• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Accused who allegedly threatened MP called officers "cowards"

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/415706/1/.html

Accused who allegedly threatened MP called officers "cowards"
By Leong Wee Keat, TODAY | Posted: 16 March 2009 2312 hrs

php74pl0j.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

Ng Kim Ngweng

SINGAPORE: He had insisted repeatedly on wanting to meet the REACH feedback officers in person.

And when he was refused, Mr Ng Kim Ngweng became more unhappy, reportedly calling the officers "cowards" and "dogs".

During the same phone conversation in which he allegedly made a criminal threat against Member of Parliament Denise Phua, Mr Ng, 49, also apparently told REACH officer Tan Chia Yong that "a hungry man is an angry man".

Testifying at Mr Ng's trial on Monday, Mr Tan said he was still in fear of the accused, as he had read reports over the weekend that Mr Ng was a vengeful person.

Recounting the phone conversation on January 12, Mr Tan said he had tried to engage Mr Ng verbally as little as possible, so as not to fuel his anger.

The REACH officer got "alarmed" when he heard Mr Ng – who was shouting during the conversation – said he wanted to hit Ms Phua.

Mr Tan told the court he could not ignore Mr Ng's alleged threat to hurt Ms Phua as the highly agitated caller had also mentioned MP Seng Han Thong, who had been set on fire just a day earlier.

"When I dealt with Mr Ng over the phone, he did not give me the impression that he was joking," said Mr Tan. "He sounded dead serious about what he said and I took him very seriously."

The hearing continues.

- /so