• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After Barca, what's next?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So guardiola is leaving barca, bringing down an era of sleek passing, dominating soccer. One that blow away Man Utd & many great teams.

rumors have it that he will take over at Chelsea - but what is the logic? Instead of offering the man that Chelsea to the brink of CL glory, you offer the job instead to manager whom your stand-in mgr defeat in a superb game?

and if Chelsea go on to lift the CL, the irony will be further highlighted.

but there is no smoke without fire, he is going England - maybe as the next England manager.

Will we then see, England starting to play like Barca? Will Defoe play the role of Lionel Messi?

How about if Fergie suddenly step down and call it a day - deserveably after collecting the 20th trophy? Guardiola will be an apt candidate.

Another question, who's next for Barca? Another Spaniard?

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guardiola will flop in England if he try the same style at Barca, he's a freaking disaster in the transfer market anyway !

he was able to simply make all the stars at Barca play well, at another club things will be totally different !

the joker trying to follow Mourinho by trying to win at different clubs.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I very much doubt he's interested in the England hot seat. Moreover what has England to offer other than the media circus that is bent on driving away just about any foreign coach. Managing Spain's national team is a possibility albeit a remote one coz of political reasons and the fact that the form of key players in the national team who incidentally are all Barca players are quickly slipping into the burnout stage..

Pep timed his resignation perfectly as the affected players from Barca will have an extended season with the Euro and Olympics taking place in quick succession in the months ahead.. It does not bode well for his assistant who has been given the task to manage Barca in the coming season. However, what the latest manoeuvres suggest is that the club has left the door open should Peppy decide to return the season after.

It is almost certain that Pep will join a club that has a youth setup. My guess is Abramovich will lure him with riches that even Mourinho can only dream of. The russian is interested to tap on guardiola's expertise on Barca's youth setup as the present Chelsea Academy is in shambles and is not even close to the ones at the Emirates or OT.. They have many CMI's and those that can make it are not given a chance by managers that Abramovich had hired previously with the exception of perhaps Ranieri.

If I were Abram, I would have asked Di Matteo what was the difference post and pre AVB? Was he part of the setup with the players that ousted AVB? Did he want the job for himself? No doubt his record at Stamford Bridge so far is quite remarkable but something tells me there is more to it than meets the eye..

It is too shallow to think that the russian just wants CL glory, I think he's probably more interested in youth development that can sustain the club in the long run.. If Chelsea loses in the CL final, they won't be able to play CL football for a season as it looks increasingly unlikely that they will nick the 4th spot. Lose the CL final and they're farked.

All road leads to the Bridge where Pep is concerned.

jw5

Loyal
Another question, who's next for Barca? Another Spaniard?

Pep's number 2 Vilanova will be taking over next season.
Could be temp until if Pep returns in one year.
If Pep doesn't return, the new boss could be Luis Enrique, former player and current Roma boss or Roberto Martinez even.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If his assistant Vilanova succeeds, it will pave the way for Peppy to ply his trade in UK. If he's going to take so much pressure and shit, he might as well get paid for it. In the eyes of the faithful Catalonians, he would be seen as a traitor and a mercenary if he chooses to take his brand of football elsewhere.

Like Mourinho, he constantly gripes about not having the final say in player acquisition. That could deter him from going to the Bridge. He'll have no such problems with United or Arsenal though. While money could be a constraint, at least he'll have the last word on who stays and goes. My money is on Pep going to the Blue half of London or Manchester where the pot of gold is.

Last edited:

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pep's number 2 Vilanova will be taking over next season.
Could be temp until if Pep returns in one year.
If Pep doesn't return, the new boss could be Luis Enrique, former player and current Roma boss or Roberto Martinez even.

Maybe after one season.