided it would be cute to turn them into standees with the original faces punched out. (I mean would you use a couple at a Christian wedding for your Christmas decoration? ) This seemed to me the main source of the controversy. But can we also talk about all the other whack elements in this decoration?

1) What is that coconut tree doing there? KaMpUnG sPiRiT is it? And why is it lime green? I guess this is me in primary school forgetting to bring crayons to school and colouring my coconut tree with highlighter.

2) Talking about green...yes, it’s a colour conventionally associated with Islam and Hari Raya (we stole the idea for ang pows from the Chinese and turned them from red to green kan?). But do we need to have green background, green walls, green floor, green wedding songket (kesian the couple, they just wanted you for the colour of your baju)? I think my mum would have said, kenapa tak masukkan Incredible Hulk sekali?

More at https://tinyurI.com/k62tb3ta