• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah neh were here first! How?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG ah neh came to aussieland first. HOW?

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/study-shows-gene-flow-from-india-to-australia-4000-years-ago-20130115-2cqpp.html

Study shows 'gene flow' from India to Australia 4000 years ago
Date
January 15, 2013 - 12:08PM
270 reading nowRead later
Nicky Phillips
Science Reporter
View more articles from Nicky Phillips
Follow Nicky on Twitter Email Nicky

inShare
Email articlePrintReprints & permissions
Indian people may have arrived on Australian shores about 4000 years before Europeans colonised the continent, scientists report.

Modern humans are thought to have arrived down under about 40,000 years ago, having made their way out of Africa around the coast of the Arabian Peninsula and India to Australia.

Most scientists believed these ancestors of modern Aborigines remained isolated from other populations until Europeans appeared in the late 18th century.

But a genetic analysis of more than 300 Aborigines, Indians and people from Papua New Guinea and islands of south-east Asia has found a "significant gene flow" from India to Australia about 4230 years, or 141 generations, ago.

Advertisement
The study's lead researcher, Irina Pugach, from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, said the arrival of these people during the Holocene coincided with many changes in Australia's archaeological record.

"[There was] a sudden change in plant processing and stone tool technologies, with microliths appearing for the first time, and the first appearance of the dingo in the fossil record," said Dr Pugach.

"Since we detect inflow of genes from India into Australia at around the same time, it is likely that these changes were related to this migration," she said.

The researchers said it was possible Indian ancestry came to Australia indirectly, through south-east Asian populations who had trade links with northern Australia and Indonesia.

But the analysis found no evidence of this scenario in the genes of the south-east Asian populations.

The study also found a common origin between Aboriginal Australians, New Guinea populations and the Mamanwa – a Negrito group from the Philippines. The researchers estimate these groups split from each other about 36,000 years ago.

A study co-author, Mark Stoneking, said this finding supported the view that these populations were the descendants of an early "southern route" migration out of Africa.

The findings are published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...0-years-ago-20130115-2cqpp.html#ixzz2I0QEreua

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more Aussies must purge the indians from the system because they have tried to purge the aborigines out of the island continent!

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
That explains the Australian Aborigines.
indigenas-australianos5.jpg

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, but the funny thing is that every time I mentioned these to them they say I'm racist.

Can anyone really blame them:confused:

India is a messy place. They have poverty, honour killings, all sorts of extremism, rampant corruption, rapes,....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, but the funny thing is that every time I mentioned these to them they say I'm racist.

No one likes to be criticised, even if it's true :o

Even in the land of "lesser mortals" you can be sued if you criticise "some" people.:wink:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So when is India gonna claim their aboriginal rights to Australia?

Sure get a nice war going.... just what the americans need .....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to point to slumdog millionaire as the reason why I would never visit India. Now, I have these daily rape reports to point to.

No one likes to be criticised, even if it's true :o

Even in the land of "lesser mortals" you can be sued if you criticise "some" people.:wink:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can anyone really blame them:confused:

India is a messy place. They have poverty, honour killings, all sorts of extremism, rampant corruption, rapes,....

hi there

1. bro, have your forgotten these?
2. the smell, the ganges & of course the coconut/beach dancing etc:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
India - a land of slumdog millionaires.

[video=youtube;Qrf-RHrSUdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrf-RHrSUdw[/video]

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The indians walked to australia during the ice age when sea level were low. Their ancestors are all those with wrinkled hair, like the orang asli, the aborigines, flores, timorese and the papuans.
If China can claim all of South China sea, then india can do likewise with regards to australia.

But why is it the malays and polynesians, found on almost all islands between the coast of america and africa, left australia, the largest island amongst the whole lot, alone?