• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Beng’s election wish list – Full of contradictions.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is based on the common grouses I have read on SBF.

1. HDB prices must come down so a flat is affordable to Ah Beng.

2. At the same time, Ah Beng wants HDB prices to rise, so there is “asset appreciation”.

3. Foreigners are not welcome as they are in direct competition for jobs with Ah Beng and depress wages.

4. At the same time, foreigners are needed to clean up after Ah Beng and build infrastructure. (e.g.: maids and bangala workers) and these foreigners must come cheap.

5. Ah Beng wants minimum wage enacted but does not want to pay for the corresponding increase in price of goods and services.

6. However, Ah Beng does not want minimum wage for maids and bangala workers.

7. Ah Beng wants more opposition MPs in government.

8. However, Ah Beng wants the PAP to be the government. :biggrin:

-

Last edited:

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1. HDB prices must come down so a flat is affordable to Ah Neh.

2. At the same time, Ah Neh wants HDB prices to rise, so there is “asset appreciation”.

3. Foreigners are welcome as Ah Neh can't get one in their homeland.

4. At the same time, foreigners are needed to clean up after Ah Neh and build infrastructure. (e.g.: maids and bangala workers) and these foreigners must come cheap.

5. Ah Neh wants minimum wage enacted but does not want to pay for the corresponding increase in price of goods and services.

6. However, Ah Neh does not want minimum wage for maids and bangala workers. (eg. smelly kelings yellow_people, SamuelShitSkin, banova888)

7. Ah Neh foreigners will of course want PAP to be the government to protect them.

8. Ah Neh foreigners will hope that one day they can form the majority in parliament together with PAP as government.

Last edited:

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... We want our cake and eat it as well... We want to make million dollar annual salary too ....

-Bolton Wanderer Fan-

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. HDB prices must come down so a flat is affordable to Ah Beng.

2. At the same time, Ah Beng wants HDB prices to rise, so there is “asset appreciation”.

Yes I thought PAP will whack WP on this one in their manifesto. WP say the HDB must peg to meddle income. Ok good suggestion. But PAP has screwed up the market already. So what does WP propose to do with the asset deflation as a result of their proposal? Also if peg to middle income, then HDB price will become a fucking roller coaster every year. How does WP propose to deal with this roller coaster asset appreciation/depreciation every year?

3. Foreigners are not welcome as they are in direct competition for jobs with Ah Beng and depress wages.

4. At the same time, foreigners are needed to clean up after Ah Beng and build infrastructure. (e.g.: maids and bangala workers) and these foreigners must come cheap.

This one you are wrong. Ah beng wants the gahmen to ask employers to have singaporean first policy. If you cannot find sinkies then you get ah neh. But to do this, gahmen must have minimum wage, otherwise employer will always say I willing to pay $20 a month but no sinkie wants the job. You can survive on @20 a month?

5. Ah Beng wants minimum wage enacted but does not want to pay for the corresponding increase in price of goods and services.

6. However, Ah Beng does not want minimum wage for maids and bangala workers.

Ah beng wants RENTAL decreased so that ah beng no need to subsidise rent collectors by having lower wages. This is a wealth transfer from ah beng to wealthy "investor".

7. Ah Beng wants more opposition MPs in government.

8. However, Ah Beng wants the PAP to be the government. :biggrin:

PAP can still be gahmen even if we have 20 oppo MP in Parliament. Nothing wrong with that.

-[/QUOTE]

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

-

There are actually much more of this, but pse for now, don't shoot this target 1st.:biggrin:
Even if you looked at ministers salaries there is same contradictions, Ah Bengs don't want to be paying ministers for the sky, but they wish their own children to become one such wealthy minister.:biggrin:

If you shot this, the bullet is going to come around like an Ozzie Boomerang!:eek: @ the opposition.:rolleyes:

There are quite perfect economic solutions to the HDB price issue, which both LEEgime and opposition are both unable to point out. I am very reluctant to offer as well, because the concept of asset value is NG, in the 1st place. LEEgime is only a temporary and relatively small enemy, there are higher considerations other than just defeating LEEgime.

Everyone including even most opposition love to ride the property bubble, I don't appreciate this, and I shouldn't help nor contribute anything to this aspect. LEEgime had foolishly interlocked themselves in their clumsy imbecilic policies and strategy to ride property bubble, oppos are only able to slightly pinch LEEgime on just limited aspects of this, while they also fear to compromise their own weak positions, voters are expecting to get rich for nothing. A vicious circle of Singapore. :wink: Oppos can actually make LEEgime hurt very badly in this issue, but they aren't.

