• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice Needed: Management Problem

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Scenario:

Department Alpha Staffs: Total 3 staffs, able to hit target of 500K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 120

Department Bravo Staffs: Total 4 staffs, only hit 150K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 60

Both department staffs are given the same training, both are equally hardworking. But despite equally hardworking, the whole team of Bravo could only find 60 customers, and therefore the lower sales figure.

But why are there such a disparity in the performance? Its giving me a big headache at work.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to increase their productivity? Thank you in advance.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Combined them together to become 650K with staff of 7 loh.

Scenario:

Department Alpha Staffs: Total 3 staffs, able to hit target of 500K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 120

Department Bravo Staffs: Total 4 staffs, only hit 150K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 60

Both department staffs are given the same training, both are equally hardworking. But despite equally hardworking, the whole team of Bravo could only find 60 customers, and therefore the lower sales figure.

But why are there such a disparity in the performance? Its giving me a big headache at work.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to increase their productivity? Thank you in advance.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
what are their characters like in Bravo? Do they get along and synergise? Is there good leadership ? Do you think they are motivated?

How long this disparity in results...if just a month or 2 then be a little patient.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Combined them together to become 650K with staff of 7 loh.

I also know. Its within the same company. I just want to increase department bravo performance to match that of department alpha. The disparity is too much. I expect a more balance performance between the two.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
what are their characters like in Bravo? Do they get along and synergise? Is there good leadership ? Do you think they are motivated?

How long this disparity in results...if just a month or 2 then be a little patient.

Department Alpha all old birds, mixture of youth and elderly. Been with the company for 5 years. Department Bravo is a new department in its 3rd month. All 50+ old men.

I know some of you might say they are still new. But past experience of training new teams, there will always be one person that will stood out from the rest. However, this time, all of their performance are the same, under perform.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bro...3rd month only....mebbe give a little more time for them to gel as a unit. Also try to see if you can identify a learder from among them...

then motivate and encourage him to step up.

Department Alpha all old birds, mixture of youth and elderly. Been with the company for 5 years. Department Bravo is a new department in its 3rd month. All 50+ old men.

I know some of you might say they are still new. But past experience of training new teams, there will always be one person that will stood out from the rest. However, this time, all of their performance are the same, under perform.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What sort biz is this? A team willing to use own time and $$ to entertain clients while team B who a bunch of do gooder refuse to entertain client instead just count on the product?

Best find out the different between both teams to find out why or break up both teams and mix into one team to see any different in total sales.

If it a common product that can be found anywhere then it the abilities of the sales team to convince the clients. Training of sales team can only do so much but it the in born ability of the salesman that make the different.

That why some make million from insurance while some struggle to close one deal a month.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like the case of too much cooks spoil the soup then. Being outstanding individual in its own doesn't mean they can work with other outstanding individuals and achieve bigger results.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pareto Principle at work here. No worries.

Scenario:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What sort biz is this?

If it a common product that can be found anywhere then it the abilities of the sales team to convince the clients. Training of sales team can only do so much but it the in born ability of the salesman that make the different.

They are telemarketers and we are dealing with financial products.

Are they selling the same products?

Same product brother.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro...3rd month only....mebbe give a little more time for them to gel as a unit. Also try to see if you can identify a learder from among them...

then motivate and encourage him to step up.

That could be the problem. Every team i train up, there will be a superstar that pops up to set an example. But this team has no superstar. It seems that everyone is rotting together.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
B group in 50s? -_-"

I would regroup them, split the newbies and let the oldies guide them, if posssible lah, haha

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
if you really think so then could you transfer a promising guy from the other team ( not the leader )whom you think could help Bravo?

That could be the problem. Every team i train up, there will be a superstar that pops up to set an example. But this team has no superstar. It seems that everyone is rotting together.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are telemarketers and we are dealing with financial products.
Same product brother.
OK, got a clearer picture. There are 2 teams, Team A and Team B. Team A is the more experience team whereas Team B is the 50+ Ah Pek team. Think there is a job mismatch for the Ah Pek. Don't think Ah Pek is 'hungry' enough for more sales and also Telemarketing job need to be very thick skin and can tahan scoldings, rude customers, and most importantly, rejections.

Pai Seh, my thinking is 50+ Ah Peks are not suitable for such jobs.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pai Seh, my thinking is 50+ Ah Peks are not suitable for such jobs.

The problem is, no young people are willing to take up the jobs. I advertised and not much young people called. Those who called, do not want the job. Alot of pinays called though.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
if you really think so then could you transfer a promising guy from the other team ( not the leader )whom you think could help Bravo?

Thats the fucking problem. Department Alpha is under another manager and my boss does not want to combine the departments for fear of making the Alpha manager unhappy. Over at Alpha, that guy enjoyed absolute power. Combining the company means he will have to share power with me. My boss is seldom in Singapore and he leaves everything to us. I was the one who trained up Alpha and gave the team to the current manager.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the male/female ratio in both team?

imho is team B lacks product knowledge. put them through the product training again.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scenario:

What is your median forecast for sales and I am assuming they're operating in the same market. One data point may not be sufficient. Take it from there.
What is important is whether there is a reward system in place for 'over achievers' and whether team B's approach to sales requires further tweaking. The answers lies in the numbers.