• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After a week of getting used to Xenforo 2 how do you guys find it?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Excellent. I like it. Speed especially for mobile and tablet is good. The emoticons from barren to excessive though. Should cut down some unnecessary ones. Also suggest that ratings to have an additional one - "informative" rather than just a sole "like".

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Excellent. I like it. Speed especially for mobile and tablet is good. The emoticons from barren to excessive though. Should cut down some unnecessary ones. Also suggest that ratings to have an additional one - "informative" rather than just a sole "like".

I didn't program those they are built into xenforo. :laugh: I'm not sure I know how to add more options.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
its crap...how come no short cut key for the 'insert media' like the previous ones?

If you copy the media link it is automatically inserted. There are also 3 dots next to the smiley in the menu which include the "media" tags. If you click on it you'll see

Enter media URL
Approved sitesYou may insert media from these sources
Help

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you copy the media link it is automatically inserted. There are also 3 dots next to the smiley in the menu which include the "media" tags. If you click on it you'll see

Enter media URL
Approved sitesYou may insert media from these sources
Help

my point is have to click on it,,instead of in the past the hot button was there without clicking on the 3 dots,,,that means click twice,,the media short cut should be there as a hot button.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I tested the Ignore function for a couple of days ...I am surprised that it's much better than before Xenfero. When a moniker is in my ignore list, you can't even see the threads he or she started and my first page is not clog up like before. :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
my point is have to click on it,,instead of in the past the hot button was there without clicking on the 3 dots,,,that means click twice,,the media short cut should be there as a hot button.

Try without clicking on it. Just copy and paste the media URL and the media should embed.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I tested the Ignore function for a couple of days ...I am surprised that it's much better than before Xenfero. When a moniker is in my ignore list, you can't even see the threads he or she started and my first page is not clog up like before. :smile:
I must try this. Should put "you know who" on my Ignore List. Too much time spent on her bs instead of enjoying my forum experience. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old format layout was nicer,if u can do a side by side comparison,the old skin would probably win by a landslide.......was already a great improvement over the old forum predecessor,insert media didnt have the huge popup screen,auto text save is extremely quick and responsive and permanent so we never lose our wall of text even if our mobiles suddenly lost connection.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The format gets distorted when I copy and paste stuff from other websites. Is there a setting to make in version 2 for this?

Using chrome btw. Puffin browser totally disregards the return carriage when I copy and paste HTML stuff

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about having a "dislike" or "crap" button and when a member accumulates a certain amount of "dislike" or "crap" the system will automatically ban him or her for one day, 3 days or one week.