• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compulsory insurance for tourists eyed
Travel coverage set to launch this year
PUBLISHED : 1 JUL 2019 AT 06:24
c1_1704784_190701062619.jpg
Compulsory travel insurance for foreign visitors at a 20-baht premium each is expected to debut this year, according to the Office of the Insurance Commission.

Foreign travellers will be required to pay for the compulsory insurance at immigration offices in airports, while the premium will be directed to Thailand's Tourism Promotion Fund for coverage of payments in the event of claims, said secretary-general Suthiphon Thaveechaiyagarn.
The compulsory travel insurance will offer up to 1 million baht of coverage in cases of death, with a maximum duration of 30 days.
The insurance will have to seek approval from the Tourism and Sports Ministry before being forwarded to the cabinet later.
The travel insurance coverage is intended to bolster the confidence of foreign tourists when visiting Thailand.

Compulsory travel insurance for inbound tourists was raised after a string of foreign tourist tragedies, including last year's boat catastrophe off Phuket that claimed 47 Chinese lives.
The China market is the biggest for Thai tourism, making up nearly 10 million visitors out of the overall 38 million international arrivals last year.
The Tourism and Sports Ministry has forecast the number of foreign tourists this year at more than 40 million, contributing 2.13 trillion baht in revenue.

The tourism industry is one of the Thai economy's few bright spots, generating income that accounts for nearly 18% of the country's GDP.
In a related development, the OIC has launched a peace-of-mind travel programme, a pilot project in Nakhon Nayok province.
Under the scheme, tour operators provide insurance to customers and tour guides.

Mr Suthiphon said Nakorn Nayok is an ideal province for a trial run of the project, as it has plenty of activities for travellers such as rafting, activity at waterfalls, climbing and biking, and these activities carry the risk of accidents.
In 2018, 2.1 million tourists visited Nakhon Nayok province.
"We've encouraged local tour operators to take out insurance for their customers, to provide them protection in case of accidents or death," Mr Suthiphon said.
According to the Tourism Business and Guide Act, tour operators are required to provide tourists insurance coverage of at least 1 million baht per tourist in case of death and 500,000 baht in case of injury.
Any tour operator that fails to comply with the law is liable for up to a 500,000-baht fine.

max90

Alfrescian
Loyal
I decided to pay homages to the land of smiles - been some time since I was back, and it is always a good feeling to bask in its multi-faceted culture

Did some work whilst here but mostly for the stomach....

566E4060-5338-4B5A-B8D6-80F42058130E.jpeg
CAEC59A5-C99F-411D-87CA-BFA18846290B.jpeg
C9A31816-41BD-4C97-A9C1-00FB61DE1011.jpeg
1573B37B-77F5-488A-9B3D-3ACACC1878D3.jpeg
4FDC8766-D062-4D39-9269-D92D2A865197.jpeg

max90

Alfrescian
Loyal
This restaurant looks very familiar

I hope you had not been disappointed

If I’d known you’re going there I’d have made sure you’re well taken care of

Salute!

Yes it is exactly the place you have in mind - I believe it’s my fourth time there but each time he would walk me through his 17 years of culinary history in Bangkok....

It’s a good place, a gem. Cheers

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes it is exactly the place you have in mind - I believe it’s my fourth time there but each time he would walk me through his 17 years of culinary history in Bangkok....

It’s a good place, a gem. Cheers

A gem indeed my friend. Like in a corner of nowhere. My goodness 4th there. Sure will bump into you one day. I just called him this afternoon to order a dozen bottles of Brunello for tomorrow’s party.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TNSC predicts income loss of B500bn
Strong baht hitting smaller exporters
PUBLISHED : 4 JUL 2019 AT 06:06

3247402.jpg
Exporters lost about B200bn worth of income in the first five months of 2019, says the Thai National Shippers' Council.

Exporters are estimated to lose as much as 500 billion baht worth of income from the strong baht this year, with small-scale entrepreneurs hit the hardest.

