• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AIM Saga Summary of Views

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OK, that could have been illegal. I was thinking if there was a law against AIM being in private hands - that would not have gotten past parliament.

Not sure whether there is any law against Political Parties owning companies. Probably not. Ravi Philemon has raised this question in an article ACRA and ROS should also clarify on the AIM-PAP saga. It will be of public interest for the PAP to reveal how many companies they currently owned? What were the purposes for these entities? How many of these were / are still receiving contracts from public bodies.

So you think that this "let the MND review this" thing is also a way to deflect against the charges of illegality?

I think the PM is already treating this as “Not Illegal”. Hence, it is a “review” and not an “investigations”. In any case, the govt is buying insurance against any possible adverse outcome with this sentence in MND’s statement – “Town Councils are autonomous bodies managed by elected Members of Parliament and governed by the Town Councils Act which MND administers.” Any wrongdoing has nothing to do with the govt or the PM.

Is it possible that WP will keep quiet because this situation is so fucked up that it will damage the PAP immensely without them opening their mouths? Pretty sure though we will be hearing no end of this during 2016.

WP is raising this issue in Parliament next week. Whether they will keep up the pressure or not is anybody’s guess, considering the fact that they were sitting on this for the last 18 months.

I have a feeling that WP was baiting PAP on this all along. Knowing full well that there will be a report card on TC management sometime in the future, it was likely that they were waiting for PAP to strike first before hitting back.

I would think that they still have lots of info that they are not releasing just yet. Just wonder if they have anticipated PM’s call for a review?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one wants to hear LHL talk anymore. Leegime is doomed. LHL must show with real action. But it means firing 80% of the management lackeys.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP definitely isn't keeping quiet, they have already filed a motion for the 14th Jan parliament sitting. Which might just be why LHL had to call for the review, just so that they can delay the debate.

Or provide a perfect smoke screen for a possible BE call for Punggol East...

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure whether there is any law against Political Parties owning companies. Probably not. Ravi Philemon has raised this question in an article ACRA and ROS should also clarify on the AIM-PAP saga. It will be of public interest for the PAP to reveal how many companies they currently owned? What were the purposes for these entities? How many of these were / are still receiving contracts from public bodies.

The most comic aspect of this is that they called the company "ACTION" information management, as though it wasn't necessary to hide the link to the PAP. It's almost like somebody doing a victory jig right in front of your face.

WP is raising this issue in Parliament next week. Whether they will keep up the pressure or not is anybody’s guess, considering the fact that they were sitting on this for the last 18 months.

I have a feeling that WP was baiting PAP on this all along. Knowing full well that there will be a report card on TC management sometime in the future, it was likely that they were waiting for PAP to strike first before hitting back.

I would think that they still have lots of info that they are not releasing just yet. Just wonder if they have anticipated PM’s call for a review?

It is possible that the WP decided that this would be a great time for this piece of information to be leaked out to the public, with a by-election around the corner. However, as you can see, with the likelihood that Punggol East is going to be a multi-corner fight, the PAP will still have the by-election, because they are still going to win. Unless all the opposition parties are ganging up to pull a fast one on the PAP, which is unlikely.

When it was time for Bill Clinton to manage his blowjob scandal, many people were saying that it's best to have all the information come out at once, and to control the revelation of information, instead of having each new revelation forced out of you by the press. Some of this might not be relevant because Singapore does not have a free press. But the WP could be gambling that either this incident would not be big enough to mention in its own right without the PAP mentioning the town council report card first, or they know that the closer to 2016 it is, the more damaging the revelations.

Apparently WP is not going to tackle this issue in parliament while the by-election campaign is going on at the same time. The way that the BE has been timed makes it
1. hard for people to criticise the PAP for dragging its feet over the by-election
2. hard for the WP to substantively talk about the AIM during the election campaign
3. hard for the WP and any other opposition party to quickly cut a deal if they are to avoid multi-corner fights

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this forum, i consider this the definitive thread.
hahaha...of course....if we include the 3 postings from Scroobal.....they are gems.
kukubird may be small...but i think elephants have pea brains.....hor kwah bo hor jiak.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....bloody clear cut politics of envy in play..
if Dreamer had not posted the link to LSH....scroobal would have conveniently ignored his piece(s)....
in chinese...we call this the behaviour of "small heart eye"person.

Last edited:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
in summary...

