• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AIA Singapore head Mark O Dell resigns !!!!

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
ho say liao. Captain jumps from sinking ship.

Policyholders take care of yourselves, I go to another bigger ship liao

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

mARK o'dELL YOU THE MAN!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/376899/1/.html

SINGAPORE: AIA Singapore's top man, the executive vice-president and general manager, Mark O'Dell has resigned from the company and has taken leave of absence with immediate effect.

It's believed he's joining a rival insurer overseas, and for someone of his rank, it explains the immediate departure.

In a statement released on Thursday, AIA said that his decision to leave the company is not related to the recent developments at American International Group (AIG). It was a personal decision that he had been planning for some time.

Mr O'Dell is believed to be the longest-serving foreign general manager here.

Mr Kenneth Juneau, executive vice president & senior regional life executive of AIA's regional office, will assume leadership responsibilities with effect from September 19, 2008 in the interim until a statement is made on the new general manager for AIA Singapore.

Mr Juneau, an AIA veteran, brings with him 30 years of industry experience.

AIG announced on 16 September 2008 that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York is providing a two-year, US$85 billion secured revolving credit facility to AIG that will ensure that the company can meet its liquidity needs.

In response, Singapore's Central Bank said its regulatory oversight of AIA and all insurers in Singapore is rigorous.

And it's satisfied with the company's ability to carry on business as usual and to meet new demands even when there are any management changes.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore reiterates that AIA has sufficient assets in its insurance funds to meet its liabilities to policyholders.

It adds that policyholders should not act hastily to terminate their insurance policies as they may suffer losses from the premature termination and lose the insurance protection they may need.

Meanwhile, anxious policyholders lined up outside the Singapore offices of global insurance giant American International Group (AIG) Thursday, despite the US government's bailout of the firm.

AIA said less than 0.1 per cent or under 2500 policies have been surrendered so far. AIA has about 2.5 million policies in force in Singapore. - CNA/vm

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

mARK o'dELL YOU THE MAN!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...376899/1/.html

SINGAPORE: AIA Singapore's top man, the executive vice-president and general manager, Mark O'Dell has resigned from the company and has taken leave of absence with immediate effect.

It's believed he's joining a rival insurer overseas, and for someone of his rank, it explains the immediate departure.

virus2977

Alfrescian
Loyal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

mARK o'dELL YOU THE MAN!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...376899/1/.html

AIA going to sink.He is a wise guy.Taken advace leave and quit.Let behind man clean his backside.

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't ever listen to what the government or the CEOs of those companies tells you (we've seen that days before their collapse the CEOs of Bear Stearns and Lehman Bros came out with their public bull-shit on how strong and viable their company was......seen what happen). You see the resignation of to AIA Singapore CEO today. Soon there will be other senior executives in AIG/AIA resigning. THINK and ACT for yourself.

If the AIA goes bust or file for bankruptcy, you will loose all your life's savings. At most those bull-shitters that came out to tell you b4 that the company is still safe.....Yes at most, they will loose their jobs (but they will get fat bonuses for premature termination of their employment contracts).

AIA policy holders who do not want to surrender their policies should take out a policy loan on their life policy. At least you get the money in hand before anything happen.....then invest your money in some blue chip companies in the stock market (you will make money within 6 mths to cover for any interest cost on your insurance loan). LOL

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said! This Mark O Dell dare to tell the public thru the press that their money is safe & then he run road! No 1 he is an ang moh & an expat, does he care for Sporeans? Of course NOT! Don't bloody listen to gahment here telling u to be gracious to FTs lah! If you have policies there, just cancel NOW!!!!!!!

This Mark O Dell should be hung by a noose! Farking hell leaving the company immediately just after he told Sporeans to stay calm! Hope he meets his come uppance soon!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

mARK o'dELL YOU THE MAN!

The man finally found his 'calling'...went to join DELL COMPUTERS!!!:biggrin:

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an unwritten responsibility that the captain must be the last one to evacuate the ship.

Do you believe that his resignation has nothing to do with AIG recent problems?

In a statement released on Thursday, AIA said that his decision to leave the company is not related to the recent developments at American International Group (AIG). It was a personal decision that he had been planning for some time.

He has failed to exercise his moral responsibility of stabilising the ship before leaving. Such an irresponsible and non-professional guy.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unwritten responsibility? Haha! You think that this FT got moral responsibility? You think your 3.86million dollar man got moral responsibility? When greed prevails, there is no such thing as moral responsibility!

AIA Singapore has been forcing its staff to leave for a long time. Make life unbearable for them. I got a few frens in there. Soon all the customer service staff also won't come to work to serve your surrender policy.

See how your 3.86 million dollar man react 1st. Probably do nothing.

I got a AIA policy, but what to do? Write off lah.

There is an unwritten responsibility that the captain must be the last one to evacuate the ship.

He has failed to exercise his moral responsibility of stabilising the ship before leaving. Such an irresponsible and non-professional guy.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

He did exersize his already fat salary, bonuses, company shares/options !

Time to fall back to enjoy those CEO's pay and let the employees suffer !

Since no liability for top dog !

Ferragamo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you,

if i was his new employers , I would not hire him. A persons true character shows up in times of crisis. He could have left next week or next month when things stabilise a little

but to leave when policy holders are worried? shows he is only thinking about himself and not for the company or the customers

this kind of person, I won't want to associate with, let alone employ. No standard

jw5

Loyal
I agree with you,

if i was his new employers , I would not hire him. A persons true character shows up in times of crisis. He could have left next week or next month when things stabilise a little

but to leave when policy holders are worried? shows he is only thinking about himself and not for the company or the customers

this kind of person, I won't want to associate with, let alone employ. No standard
I agree.
It may not be the queue at the SG AIA office, but rather the problems faced by AIG worldwide which caused him to leave.
Good luck to the company that has hired him.

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIWs is RIGHT afterall...in bad times, foreign talents will be first to let go [even though in this case, the angmoh let himself go] :biggrin:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIWs is RIGHT afterall...in bad times, foreign talents will be first to let go [even though in this case, the angmoh let himself go] :biggrin:

Only in Spore that Angmos are revered even as he monkey hop from one top company to another without any hint of remorse or accountability. Anyway, since the govt say we must embrace foreign talents, then we embrace lor.....

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
AIA claims that CEO resign is not due to recent events..

that means that CEO already knew the deep shit AIG going tru, and has been long planning to run road..:biggrin: