• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AG Walter Woon To Lee Wei Ling: No One is above the Law!

tommyh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the middleman could very well be grasping at straws. I doubt if any money has changed hands so it is at most here say/spoken agreement.

The other party is probably trying its best to get out of the situation. As long as no money transpired and factor in the influence and money that the Tang relative can bring to bear - it is likely that he will walk with perhaps a small fine.

Also I would be very surprised if the relative did take the money. What is $100K when you have millions at your disposal.

This case is like an episode of the show Dynasty. Power, money, lawyers, family squabbles. We have tycoon, Lee Wei Ling, AG, poor taken advantaged of Indo donor, a nephew in law .......

There is everything!

Middleman revealed it to the Courts during mitigation.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tang case: No one is above the law

I REFER to Dr Lee Wei Ling's article yesterday, 'Why mete out even a 'token sentence'?'.
Mr Tang Wee Sung pleaded guilty to two charges. He was fined $7,000 for the first charge relating to an arrangement to buy a kidney under the Human Organ Transplant Act (Hota). There was no sentence of imprisonment.

The Rule of Law means that compliance with Acts of Parliament is not a matter of choice. No one is above the law.

Prof Walter Woon
Attorney-General

There is always such a thing known as compassion. Try to play god in the name of the law, believe in retributions or it'll be a terrible death before meeting the maker. What goes around comes around.:(

Cheers.:(

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You clearly have no idea about jurisprudence:rolleyes:

<<
Looks like you difficulty understanding the illegality of organ trading and deterrence sentencing
>>

looks like you cannot think outside the box and need reminder that this is not sg court but a forum to debate about true justice.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er not my answer hor:biggrin:

Why WP didn't get permit for event
I REFER to last Thursday's letter by Mr Tan Ghee Gay, 'Why 'no' and 'yes'?', regarding police decisions with respect to the Workers' Party's (WP) proposed mass cycling event last year, and the carnival on Aug 31.
Police do not issue permits for outdoor political events in public places due to the potential for disorder and unruly behaviour. This applies to events organised by all political parties. For this reason, police rejected WP's application to hold a mass cycling activity in East Coast Park, to commemorate its 50th anniversary in September last year.

The event on Aug 31 was very different. The permit was issued after taking into account the organiser and the nature of the event. It was organised by the PAP Community Foundation, which is a registered charity and not a political party. The event was not assessed to have the potential for disorder and unruly behaviour. It was a carnival that involved children and families from various kindergartens and educational institutions. The Prime Minister, as guest of honour, and a few other guests, made their entrance by cycling a short distance. During the event, a sum of $664,000 (which had been raised earlier) was distributed to 17 charities, including Beyond Social Services, Children's Aid Society and Chung Hwa Medical Institution.

DSP Paul Tay
Assistant Director (Media Relations)
Singapore Police Force

Can Walter Woon also explain why LHL can ride bicycle in the park and LTK cannot since no one is above the law?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you fail to understand and rationalise is that the analogy of a person hiring a hitman to murder another person has no relevance and bearing to Tang's case, it is totally flawed and misconceived.

The middleman Wang was convicted in particular on the acts of organ trading.

Tang was convicted for breaching HOTA and lying under oath in a statutory declaration.

i still think it is an unfair judgement.

just because the guy is a rich guy they gave him special treatment. If he has not asked the middle man for lobang, the middle man would not have comitted the crime.

just like some bro said if someone paid another person to kill someone one..the mastermind only get 1 day jail? cannot be right?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well there may still be charges of aid and abetting and conspiracy that Tang's nephew in law may have to face regardless of whether $$$ actually changed hands.

Oh and I doubt, Tang's newphew- in-law personally has "millions at his disposal".

Well the middleman could very well be grasping at straws. I doubt if any money has changed hands so it is at most here say/spoken agreement.

The other party is probably trying its best to get out of the situation. As long as no money transpired and factor in the influence and money that the Tang relative can bring to bear - it is likely that he will walk with perhaps a small fine.

Also I would be very surprised if the relative did take the money. What is $100K when you have millions at your disposal.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You clearly have no idea about jurisprudence:rolleyes:

I'm curious as to how jurisprudence view the issue of unjust laws eg those persecuting Jews in Nazi Germany and Apartheid laws previously in S Africa.
Are the people to simply sit back and accept them -esp in situations where there are no democratic political systems to allow people to exercise its will.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1025.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Double standards again? The CK Tang guy only squat 1 afternoon.
Sep 4, 2008
Jail for man with cancer
A 58-YEAR-OLD man with terminal lung cancer will be spending some of his final days behind bars.

Heng Wa Seng will be serving seven months in jail for corruption, managing two unlicensed massage parlours and hiring a foreigner who had no work permit.

District Judge Chia Wee Kiat heard that Heng is suffering from advanced lung cancer that doctors say is incurable.

The court was not told how long he is expected to live, only that he is undergoing chemotherapy at the National Cancer Centre.

Police caught him running an unlicensed massage parlour in Upper Serangoon Road in July last year. Instead of closing shop, he continued operating until February. During that time, Heng also ran an unlicensed massage parlour in Yishun Avenue 11.

One of his hires was a 28-year-old Chinese national, Zheng Xiao Mu, who had no work permit.

Heng also received an $800 bribe from another Chinese national, Lin Zhihong, in May 2006 for using his name to register a massage parlour on her behalf. Yesterday, he was jailed for four months on this charge of corruption.

The unemployed Heng will serve another three months behind bars because he was unable to pay a $12,000 fine that accompanied the convictions for running the massage parlours.

KHUSHWANT SINGH
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is good.. get free cancer treatment.