• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alfian Saat: Chinese are hypocritical, sad and amusing.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malays are themselves a foreign race to Singapore and Malaysia. With respect to Singapore voting themselves out of Malaya, I repeat that you should go and do some required reading.

it's not my pov but the Malays treated themselves as natives of the Malaya peninsula. Malaysia and Singapore leaders were presumably happy for SG to cede away from the Federation. i repeat again. that is not much different from Malaysia rejecting SG aka kicking SG out of the Federation.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Alfian start again...

"How do Chinese clan associations (yes, they left out the 'Chinese' in the headline, and I'm left wondering if there are Indian or Filipino clan associations in Singapore) help new immigrants 'integrate' into Singapore society? How do they stress the importance of acquiring English as a Singaporean lingua franca? How can they prevent the formation of linguistic enclaves and a silo mentality, when what they do is to effectively insulate their new immigrant members from Singapore's multicultural realities? When I think of clans I don't think integration; I think of clannishness, which means tribalism, which means exclusion of others outside the group, which is in effect, a project of segregation. Headache lah like this."

http://www.facebook.com/alfiansaat/posts/519970691388626