• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Agent asked me to pledge properly and do investment with them

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citing reason as cpfb doesn't pay the 4% interest to me in the ra. Agent said the interest also will not goto beneficiaries. He said many sinkies not aware of this.
Is it true? If not can pofma him.

I told him never mind about the interest. He said wah is your hard earned money how can never mind.
I told him even I pledge my property I also will not invest with him and thanks him for sounding this matter to me.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citing reason as cpfb doesn't pay the 4% interest to me in the ra. Agent said the interest also will not goto beneficiaries. He said many sinkies not aware of this.
Is it true? If not can pofma him.

I told him never mind about the interest. He said wah is your hard earned money how can never mind.
I told him even I pledge my property I also will not invest with him and thanks him for sounding this matter to me.
They recommend moi sell one buy two huat huat mystical scheme....and they told moi can definitely take a 20yr loan until 65 de woh

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agent also said many old farts got the traditional thinking that pledging property means pawning house so he wanted to meet me to explain more about the whole thing as it is inconvenient to talk over phone.
I told him now it is either my money locked with cpfb or with the insurance company, so I don't want to meet him as I will still need to waste my time and end up with same outcome.
He said he can even come to my house. Very thick skin. So I have to tell him even you come to my house I will still need to spend time with you.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morgan Stanley analysts highlighted the potential end of Singapore's longest private home price rally since the 1980s. The firm anticipates a slowdown in the real estate market due to an imbalance between demand and supply, coupled with high stamp duties expected to deter foreign buyers and deter public housing upgrades.

This prediction comes on the heels of an unexpected price rise in Q3 2023. However, the number of investors is expected to decline as more land than ever in the past decade is set to be put up for sale. In contrast, Hong Kong has taken steps to revive its property sector by cutting housing taxes.

The analysts foresee a 3% reduction in home prices by 2024, which they predict will last for two years. The FTSE ST All-Share Real Estate Index has already fallen by 13% this year compared to a 3.3% fall in Singapore's equity benchmark.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morgan Stanley's note from Tuesday also detailed downgrades for key property developers City Developments Ltd. and UOL Group Ltd. in anticipation of these market changes.

There's a risk of both UOL and City Developments being removed from the MSCI Singapore Index, which, along with high borrowing costs, could affect their valuations. Both developers' stocks declined more than 2% each today, according to relative returns data compiled by Bloomberg.

The real estate sector has underperformed compared to the Straits Times Index this year. Measures have been implemented to cool the overheated market and a decline in home rents is expected.

The analysts expressed a preference for asset managers and real estate investment trusts, citing fewer structural and cyclical headwinds for these groups.