• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed on divorce lawsuit

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is welfare lawyer the cheaper type to engage since there is no better choice
Marriage in sg is a guarantee security to the woman

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEVER apply 'adultery' as reason(s) for divorce coz this could be lengthy, costly and complicates the mediation.
This is meant for the rich, vengeful ones. Best goes for incompatible personality etc. to save lawyer fees.

Next, whoever fork out from CPF will be returned accordingly to his/her CPF accounts - No question ask, regardless of divorce or separation.
Hence, its pointless fighting on this!

Last, custody or alimony will by default goes to the woman/mother - especially if she's a housewife. Its usually pointless to to fight for custody on the husband/father during preliminary cases until proof of evidences that mother (or her environments) is 'disastrous' to the growing-up of kids. But kids above 14 have the right to choose!

Now for TS' case, its unsure if the husband has any further dependencies, limitations and shortfalls in this case. Else, S$53K or whatsoever amount is very too small to mention in court.... likely to be mediated to save time, effort & further $$$.
But husband needs to be careful what he must be very sure and wise to alimony agreements next......
Imagine if kids beg papa to pay for a holiday with mommy, papa works day-&-night to satisfy kids (since he cannot join them)
then come when kids tell papa how enjoyable their trips were with mommy & "uncle"......
this is more painful than squeezing your own balls!

Good luck!

Hi bro, I was told by a lawyer that kids above 13 years can choose the custody. Anyway 13 or 14 is not much far away.

Actually, all the defendant's three kids choose to be with the father.

But the youngest kid is less than 13 so too bad the court rules that this kid still has to see the mum. But not the another two elder kids who were 13 or above 13 at the time of the ruling.

Anyway the mum isn't really concerned about the kids. So all of them don't really see her most of the time and they are very happy about that.

The father anyway is in the care and control of the kids.

He does have to pay alimony to the wife as that was already ruled in the earlier stage.

Anyway you have mentioned many valid and important points here.

Thanks bro :thumbsup:

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is welfare lawyer the cheaper type to engage since there is no better choice
Marriage in sg is a guarantee security to the woman

Hi, we are aware of that.

We did try those free ones in community centre, etc but he already reaches the limit.

As for the cheaper one, he's really out case so he can't resort to that too.

Unless he goes crowd funding to hire a lawyer.

Anyway thanks for your points!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.

But the guy really has no money.

When he started up the family, he earned a low income which I think less than 2k.

He relied on the overtime monthly but it was cut off by his management due to a supervisor who held person grudges against him.

His overtime was taken away for 5 years or more and he started taking loan from banks.

Because of that, he couldn't give much pocket money to the wife who quarreled with him and manhandled the kids almost everyday.

Anyway your points are noted and thanks.

Check this out......

Family law matters: Family Court Legal Clinic, by The Law Society of Singapore

If you need free legal advice on family law matters, you can visit the Family Court Legal Clinic organised by the Law Society of Singapore.

The Family Court Legal Clinic is only open to “needy residents in Singapore” who are not represented by lawyers and who have not sought legal advice on their matter yet. It is held at the Family Justice Courts every Wednesday (except on public holidays and eves of public holidays) from 4.30pm to 5.50pm. Each clinic session is 20 minutes long and applicants must attend in person.

You can register for a clinic session at the Divorce Registry of the Family Justice Courts.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't waste your time. Just suck it up and pay the woman her money. If not enough cash, pay instalments. If refuse to pay, go to jail.

Even with access to the best lawyers, billionaires had a huge chunk of their net worth taken away in expensive divorces, why should a penniless Sinkie peasant be exempted from the pain? :rolleyes:

My hunch is that the OP is that very divorced man, but even if the story were true, it really makes no sense to meddle in the domestic affairs of a so-called friend. That is his problem, and his battle. Leave him alone.

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, for my friend's case, he proved adultery of his ex-wife.. ex-wife dropped custody fight (she visits weekly only, care and control under my friend) and also agreed on no ex-spousal maintenance, hdb flat sold on open market and both take 50/50 as per the tenancy stated share portion when bought. All done without going to court, just agreement by lawyers. his ex-wife remarried to her boyfriend and now the kid is closer to my friend than her. He is not rich, but wants custody of the child badly, so did his homework (PI, photos, logs and the full works) before going to lawyer. Anyway, not applicable to this case as TS stated no 3rd party.

Bro.....
actually, your fren's 'homework' on his ex-wife's adultery will be meaningless to court procedures if his ex-wife wanna it to be challenged!
your fren was very lucky coz his ex-wife (already with her new found luxury) wanted a clean break.
perhaps, there was nothing for her to grab from him (I guess).
that's why there was no mention of court case at all.
anyway, he will be blessed when his kid grows up to realize what a great man his/her father has been!

back to TS case..... "incompatible/clashes in personality" will usually speed up divorce process with little or no challenges, whereas "3rd party or fidelity can easily trigger retaliation or even legal "physiological warfare" with all parties that complicates the most if 1 of the involved (including 3rd party) wanna get even!
lots of $, time, and leg-works just to get even???? worth????
in the end, the kidz will be the biggest victim(s) when parents divorce.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I believe the total amount should be $46,000 + $53,000 but I am not sure and that's why I ask here.

That's what I thought too earlier. So I had to re-read the para several times since the word "another" was used in 3a(1)(ii). Best for Abang to clarify directly and hopefully, you are right.

1550126829200.png

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway according to the defendant, the amount of the cpf money was derived from 45% of the defendant's asset. Because the judge earlier awarded this proportion to the wife based on her contribution to the marriage and the length of the marriage (13 yrs).

The defendant understands that he needs to give a share to the bitch be it under the law or morally.

But he can't agree on the proportion.

I think a fair way is to calculate assets (for the purpose of apportioning assets) is to do so only from the assets acquired from, and not before, the date of marriage, along pre-nuptials line. Otherwise, you have all these bitches and gold diggers claiming their share of assets acquired by a man way before the man met, fucked or even married them.

For Sinkie men, please bear the WC in mind and marry a woman for her character, compatibility with your personality, potential to be a good mother, etc. Unless she is unbearably ugly, her looks are not that important for a long term relationship because after the first few fucks, the looks do not matter so much anymore. In fact, it will cost you less in the long term by hiring a hooker if you are going for looks.

Imagine the girl below is Ginfreely, sweet and beautiful, and a virgin to boot. But would it be wise to marry, or have a long term relationship with her despite her beauty and virginity?

1550128311000.png

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Sinkie men, please bear the WC in mind and marry a woman for her character, compatibility with your personality, potential to be a good mother, etc.

There's no guarantee she'll change (or revert to her true nature) after the ring is put on the finger.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check this out......

Family law matters: Family Court Legal Clinic, by The Law Society of Singapore

If you need free legal advice on family law matters, you can visit the Family Court Legal Clinic organised by the Law Society of Singapore.

The Family Court Legal Clinic is only open to “needy residents in Singapore” who are not represented by lawyers and who have not sought legal advice on their matter yet. It is held at the Family Justice Courts every Wednesday (except on public holidays and eves of public holidays) from 4.30pm to 5.50pm. Each clinic session is 20 minutes long and applicants must attend in person.

You can register for a clinic session at the Divorce Registry of the Family Justice Courts.

Hi, he might have tried that but nevertheless, it's kind of you taking trouble to share the info.

That's very thoughtful of you, thanks :thumbsup:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right.

But the guy really has no money.

When he started up the family, he earned a low income which I think less than 2k.

He relied on the overtime monthly but it was cut off by his management due to a supervisor who held person grudges against him.

His overtime was taken away for 5 years or more and he started taking loan from banks.

Because of that, he couldn't give much pocket money to the wife who quarreled with him and manhandled the kids almost everyday.

Anyway your points are noted and thanks.

So, the lady left coz he's poor? If that's the case, good riddance...

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
back to TS case..... "incompatible/clashes in personality" will usually speed up divorce process with little or no challenges, whereas "3rd party or fidelity can easily trigger retaliation or even legal "physiological warfare" with all parties that complicates the most if 1 of the involved (including 3rd party) wanna get even!
lots of $, time, and leg-works just to get even???? worth????
in the end, the kidz will be the biggest victim(s) when parents divorce.

As far as I know, the above is true in the case I quoted here.

The wife file divorce with unreasonable behavior as reason.

The husband didn't contest it as he also wanted to end the marriage.

The court ruled the divorce soon after some mediation which I think in a few months time.

The matter starts to drag only when the husband decided to contest the child custody, the alimony and the asset division.

And it's true the kids are innocent and always the victims.

But if you are fighting for their right and benefits, then you have to head on.

Except that you have to be very careful with the kids' emotion if they are still kind of young.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what's I thought too earlier. So I had to re-read the para several times since the word "another" was used in 3a(1)(ii). Best for Abang to clarify directly and hopefully, you are right.

View attachment 53899

Hi, thanks for checking back and masking the name and address in the paper.

I have to say you're fast in catching the detail and the key point.

Indeed the word "another" is the key word here and makes lots of different.

I've double-checked and found out that the defendant has overheard that the lawyer who drafts the paper has made an error.

The "another" is believed to be a typo. It should be "the". So it should be $46000 less than what you guys initially calculated.

I do hope that is the case. Otherwise another $46000 gone is a big loss to him and the kids but a huge gain to the bitch.

Sorry for the confusion :biggrin: