• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air travel bubble with NZ - don't f**k it up 4G ministers!

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies need a holiday and NZ is a favourite (and affordable) destination for many Sinkies.
Air travel bubble with HK deferred because HK wants zero covid-19 cases.
Air travel bubble with Australia deferred because of outbreak of delta variant in both countries.
Most likely are air travel bubbles with countries like Taiwan and NZ.
But SG must also do its part: low covid-19 cases.
Don't f**k it up now, 4G ministers!
Don't let in CECA from high-risk countries at the expense of the mental health of Sinkies.

New Zealand to let in Covid-19 vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries next year​

New Zealand has recorded only 2,500 Covid-19 cases and 26 deaths.

New Zealand has recorded only 2,500 Covid-19 cases and 26 deaths.PHOTO: BLOOMBERG

Aug 12, 2021

WELLINGTON (REUTERS) - New Zealand plans to allow quarantine-free entry to vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries from early next year as part of a phased reopening of its borders that were shut last year due to the pandemic, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday (Aug 12).
Ms Ardern said the government will move to a new individual risk-based model for quarantine-free travel from the first quarter of 2022 that will establish low-, medium- and high-risk pathways into the country.
Vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries can travel quarantine-free, while those from medium- and high-risk countries will have to go through a combination of quarantine measures ranging from self-isolation to spending 14 days in quarantine.
"We're simply not in a position to a fully reopen just yet.
"When we move we will be careful and deliberate, because we want to move with confidence and with as much certainty as possible," Ms Ardern said in a speech at a forum about reconnecting New Zealanders to the world.
Ms Ardern has won global plaudits for containing local transmission of Covid-19 through a strict elimination strategy.

The country has recorded only 2,500 cases and 26 deaths.
She said a self-isolation pilot project will be started this year, and new testing and vaccine checking systems will be set up at the borders.
The country will also speed up its vaccination roll-out with all eligible ages able to book their vaccine slots by Sept 1, Mr Ardern said. It will also move to a six-week gap between doses to ensure more New Zealanders are at least partially vaccinated.
She said the government will maintain its elimination strategy.
"If we give up our elimination approach too soon, there is no going back and we could see significant breakouts here like some countries overseas are experiencing which have opened up early in their vaccination roll-out," Ms Ardern said.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary. I think its the kiwis with their stupid 0 level tolerance for COVID that will fark up any travel bubble or corridor. They can even fark up a travel bubble with the Aussies when one case of COVID came in. What about SG?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is SG low risk country? :o-o:
Nope.

Sg is a high risk country with all sorts of nationalities freely coming in and out, CECAkroaches bringing in whole infected families, fake certifications are accepted, free roaming of transit pax in the public areas past the immigration checkpoints, and all sorts of virus from all over the world having a jolly time cross infecting in Changi.

No Sg is high risk.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ALL countries are low risk because the virus itself is low risk. If the vaccines work as predicted Covid is even less lethal than seasonal flu.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALL countries are low risk because the virus itself is low risk. If the vaccines work as predicted Covid is even less lethal than seasonal flu.
So many break through cases they call it, vaxxing use less against new variants. :cautious:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So many break through cases they call it, vaxxing use less against new variants. :cautious:

The idea that a vaccine can eliminate infections is naive and I doubt that those in the know ever expected vaccines to extinguish Covid overnight.

What vaccines do is to either make the infection asymptomatic or reduce the severity considerably. That's what the influenza vaccine does too. It makes the symptoms a lot milder and less life threatening.

The data from Singapore illustrates this perfectly. Although 1,184 cases were fully vaccinated a whopping 99.3% either had no symptoms or mild symptoms. Only 0.7% required intervention.

Of the 1184 vaccinated cases not a single death has occurred which means the IFR for the fully vaccinated is a big fat 0. Around the the world there have been deaths amongst the fully vaccinated but the % is so low as to not be of a major concern. Communities will have to learn to accept these deaths just as we accept an IFR of about 0.1% in a bad flu year.

Amongst the unvaccinated though 0.4% have died and more than 7% required oxygen or ended up in intensive care.

To classify the vaccines are "useless" based on the current stats certainly contradicts the data.

IMG_F36CD1DA7A3C-1 copy.png

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea that a vaccine can eliminate infections is naive and I doubt that those in the know ever expected vaccines to extinguish Covid overnight.

What vaccines do is to either make the infection asymptomatic or reduce the severity considerably. That's what the influenza vaccine does too. It makes the symptoms a lot milder and less life threatening.