According to Visit Limlurcha, vice-chairman of the Thai National Shippers' Council, exporters have lost about 200 billion baht worth of income from the impact of the strong baht in the first five months of the year.

"If the baht still maintains its gain while responsible agencies have not come up with any measures to rein in the capital inflow, we believe Thai exporters, most of which are small and medium-sized ventures, will lose 400-500 billion baht worth of income," Mr Visit said.
"This will eventually affect the capability of many exporters to pay bonuses or extra rewards, as well as overall spending power."

The baht averaged 32.48 to the US dollar in 2018 and is now moving in a range of 30.50-30.60.

max90

Alfrescian
Loyal
A gem indeed my friend. Like in a corner of nowhere. My goodness 4th there. Sure will bump into you one day. I just called him this afternoon to order a dozen bottles of Brunello for tomorrow’s party.

Goodness, 12 bottles - must be one hella of a party
Luckily, I managed to snag one before it goes off the shelf :laugh:

FBAF8C58-676E-4256-9E62-B9BBE26A96D3.jpeg

Pasta is god damn yummy. Missing it already

FF02D9B9-82D2-4824-83C5-2419B08F11A7.jpeg

Mmmm...the grease on the Lamb - pardon the photo taking skills, looks machiam like Bak kut instead

6E7A5F77-CAC0-45E2-9A29-5674CFD75C25.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Huawei: Thai Market Share Rise to 20%

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1707182/huawei-thai-market-share-rises-to-20-

3248514.jpg

Mr Wang says Huawei plans to invest 160 million baht in 5G testing projects in Thailand and 700 million baht in cloud services.

Huawei Technologies says its smartphone market share in Thailand remains unscathed by US sanctions on the company, despite conflicting reports that the Chinese telecom giant's sales suffered dramatically.

The company said its market share in Thailand grew in the first five months of 2019 to 20% from 15% in 2018.

Huawei is set to increase its Thai marketing budget by 30% this year as a key move because the country is a strategic market in the region, according to Ingmar Wang, country director of Huawei Thailand's consumer business group.

Additionally, Huawei will still launch new products under Android's operating system as a first priority and has yet to set a timeline for the launch of its own OS, which is still in development.

Mr Wang said the trade war has resolved or at least normalised at this point.

"To be honest, the situation could change every day, but consumers can rest assured that Huawei's business will continue," he said.

Mr Wang said there have been many rumours about Huawei's products for the past few months, but the company responded immediately to clarify.

Huawei smartphones and tablets will keep functioning normally in all aspects, with continued support from Android, he said.

The company will continue to provide security updates and after-sale services to all existing Huawei smartphones and tablet products that have been sold, or that are still in stock in stores globally.

Customers will be able to access Google services and applications such as YouTube, Google Maps, Google Play, Gmail and more as they normally would.

The company's future with Android remains uncertain after US President Donald Trump recently announced that the ban on US firms supplying technology to Huawei would be lifted, while the US Commerce Department said the ban would remain.

Recently, distributors Synnex, Jaymart, TG, Com7 and CSC, as well as two big operators (AIS and True), showed support for Huawei by announcing a warranty campaign with two years of full refunds for new Huawei customers.

Customers purchasing Huawei smartphones and tablets can claim a full refund in the event of issues in accessing or updating popular apps from Google and Facebook.

Huawei's grand sale, the biggest promotional campaign of the year, just started with special offers running from June 28 to the end of August. The promotional budget for the sale rose by 50% from last year.

Mr Wang said Huawei plans to invest 160 million baht in 5G testing projects in Thailand and 700 million baht in cloud services.

Recently, Advanced Info Service and True Move H Universal Communication performed 5G network tests using the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G, a device that Huawei is considering launching in Thailand in the near future.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its dogs out day brought them out for dinner
oBk4XSo.jpg

oquWmyp.jpg

n06em1P.jpg

Live razor clams
pYC8I4u.jpg

FRKnzHj.jpg

Truffle pizza, yummy
v9NeY7s.jpg