• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

About 50 people were evacuated from a Housing Board block in Toa Payoh after a fire broke out

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

50 residents evacuated after fire breaks out at Toa Payoh flat​

SCDF firefighters forcibly entered the affected unit and extinguished the blaze using one water jet.
50 residents evacuated after fire breaks out at Toa Payoh flat

A screengrab from a video sent in by a CNA reader showing a fire at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022.

Calvin Oh

Kurt Ganapathy

12 Aug 2022 09:22PM (Updated: 12 Aug 2022 10:41PM)
Bookmark
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn

SINGAPORE: About 50 residents were evacuated from a Housing Board block in Toa Payoh on Friday (Aug 12) evening following a blaze in one of the units.
Two casualties are currently being assessed by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Emergency Medical Services.

ADVERTISEMENT​

In a Facebook post at about 8.50pm, SCDF said that it was alerted to the fire at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh and that firefighting operations were ongoing.
In a subsequent post at about 9.50pm, SCDF said the fire was extinguished with one water jet and that damping down operations were ongoing.
"Upon SCDF’s arrival, the fire was raging and thick black smoke was emitting from a unit on the 3rd floor. SCDF firefighters conducted forcible entry into the affected unit."
The 50 residents were evacuated as a "precautionary measure", said SCDF.
Singapore Police Force (SPF) officers were at the scene and assisted with the evacuation.

ADVERTISEMENT​

Previous
img_9276.jpg
Residents evacuate after a fire broke out in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9273.jpg
Residents look on after a fire broke out in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9285.jpg
Residents look on after a fire broke out in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9279.jpg
Residents watch as Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) firefighters put out a fire in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9276.jpg
Residents evacuate after a fire broke out in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9273.jpg
img_9285.jpg
img_9279.jpg
Residents watch as Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) firefighters put out a fire in a unit at Block 222 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh on Aug 12, 2022. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long)
img_9276.jpg
Next
Footage of the incident showed dozens of people standing outside the block, some of them recording with their mobile phones. Shattering glass could be heard as the blaze raged from the unit's window.
A CNA reader, who declined to be named, said the fire started at about 8.10pm.
"I was in my room. I (smelled) smoke before being (alerted) that there was a fire happening," she said.
"I thought it was just for the (Hungry Ghost Festival) prayers, but I (noticed) the smoke was really distinct and coming into my room through the window."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is the new normal for low ses sinkies when morons bring their made in prc ebikes into their flats. 1 moron can impact hundreds in 1 night. at least in landed properties impacts are minimal.