• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After Rony Tan it's Mark Ng from New Creation Mega Church

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

After Rony Tan it's Mark Ng from New Creation Mega Church
Don't they learn?
After Rony Tan warned, another pastor pokes fun at other religions

Posted on 13 Jun 2010

stompers_outraged_over_new_creation_pastors_insulting-thumbnail.jpg

<--- http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...aged_over_new_creation_pastors_insulting.html

Several STOMPers came across an audio-video posted online, apparently showing Pastor Mark Ng from New Creation Church poking fun at Chinese beliefs..
The STOMPers are concerned about how the pastor's insulting comments may create societal disharmony.
Earlier this year, Pastor Rony Tan made headlines when videos of him belittling Bhuddist precepts such as rebirth, karma and nirvana were circulated on the Internet, creating an outroar.

This led to the authorities warning him, after which he apologised.

Now, despite the authorities having taken action against Pastor Rony Tan, Pastor Mark Ng has apparently made insensitive comments on traditional Chinese beliefs, as seen in this video. Annotations are inserted by the anonymous person who uploaded the audio-video up on YouTube.

One of the STOMPers who came across the latest video of Pastor Mark Ng, said:
"I came across this video online about a pastor from a mega church poking fun of other religions' rituals and traditions.
"I have no problem with people preaching their religious beliefs but, living in multi-cultural Singapore, we should learn to respect others' religions.
"I think the pastor owes a public apology to all those he had insulted.
Another STOMPer said:
"Pastor Mark Ng of New Creation Church insults Chinese beliefs and Taoists in sermon.
"I was aghast to hear that this pastor has made numerous comments that were not sensitive to Chinese beliefs and were particularly insulting to Taoists.
"It is very sad to note that despite the public outrage surrounding pastor Rony Tan earlier this year for his insensitive comments and misconceptions about other religions, this pastor has chosen to ignore the government's call for a multi-religious society in harmony and continued to insult other faiths in order to spread his own faith."

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Singlish pastor is very shallow, comparing HK police praying to Guan Yu and HK underground also praying to Guan Yu. Doesn't he know that Italian police pray to Jesus and Italian mafia also pray to Jesus?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with these pastors is that they think they can convince by distorting the teachings of other religions. For example Rony Tan saying that Buddha said "I'm still finding the way" before he died. As a former Buddhist I know there was no such thing and Buddha never said this. It's like giving a dog a bad name then hang.

Even though a lot of Buddhist teachings were not Buddha's teachings, it is better for Buddhists to distort their own teachings then you tackle them, rather than distort their teachings for them.

Read books by Christian apologists like Josh McDowell and Ravi Zacharias. They understand other religious teachings so well that they are able to disagree with them in the accurate way without distorting them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is conman, fraud and charlatans using religion to mislead and live of the bible, the koran and the teachings of religion. The issue of religion is a different matter and that is why it called faith and belief often in official literature.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No other world religion has so much schisms, sects, contradictions and controversy except Christianity. There are so many versions of the Bible, so many icons, so many prophetic tales and also so much conspiracy theories.

Because of these, there lay open many large gaps and loopholes in the true account for charlatans and false prophets to fill in the blanks and join the dots. The Vatican leads the flock with its obscene accumulation of wealth and sexual misbehaviour that today still no one knows the breadth and depth of their sins. Muslims have their jihadists no doubt but their saving grace is that at least they strive for a higher nobler political cause, notwithstanding it may be misplaced; and not sexual deviation. I don't think other religions have problems the way Christianity is beset with.

Also, no religion evangelises and attempts to convert others to their faith as actively and as aggressively as the Christians, which often leads to tension, and disapproval and at times offence esp if the other party is a Muslim. I have never encountered zealous Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims trying every trick and chicanery to trap you into their faith.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
No other world religion has so much schisms, sects, contradictions and controversy except Christianity. There are so many versions of the Bible, so many icons, so many prophetic tales and also so much conspiracy theories.

On that I feel disagreeable. Considering Buddhism, for example, with Theravada, Mahayana, Zen, Vajrayana, Nichiren, Tibetan, Shingon, Tendai etc. Taoism with Goddess of Mercy, Bull and Horse guards, Jade Emperor, Guan Gong etc. My view is that the monotheistic religions fare better. However, it is true that Christianity invites charlatans and false prophets but so does many others.

On evangelism, I think it is a sign that Christians are confident to preach. You are entitled to reject and not to listen as an individual right and choice, but a religion needs to try and win people to save people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you step back and look at the world, the conflicts have their roots in religion. We have also become too politically correct in not commenting about the abuses of religion.

One good example is the money collected by a church, temples and religious groups and how it is disbursed. These are never revealed. A company with more than 7 shareholders must disclose their financials. A true religion would have no qualms about showing where every penny is going. It applies to every religion.

Look at Prince and Durai. They both used the same argument that they resisted salary increases from their board. Look at Ming Yi and Kong Hee. They both claimed to have forgone salaries.

The whole thing is about Money. Transparency will address much of the abuse.

On that I feel disagreeable. Considering Buddhism, for example, with Theravada, Mahayana, Zen, Vajrayana, Nichiren, Tibetan, Shingon, Tendai etc. Taoism with Goddess of Mercy, Bull and Horse guards, Jade Emperor, Guan Gong etc. My view is that the monotheistic religions fare better. However, it is true that Christianity invites charlatans and false prophets but so does many others.

On evangelism, I think it is a sign that Christians are confident to preach. You are entitled to reject and not to listen as an individual right and choice, but a religion needs to try and win people to save people.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a book by Richard Dawkins called "The God Delusion" arguing this.

If you step back and look at the world, the conflicts have their roots in religion. We have also become too politically correct in not commenting about the abuses of religion.