1. a group of people dont have transport, so the team of people incharge of the group took $ from the group to build a bus.
when the bus was complete, the team sold the bus to some unproven fellas. and then, the team uses the people's $ to rent the bus from the unproven fellas, to provide transportation for the people.

2. a group of people dont have water to drink, so the team of people incharge of the group took $ from the group to dig a well.
when the well was complete, the team sold the well to some unproven fellas. and then, the team uses the people's $ to rent the well from the unproven fellas, to provide water for the people.

3. a group of people dont have home to live in, so the team of people incharge of the group took $ from the group to build housing.
when the housing was complete, the team sold the housing to some unproven fellas. and then, the team uses the people's $ to rent the housing from the unproven fellas, to provide roof for the people.

if this is legit, we should strongly advocate everyone in the private & civil sector to follow.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
if this is legit, we should strongly advocate everyone in the private & civil sector to follow.

Legit and legal are different things.

Legal is what the law books say.

Since laws are written by parliament, and the PAP controls parliament, the PAP writes the laws.

So what is legal is legal whether you like it or not.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal said:
Let me summarise for those who do not have the time.

1) PAP and WP is at fault
2) WP is at fault
3) WP is at fault
4) WP is at fault
5) In conclusion WP is at fault.

ps. I am criticising WP because I want them to do better.
hahaha.....this is the definitive thread..
true to charactor, scroobal posted this in another thread...
elephants may have pea brains but i hope they are not blind......

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....what happened to this definitive thread???
how come the opps parties are not making this a BE issues....
are they still sleeping???
time to wake up as campaigning is already mid-way through????

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....what happened to this definitive thread???
how come the opps parties are not making this a BE issues....
are they still sleeping???
time to wake up as campaigning is already mid-way through????

I thought that the PAP called the by-election right now because they know that WP cannot fight AIM and Punggol East at the same time. The reason is because they have to be very careful what they say, in case they get sued for saying something that turns out to be wrong.

I think WP can mention it once or twice during their rallies, but that's about it. The PAP knows that WP cannot say anything about AIM until after it's been debated in parliament, which is why the election is now. Otherwise why would they call the election so early with some guy who's barely joined the PAP?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...u don't get sued unless u are making baseless allegations.
wp has many senior lawyers in her ranks so if they are scared...what hope is there for us peasants???
the matter has been fanned by so many people that wp owed it to us to make it hot for papee at this opportune time....
UNLESS it is all hot air and they know it...as usual the ge kiangs make the most noise.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...u don't get sued unless u are making baseless allegations.
wp has many senior lawyers in her ranks so if they are scared...what hope is there for us peasants???
the matter has been fanned by so many people that wp owed it to us to make it hot for papee at this opportune time....
UNLESS it is all hot air and they know it...as usual the ge kiangs make the most noise.

Yeh? You forgetting that TT Durai managed to sue a lot of people for making allegations that turned out to be true

Maybe you don't know what suing really means.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Possibly it could be very damaging to their own Punggol East campaign if the By Elections were after the AIM Review is released, which is why they called it early.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeh? You forgetting that TT Durai managed to sue a lot of people for making allegations that turned out to be true

Maybe you don't know what suing really means.
hahaha...a little knowledge is dangerous..
all the Durai cases mentioned never went to court....
if it went to court, the abuses would have been found out earlier.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly it could be very damaging to their own Punggol East campaign if the By Elections were after the AIM Review is released, which is why they called it early.
hahaha.....if something is obviously wrong and all the smart forummers can see and up in arms......you should use them as ammo during campaigning..
UNLESS again WP CEC has assessed them to be baseless allegations...same for the other opps parties.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....if something is obviously wrong and all the smart forummers can see and up in arms......you should use them as ammo during campaigning..
UNLESS again WP CEC has assessed them to be baseless allegations...same for the other opps parties.

The WP will not get sued for something that is obviously wrong. They will say something that can be twisted by the PAP, and that's what they'll get sued on. You do remember what Tang Liang Hong got sued for, don't you?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WP will not get sued for something that is obviously wrong. They will say something that can be twisted by the PAP, and that's what they'll get sued on. You do remember what Tang Liang Hong got sued for, don't you?
hahaha...this is my last reply to u....
yes...u have to choose your words carefully...that's also where competent lawyers have an edge.
about twisting of words ..my idol is the master.
anyway, we are talking about AIM affairs....period.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite wisely so. Save your best bullets for the Thursday rally so that the PAP will have no time to respond before cooling day.