In the recent TV debate LEEgime got away with falsehood of competency, when every oppo rep neglected to expose that so called Economic Growth should NEVER be accredited to LEEgime at all. That they had not only false-claim credit on growth, while also denying responsibility when economy fell badly. The self-contradiction exposed clearly that they aren't in control of economy at all, and just drifting in the current, pretending to be in control.

The silent of oppo while LEEgime made their false claims, had these bastards got away with totally undeserved & unearned credits on economy. LEEgime rep at the debate never panicked becos no aggressive oppo were there to bite and bleed them.:(

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I thought PAP will whack WP on this one in their manifesto. WP say the HDB must peg to meddle income. Ok good suggestion. But PAP has screwed up the market already. So what does WP propose to do with the asset deflation as a result of their proposal? Also if peg to middle income, then HDB price will become a fucking roller coaster every year. How does WP propose to deal with this roller coaster asset appreciation/depreciation every year?

The WP philosophy is that the best chance of being elected into parliament is to give what they think the people want — something resembling the PAP in terms of political vision, but being able to disagree with the PAP on policy issues and debate accordingly. There is evidence of WP doing so just 2 days ago when replying to a question from The Online Citizen on whether the party supported the death penalty, Mr Singh said the social barometer as far as Singaporeans are concerned is not leaning towards the removal of the death penalty.

So what does the WP really believe in and stand for?

How does one know if elected, they will deliver what they say they would, if they base their ideology not on sound principles but on whatever happens to be the political mood of the day?

This one you are wrong. Ah beng wants the gahmen to ask employers to have singaporean first policy. If you cannot find sinkies then you get ah neh. But to do this, gahmen must have minimum wage, otherwise employer will always say I willing to pay $20 a month but no sinkie wants the job. You can survive on @20 a month?

This is where the contradiction truly surfaces. Minimum wage policy, (designed to prevent worker exploitation) will only benefit those that are at the bottom rung of income earners. This group earns no more than $1,000 per month. Setting minimum wage at say $1,600 for example, would be of benefit, even by a small measure to this group of workers. Do take note that merchants will past the cost of minimum wage directly to Ah Beng in the form of higher goods and services. For the sake of greater income equality, is Ah Beng prepared to pay for the extra cost?

The second point of the minimum wage equation is this. Ah Beng's grouse is in the stiff competition he is facing in the PMET category where he has to compete with Ah Neh and Pinoy. The pay scale in this group is far in excess of minimum wage will stipulate. That Ah Neh market analyst you see on the commodity desk at Morgan Stanley or working as an assistant brand manager at P&G is not working for minimum wage, let me assure you.

Ah beng wants RENTAL decreased so that ah beng no need to subsidise rent collectors by having lower wages. This is a wealth transfer from ah beng to wealthy "investor".

This ties back to the first point. If rental yields are to be controlled and suppressed by govt policy as communist countries do, what happens to the value and as a consequence the price of property? Rental yields are high, because commercial and residential property prices are now fetching premium prices per sq foot in sales.

The govt can introduce cooling measures as they have done, but outright suppression of rent is going to have unintended consequences. Besides how exactly is the govt to directly influence rent? What policy should the govt implement and what about private investors of commercial property? Knock rents down and that HDB mortgagee that is collecting rent on his spare room to help pay of loan is likely going to be on the losing end as well.

PAP can still be gahmen even if we have 20 oppo MP in Parliament. Nothing wrong with that.

The PAP knows this very well. GCT once famously declared, "Singaporeans want both sides of his bread buttered". This exactly why the PAP treat voters with such contempt and resort to outright threats and intimidation. If you want opposition MPs in parliament, throw out the PAP. 20 opposition MPs in parliament does not make any difference to PAP or on the way they govern Singapore. As Sam Leong said, if anything, you will only end up pissing the PAP big time and things will only get a lot worse for Ah Beng.

-

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are actually much more of this, but pse for now, don't shoot this target 1st.:biggrin:
Even if you looked at ministers salaries there is same contradictions, Ah Bengs don't want to be paying ministers for the sky, but they wish their own children to become one such wealthy minister.:biggrin:

I understand and am aware of the many more contradictions that exist. Therefore have only stated the obvious few. :biggrin:

-

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand and am aware of the many more contradictions that exist. Therefore have only stated the obvious few. :biggrin:

-

Therefore as activist I always made use of these binds to have LEEgime caught within, sabo jia lat jia lat:biggrin:. With the correct angle you can always subject LEEgime to the cut and burn of any controversy. But you have to know these traps yourself, don't get your own pals inside.:eek: Lead the enemy into the minefields not your friends.:wink: