• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Bian's Son & Daugther-in-law confessed

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal
A dramatic turn in the court yesterday that shocked the public, Chen Shui Bian's son decided to turn against his parents and confessed the wrong doing of money laundering i.e. monies transferred out were dirty.

Ah Bian would be better off sqeezing his own balls to death than to be sentenced to life term. His wife might not be jailed due to medical condition but will have no face to live.

The 2 youngsters had to concede to beg pardon for concession or their lives and their child would be ruined forever.

Incredible media of Taiwan had pressurised the powerful elite family to their knees.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
A dramatic turn in the court yesterday that shocked the public, Chen Shui Bian's son decided to turn against his parents and confessed the wrong doing of money laundering i.e. monies transferred out were dirty.

Ah Bian would be better off sqeezing his own balls to death than to be sentenced to life term. His wife might not be jailed due to medical condition but will have no face to live.

The 2 youngsters had to concede to beg pardon for concession or their lives and their child would be ruined forever.

Incredible media of Taiwan had pressurised the powerful elite family to their knees.

It can be various reasons

1.) They risk being detain and spend the New Year in Jail

2.) The Evidence is too overwhelming.

3.) They have more money stash away and pretend to confess a certain known amount and return it, hopefully get a light sentence and enjoy life later.

This guy is no saint, so don't get fool by the touching words and tears.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
too many are involved including family, relative, in-laws, friends and too many banks all over the world. Exact amount can be shocking.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
too many are involved including family, relative, in-laws, friends and too many banks all over the world. Exact amount can be shocking.

That is why Dirty Harry's model will work.

Give high pay to civil servant to get support, feed a bunch of elite to fill parliament seats, cast long lines for big fish.

Ah Bian 8 years only kana found out because he did it so obvious, he fail to Legalize his Corruption.

jw5

Loyal

The political commentators are saying that it is all an act.
They are confessing to what the special investigation team already know and the confession is with the full blessing of the parents, perhaps even a strategy formulated by Ah Bian himself.
The young couple were trying to avoid being detained, trying to get a light sentence perhaps with no jail term and giving back only a small portion of the money stashed overseas.
There is a long way to go yet and much more developments.

jw5

Loyal
It can be various reasons

1.) They risk being detain and spend the New Year in Jail

2.) The Evidence is too overwhelming.

3.) They have more money stash away and pretend to confess a certain known amount and return it, hopefully get a light sentence and enjoy life later.

This guy is no saint, so don't get fool by the touching words and tears.
Probably for all the reasons you noted.
They are only confessing to money already discovered so far, they have not confessed to anything new or provided any new leads or information.
Certainly they don't want to be detained.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr. Chen's allegation of politically-charged charges against him are, to be said, fishy in the first place. He only desperately resorts to such an allegation because he doesn't have much else where to go from here.

After all, President Ma has not heavily involved personally himself. The only thing is that President Ma hasn't commented on it- and thus some are speculating he's involved. So President Ma has to clear this up. But beyond Mr. Chen has been on shaky ground for a while now.

His son and his daughter-in-law's guilty pleas is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't underestimate Ah Bian. This guy won 3 of the biggest elections in Taiwan history when he should have easily lost.

I think if he can escape jail this time, this will be his greatest personal triumph.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't underestimate Ah Bian. This guy won 3 of the biggest elections in Taiwan history when he should have easily lost.

I think if he can escape jail this time, this will be his greatest personal triumph.

i don't know which 3 but i know his 1st president victory is due to the split of his competitors lian zhan and song chu yu which divide their votes into 2 and end up Bian get a slight victory. 2nd time both of them knew their mistake and combine forces, but the assassination happen when they are winning, which end end some votes went over to Bian, which end up another slight victory.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
By confessing, we have to think what are their motive and what will they gain.

1st Bian's wife will not be jailed with her medical condition, so if she is taking all the rap, might be the best outcome for the family, rather then whole family inside.

2nd The amount they agree to return might not be the total amount, how much is taken is a big question mark although they said they will give all the details. It could just a small fraction return, and then once it is over you see them enjoying luxurious life with the peoples' blood money.

so if thats the case, then by confessing and pushing all the blame to the wife while returning a portion of the money to get out of the mess, could be the best outcome for them.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least he's not like new president Ma, eagerly pandering to the commies every now and then, selling his country into the arms of a hostile and backward neighbour. for all of bian's misdeameanours, he has taken a huge risk by antagonising the commies in taking a pro-independence stance for his country, which is what the end result should be.

3 cheers for taiwanese independence!

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least he's not like new president Ma, eagerly pandering to the commies every now and then, selling his country into the arms of a hostile and backward neighbour. for all of bian's misdeameanours, he has taken a huge risk by antagonising the commies in taking a pro-independence stance for his country, which is what the end result should be.

3 cheers for taiwanese independence!

by antagonising the largest nation and market in the world which is also the factory of the world who happens to be your closest neighbour, do you think he is doing his country a service?

are you sure taiwan is meant to be an independent country? do you if taiwan was ever independent?

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
by antagonising the largest nation and market in the world which is also the factory of the world who happens to be your closest neighbour, do you think he is doing his country a service?

are you sure taiwan is meant to be an independent country? do you if taiwan was ever independent?

i take your first question as a rhetorical one. but put yourself in the shoes of the taiwanese. would you wanna see your leader kowtow to other countries at the expense of your sovereignty? i know how important diplomacy is nowadays, but come on, national pride is more important than that. but well, sinkies like us will never appreciate/understand that concept.

as for the your 2nd question - yes, taiwan is and will be an independent country. independent from china at least.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i take your first question as a rhetorical one. but put yourself in the shoes of the taiwanese. would you wanna see your leader kowtow to other countries at the expense of your sovereignty? i know how important diplomacy is nowadays, but come on, national pride is more important than that. but well, sinkies like us will never appreciate/understand that concept.

as for the your 2nd question - yes, taiwan is and will be an independent country. independent from china at least.

there is no shred of any rhetorcial elements in my first question and it is a simple question begging for a straight answer. if your neighbour is the factory of the world and is the largest market and country in the world, would you want to antagonise them?

have you actually seen the new president kowtow to china or preparing opr planning to cede sovereignty to China? what have they done towards this end?

as for your obviously wrong and unreasoned answer to question 2, let me help you. Taiwan is the name of an island off the coast of china. It is not a political entity and it is not a country. it is a part of a large entity. This is the case simply because there is no Republic of Taiwan today.

The island's sovereignty lies with the Republic of China who succeeded Imperial Japan as the rightful sovereign. Imperial Japan in turn succeeded the old Qing Dynasty of Imperial China. Republic of China does not consist only of Taiwan but officially it lays claim over the whole of China today including Outer Mongolia even though these territories are effectively controlled by the People's Republic of China. thats is why Taiwan is a part of china and not an independent state.

jw5

Loyal

I had the impression that you were either an Ah Bian or a DPP supporter.
Apparently not? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
errr...nope....i dun pretend to be neutral when i am not.
There's a very big difference between being neutral with regards to the DPP/KMT or liking/disliking Ah Bian and being neutral with regards to Ah Bian's guilt and innocence based on the evidence so far. Hahaha. :smile:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a very big difference between being neutral with regards to the DPP/KMT or liking/disliking Ah Bian and being neutral with regards to Ah Bian's guilt and innocence based on the evidence so far. Hahaha. :smile:

sadly, you are baised in both counts so it makes little difference practically :biggrin: