• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Addressing current problems with Singapore’s taxi service

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear minister Khaw Boon Wan,

I am currently employed in tourism industry and sincerely hope you could help resolve some issues with Singaporean taxi services before stopping the growth of both Grabcar and Uber, which I regard as extremely helpful in many circumstances.

1. Taxi commuters are complaining they made multiple calls to different taxi operators and only after 4th call, the taxi finally arrived, 45 minutes later.

2. Everyday, out of every 10 taxis that arrived to pick up their on-call passengers, 2 taxis will leave without waiting, or contacting their passengers, thus leaving them in a lurch. This has embarrassed our organization immensely. Please solve this problem.

3. Some foreign female taxi passengers have asked why Singapore taxis do not have a metal barrier between the taxi drivers and passengers in the cabin similar to taxicabs in other countries. They find certain taxi drivers here too overly “friendly” towards them, and thus having a metal barrier to keep drivers away would be very helpful.

4. The perennial complain of Taxi passengers having difficulty getting a taxi during peak-hours, mornings, and evenings. Calling a cab through the taxi operators will making more than 3 calls and a cab would arrived only after 30-45 minutes. Waiting at the roadside could means another 30 minutes wait.

5. I understand some taxi drivers are also former, or current drug addicts, thus, are taxi drivers required to undergo periodic urine test to ascertain they are fit to work with customers?

Please help to resolve the above issues.

Thank you.

Taxi commuter

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/10/15/addressing-current-problems-with-singapores-taxi-service/