The data from Singapore illustrates this perfectly. Although 1,184 cases were fully vaccinated a whopping 99.3% either had no symptoms or mild symptoms. Only 0.7% required intervention.

Of the 1184 vaccinated cases not a single death has occurred which means the IFR for the fully vaccinated is a big fat 0. Around the the world there have been deaths amongst the fully vaccinated but the % is so low as to not be of a major concern. Communities will have to learn to accept these deaths just as we accept an IFR of about 0.1% in a bad flu year.

Amongst the unvaccinated though 0.4% have died and more than 7% required oxygen or ended up in intensive care.

To classify the vaccines are "useless" based on the current stats certainly contradicts the data.

View attachment 120024
Inter resting. I don't think people are denying that the vaxxings help reduce symptoms. What is not known are long term effects of an experimental vaxxing, and the extent to which natural immunity can overcome the virus on its own.

I believe a paper discusses covid trans miss ability, stating that vaxxed folks can be carriers of the virus albeit at a lower viral load. That viral load correlates to R nod or trans miss ability is tenuous at best. This was before the break through cases even happened.

There is reasonable doubt on the vaxxing being a net positive on your overall health or as an instrument to meet public health objectives. If one is compelled by circumstances to vaxx, for eg employment risk, then tough shit son. Some of us got options so people should stop begrudging our good fortune, don't you agree? :cool:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Inter resting. I don't think people are denying that the vaxxings help reduce symptoms. What is not known are long term effects of an experimental vaxxing, and the extent to which natural immunity can overcome the virus on its own.

I believe a paper discusses covid trans miss ability, stating that vaxxed folks can be carriers of the virus albeit at a lower viral load. That viral load correlates to R nod or trans miss ability is tenuous at best. This was before the break through cases even happened.

There is reasonable doubt on the vaxxing being a net positive on your overall health or as an instrument to meet public health objectives. If one is compelled by circumstances to vaxx, for eg employment risk, then tough shit son. Some of us got options so people should stop begrudging our good fortune, don't you agree? :cool:

There are long term effects for most drugs and procedures that were not envisaged at the beginning but sometimes a decision has to be made to risk it.

It's always a judgement call and in the case of Covid most of the world seems to have decided that the death rate is too high to simply sit back and let nature take its course even though that would probably be the cheapest and fastest way to transition to a point where Covid is no longer a major threat.

I don't believe the doomsday scenarios surrounding the mRNA vaccines. Most of them are just too far fetched to be remotely credible. If an alternative is not available by the end of the year I will submit myself to the risk of a Pfizer jab simply because it will improve my odds against Covid when the borders open and some point and Covid starts spreading in NZ. An elimination strategy is out of the question. It simply isn't possible.

However I'm under no illusion that it is risk free. It's just that I am at the stage of life where my chance of cancer is more than 10% so other risks are minor in comparison.

However if I was below 40 I certainly wouldn't want to roll the dice. I'd wait for an alternative.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are long term effects for most drugs and procedures that were not envisaged at the beginning but sometimes a decision has to be made to risk it.

It's always a judgement call and in the case of Covid most of the world seems to have decided that the death rate is too high to simply sit back and let nature take its course even though that would probably be the cheapest and fastest way to transition to a point where Covid is no longer a major threat.

I don't believe the doomsday scenarios surrounding the mRNA vaccines. Most of them are just too far fetched to be remotely credible. If an alternative is not available by the end of the year I will submit myself to the risk of a Pfizer jab simply because it will improve my odds against Covid when the borders open and some point and Covid starts spreading in NZ. An elimination strategy is out of the question. It simply isn't possible.

However I'm under no illusion that it is risk free. It's just that I am at the stage of life where my chance of cancer is more than 10% so other risks are minor in comparison.

However if I was below 40 I certainly wouldn't want to roll the dice. I'd wait for an alternative.
Then we are in agreement. Though have you heard of the prisoner's dilemma? Another person vaxxed increases the chance a hospital bed becomes available. Which increases survivability. Some of us just love to live dangerously don't we? :cool:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 120024

Wait. What? Why your first statement and now contradict?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoch idiot said sinkoes are on that list again? Diseased ceca virus countries have been banned by both oz and nz months ago. Shameless peasant think they are welcome

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Whoch idiot said sinkoes are on that list again? Diseased ceca virus countries have been banned by both oz and nz months ago. Shameless peasant think they are welcome

The CECA virus arrived in Auckland via Sydney.