• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Al Jazeera - Soaring prices hit Singapore's poor

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BygOYrP722Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BygOYrP722Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So was this a fair portrayer of Singapore?? Seems pretty true to me, perhaps truer then some of the locally produced reports.

So who's to blame?? High oil prices?? FT?? ERP?? :p

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister pay increased and all their civil dept.

7% GST

...................I'll leave the rest to other forummer to add on :mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So was this a fair portrayer of Singapore?? Seems pretty true to me, perhaps truer then some of the locally produced reports.

So who's to blame?? High oil prices?? FT?? ERP?? :p
Those people are just a bunch of freeloaders. They are perfectly capable of earning a living. However, those lazy good for nothings are afraid of hard work and are simply taking the easy way out.

As for that Malay woman in the video, if she's so poor, why on earth did she produce 3 kids??? People have to learn to procreate within their means.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time economy good....
hubby brings home good income....
small head win over big head....
made 3 children no problem....:p

now.....
hubby salary cant go up anymore...
bills to pay on due....
hubby stressed at work....
wifey nags here and there.....
takes his life or left home never come back....(god knows)
left wifey taking care 3 children....
economy now very jialat....
do this not enuff...
do that not enuff....
how?
who to blame?
garmen?
mother earth (for produce oil? makes countries fight)
recent wars? (makes alot of things price shoot up)
mas selamat? lol :biggrin:

nobody can ans a good ans...
even if there is...
doesnt makes sense ....
all be bless for now...........:smile:

As for that Malay woman in the video, if she's so poor, why on earth did she produce 3 kids??? People have to learn to procreate within their means.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those people are just a bunch of freeloaders. They are perfectly capable of earning a living. However, those lazy good for nothings are afraid of hard work and are simply taking the easy way out.

The Malay woman is working as a cleaner earning a mere $600 a month. This low wage can hardly support herself, let alone 3 kids in high cost S'pore.

Many in the video are elderly who still must work to get 3 meals a day and in the meantime, the govt is bent on accumulating more budget surplus, prefering to spend excessively on defence while turning a blind eye to the poverty class in S'pore.

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister pay increased and all their civil dept.

7% GST

...................I'll leave the rest to other forummer to add on :mad:
GST increase is to help the poor. Pay must match private sector to help retain and attract "talents". :o

I can partially agree, when there is free stuff being given out, there are sure to be some people who will take advantage. However there are also a lot of old folks out there collecting drink cans, cardboard trying to make ends meet which can benefit from such programs.

As for the Malay woman, well...better not say too much, but at least they are contributing to the population of Singapore?? :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... As for that Malay woman in the video, if she's so poor, why on earth did she produce 3 kids??? People have to learn to procreate within their means.
go out nid 2 spend money ... other entertainment nid money ... cd nid money n nt cheap ... oral is illegal ... :rolleyes: :p

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still remember during the mid 70s...starting salary was S$250 in a local cina bank. A plate of rice cost me only 30cents. But nowadays it cost me more than $3/-. But the starting pay for fresh entrants isnt S$2500/-?? Mere $1300 only. See the wide gap tere!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Life used to be better in Spore lah.

New generation in gov't find it easier to increase their own pay then to work hard. Older generation Sporeans were very gullible & gave carte blanche to one man. They forgot that absolute power corrupts.

Now they & their children will suffer.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
No money to buy condom lah

Malays have this talent to stretch their dollars. It shows that the situation now is even eating nasi lemak with ikan kuning/bilis for measl is a problem with the rising inflation. No one is spared from the rising costs, even those we have always assumed will eke out a living on the very basics..

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays have this talent to stretch their dollars.

I have to disagree. Our Malay brothers & sisters are not the most prudent of spenders.

It shows that the situation now is even eating nasi lemak with ikan kuning/bilis for measl is a problem with the rising inflation. No one is spared from the rising costs, even those we have always assumed will eke out a living on the very basics..

"No one is left behind."

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to disagree. Our Malay brothers & sisters are not the most prudent of spenders.

"No one is left behind."

What I meant by "stretching their dollars" includes all the hutan for their showing off too. Normally, their liquid cash, whatever little is left, is used for very basics who enabled them to feed 4 kids. Nowadays, they can't even do that.

Hutan is forever hutan lah.. now just hutan more only what :wink:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malay woman is working as a cleaner earning a mere $600 a month. This low wage can hardly support herself, let alone 3 kids in high cost S'pore.

She used to make $850 until her company got kicked out due to outsourcing but new contractor took over & cut her pay to $600.

Gahmens saves money; contractor makes money..... guess who are1133 the losers? .... beats me why gahmen says 7%GST is to help the poor?? More to help pay their super salaries...........

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

She used to make $850 until her company got kicked out due to outsourcing but new contractor took over & cut her pay to $600.

Gahmens saves money; contractor makes money..... guess who are1133 the losers? .... beats me why gahmen says 7%GST is to help the poor?? More to help pay their super salaries...........